U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-14-2011, 08:42 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Uneducated Americans have teh RIGHT to be here. ILLEGAL aliens DONT!
True, and I think it's good that as a nation WE aren't dumping our less-advantaged into neighboring nations. Our presidents, no matter what else one thinks of them aren't trying to solve our unemployment problems by publishing little comic books suggesting to them how they should go illegally into other countries.

It's the leaders of OTHER nations, one in particular who entice their impoverished to get the hell out by referring to them as "heroes" and encouraging them to use that "Americans even blacks won't lower themselves to do particular jobs" excuse for breaking our laws.

Imagine if these other countries instead took a better approach and built more schools and created more opportunities but also didn't encourage the serious overbreeding problems of their impoverished classes?

 
Old 08-14-2011, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Inis Fada
16,685 posts, read 27,887,589 times
Reputation: 7177
I truly hope that none of you lose a family member, friend, coworker or classmate to an illegal who had no right to be here in the first place.
 
Old 08-14-2011, 04:37 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Reputation: 124
I hope none of you lose a family member period. :|
 
Old 08-14-2011, 10:02 PM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,237,724 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I truly hope that none of you lose a family member, friend, coworker or classmate to an illegal who had no right to be here in the first place.
Yeah.

Tho sometimes it takes something real bad bfore people wake up and do something. Like an illegal killin a cop, etc. Thats when Phoenix started gettin tougher bout nailin illegals.
 
Old 08-15-2011, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Really? Moreso than real US citizens can?
Drunk drivers are a menace to society. You constantly attempt to trivialize the carnage caused by illegal alien drunk drivers by mentioning the fact that we also have citizens who drive drunk. Yes we do. But, a citizen did not kill this man. He was killed by someone who should not have been here, and would not have been here, had our borders been secured and our laws enforced.

Tell me, should we have ignored the 9/11 attacks simply because we have also had homegrown terrorists? Should we assume the 3,000+ who died on 9/11 would have otherwise been killed by a citizen?
 
Old 08-15-2011, 08:27 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Drunk drivers are a menace to society. You constantly attempt to trivialize the carnage caused by illegal alien drunk drivers by mentioning the fact that we also have citizens who drive drunk. Yes we do. But, a citizen did not kill this man. He was killed by someone who should not have been here, and would not have been here, had our borders been secured and our laws enforced.

Tell me, should we have ignored the 9/11 attacks simply because we have also had homegrown terrorists? Should we assume the 3,000+ who died on 9/11 would have otherwise been killed by a citizen?
Except I'm not trying to trivialize the actual crime committed here at all. That's just something you made up.

What I'm trivializing is the argument that "if we got rid of the illegals this wouldn't happen." Because it's a dumb argument. Yes, it's true, but it's dumb because you're only looking at one effect and ignoring all the other effects AND the costs. PLUS, way back earlier in the thread, you implied that illegals commit DUI very frequently as a way of justifying a crackdown on immigrant drivers, but you weren't able to provide ANY evidence to back that up at all.

So, if what you REALLY want is to lower DUI-related deaths, then focusing on illegals is basically the dumbest possible way to go about doing that. If what you actually want is to just demonize immigrants and find an excuse to get rid of them, then this is probably a good tactic.
 
Old 08-15-2011, 08:40 AM
 
Location: bold new city of the south
5,200 posts, read 4,107,506 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Except I'm not trying to trivialize the actual crime committed here at all. That's just something you made up.

What I'm trivializing is the argument that "if we got rid of the illegals this wouldn't happen." Because it's a dumb argument. Yes, it's true, but it's dumb because you're only looking at one effect and ignoring all the other effects AND the costs. PLUS, way back earlier in the thread, you implied that illegals commit DUI very frequently as a way of justifying a crackdown on immigrant drivers, but you weren't able to provide ANY evidence to back that up at all.

So, if what you REALLY want is to lower DUI-related deaths, then focusing on illegals is basically the dumbest possible way to go about doing that. If what you actually want is to just demonize immigrants and find an excuse to get rid of them, then this is probably a good tactic.
They are not immigrants.

We like immigrants. They learn the language, laws (and obey them), culture, history, work, pay taxes, and improve our nation.

Illegal Criminal Aliens break the law immediately upon entering our country. They are an unwanted Cancer (as are you), to our way of life.

This Criminal Illegal Alien was drunk, driving without a license and KILLED someone. He KILLED him. That man is DEAD, DEAD. And still you defend this low-life sorry drunk law-breaking CRIMINAL ILLEGAL ALIEN.

To Hell with your agenda. Have some respect. I thought you were smart.
 
Old 08-15-2011, 08:44 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,127 times
Reputation: 111
They actually are immigrants. They immigrate here.

You didn't address his point, actually. Unless illegal immigrants are getting in more drunk driving accidents than the average bear, they aren't impacting the rate of accidents.
 
Old 08-15-2011, 08:55 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
They are not immigrants.
Oh, only the ones YOU LIKE are immigrants?

Quote:
This Criminal Illegal Alien was drunk, driving without a license and KILLED someone. He KILLED him. That man is DEAD, DEAD. And still you defend this low-life sorry drunk law-breaking CRIMINAL ILLEGAL ALIEN.
Please quote one thing I've said to defend the particular illegal immigrant drunk driver.
 
Old 08-15-2011, 09:13 AM
 
Location: bold new city of the south
5,200 posts, read 4,107,506 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Oh, only the ones YOU LIKE are immigrants?



Please quote one thing I've said to defend the particular illegal immigrant drunk driver.
Well, you call him an immigrant. From the moment he entered the country, he broke the law. Every state he crossed, he broke the law. When started the car, he broke several laws. And now, he has killed someone. Danny, his name is Danny. His children have no father, his wife has no husband. He is DEAD!!! Danny is dead. Danny is not a 'talking point', a 'statistic'. He is, er was, a human being. Danny was a father and husband, he's dead, and yet you call his murderer an immigrant. He is not an immigrant. He is a criminal illegal alien, who killed a father and husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top