Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 03:56 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Why should they? Arguing "because they're criminals" is begging the question. Why should it be illegal in the first place?

America was built on immigration, remember. How is it unamerican to be in favor of expansive, liberal immigration policy? And note, when you say "shouldn't all americans have this agenda" you are directly implying that it's unamerican not to.

So let's hear it, how is closed borders so OBVIOUSLY and quintessentially American?

We are a sovereign nation. Did you forget that part? We have an immigration policy in this country. Use it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 04:02 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
We are a sovereign nation. Did you forget that part? We have an immigration policy in this country. Use it.
Read his actual question. This is not even resembling an actual answer.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:21 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
Yes, I have to admit that one of my political agendas is to prevent illegal alien lawbreakers and criminals from entering the U.S., and to remove those that are already here. Shouldn't all Americans have this same political agenda?
I think many more Americans will agree with you. How do you propose going about this situation, when even those in Power who could do something aobut it, oddly stand by on the side lines?

Old 08-10-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Read his actual question. This is not even resembling an actual answer.

I guess I should have added that we already have the most expansive liberal immigration policy in the world? Is that better?

Old 08-10-2011, 05:28 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,603 times
Quote:
I guess I should have added that we already have the most expansive liberal immigration policy in the world? Is that better?
You think this answers the question of why closed borders are obviously and quintessentially American?

Old 08-10-2011, 06:27 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Don't ya just love the spin and lies of the pro-illegals? Who is advocating for "closed borders"? Why should we increase our quotas for legal immigration when our economy is in the tank and jobs are scarce? Our population is growing by leaps and bounds. We have to create 200,000 new jobs a month just to keep up with our population growth. Energy prices are high, food prices are high, our schools are overcroweded, there is gridlock on our highways. I have to wait a month to 6 weeks just to see my doctor for the basics. Our clinics and hospitals and ER's are overwhelmed with people. I wish the pro-illegals would get a grip on reality. I guess we are supposed to be the answer for the whole world's needy by importing them into our country. Yeah, let's kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:15 PM

335 posts, read 328,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Um, no. No.
Oh that's right, there are some American citizens who, for whatever odd reason, actually support illegal alien lawbreakers and criminals. Hmm, I wonder if these American citizens also support American lawbreakers and criminals?

Old 08-10-2011, 07:17 PM

Agreed Chicagonut. How can you even have a conversation with them when they can't see the obvious. It's like a petulant child that continually cries "Why not mommy, why not? I only have three puppies that I don't take care of, I only want one more".

Old 08-10-2011, 07:26 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Why should they? Arguing "because they're criminals" is begging the question. Why should it be illegal in the first place?

America was built on immigration, remember. How is it unamerican to be in favor of expansive, liberal immigration policy? And note, when you say "shouldn't all americans have this agenda" you are directly implying that it's unamerican not to.

So let's hear it, how is closed borders so OBVIOUSLY and quintessentially American?
Why illegal aliens are ILLEGAL is cause we would have almost teh whole word trying to come here. NO THANKS!

Mexico dont like illegals aliens, hell they treat people from Guatemala like dirt. Guatemala WAS part of Mexico after Spain was booted out.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:26 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,018,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
Oh that's right, there are some American citizens who, for whatever odd reason, actually support illegal alien lawbreakers and criminals. Hmm, I wonder if these American citizens also support American lawbreakers and criminals?
Do you think all crimes are equally bad just by virtue of some guy saying "this is hereby declared a crime"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration