U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 04:30 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,897,953 times

Advertisements

Well for 1 the standard of living between NY and NJ are comparable enough as to not cause a mass migration from 1 state to another.
For another common language and culture. Not exactly the same but close.
Most who migrate from 1 state to another tend to have a job and living arrangments set up before the move.
Most will not become an imeadiate burden upon their new state or community the exception being those who are disabled or have children with disabilities.
Just a few examples of an obvious difference.
Those from SOB which are the immigrants really being discussed because they are the vast majority of offenders.
They do not share a common language or culture.
Immigrants tend to not speak our language nor do their children forcing us to provide translators. An added expense from the begining. Most come here with very limited if any cash on hand in the case of a crisis. Once again as a result they use our er's and never pay the bill. Hospitals across the nation are reporting this. They cant all be lieing can they?
Those who migrate state to state have already paid into federal systems and are eligible. Migrants from other countries have not.
Quite honestly there is nothing that can be compared other than the fact both groups are migrating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 08:13 PM

5,200 posts, read 4,112,644 times
Default Three-fourths of voters want employers punished for hiring illegal aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
It's not avery. I am one of the real people who been adversely affected by it. But those who aren't touched will continue to deny such a problem exists.
Everyone is affected, some either don't realize it or refuse to accept it. When 10 % of a population are draining resources from the whole, everyone is affected.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:41 AM

1,574 posts, read 790,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Everyone is affected, some either don't realize it or refuse to accept it. When 10 % of a population are draining resources from the whole, everyone is affected.
So basically you don't care so much about immigration status, what you care about is welfare?

Old 08-13-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
So basically you don't care so much about immigration status, what you care about is welfare?
Where do you get that?

I thought you were really smart, at least you keep saying you are real smart.

This thread is about Criminal Illegal Aliens. I believe there are well over 30 million illegals in our great country.
I believe they are the single largest problem we have in this country.

Last edited by buddy5; 08-13-2011 at 11:16 AM..

Old 08-13-2011, 03:33 PM

1,574 posts, read 790,233 times
Quote:
Where do you get that?

I thought you were really smart, at least you keep saying you are real smart.

This thread is about Criminal Illegal Aliens. I believe there are well over 30 million illegals in our great country.
I believe they are the single largest problem we have in this country.
Where do I get that?

Quote:
When 10 % of a population are draining resources from the whole, everyone is affected.
Do poor people who are citizens drain the resources any less than poor people who are not?

I know what this thread is about. People who hide behind the "this thread is about X" gambit are almost always trying to avoid an uncomfortable conversation. What are you afraid of?

Old 08-13-2011, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Where do I get that?

Do poor people who are citizens drain the resources any less than poor people who are not?

I know what this thread is about. People who hide behind the "this thread is about X" gambit are almost always trying to avoid an uncomfortable conversation. What are you afraid of?
The poor people who came here, uninvited, don't belong here.

Look, you are smarter than me, so I'll use a different example.

Let's say someone breaks into my house and starts eating my food when I am on vacation. I come home, and want him to leave. He won't go, then he demands I learn his language and then wants me to take him to the doctor and get stitches for the arm he cut when he came in my broken window.

This is how I view Illegal Aliens. I didn't invite him to my house (America), he broke in anyway, and I want him to leave.

Do you have it now?

Old 08-14-2011, 07:26 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,158,884 times
Quote:
The poor people who came here, uninvited, don't belong here.

Look, you are smarter than me, so I'll use a different example.

Let's say someone breaks into my house and starts eating my food when I am on vacation. I come home, and want him to leave. He won't go, then he demands I learn his language and then wants me to take him to the doctor and get stitches for the arm he cut when he came in my broken window.

This is how I view Illegal Aliens. I didn't invite him to my house (America), he broke in anyway, and I want him to leave.

Do you have it now?

Exactly, and our country is our house/home so it is the same thing as one's personal home. We have certain rights in our own homes just like we citizens have certain rights in our own country one of which is to be protected from an invasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or