Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 04:41 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,286,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
What do you think I'm wussing out on? You just admitted that your questions are irrelevant.

Here's a relevant question you've been dodging all day:

where did I defend drunk drivers?

The silence is deafening. I expect you will keep jumping up and down about how I didn't answer your "irrelevant" questions.
Remember these questions? They were yours first. I answered them. Why can't you? I know why you didn't answer my other ones. Everybody else does too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Buddy:

Are you a member of the communist party?

Do you hate America?

Are you sympathetic to terrorists?

Have you stopped beating your wife?

I mean, note that I'm not saying that you are a communist, or that you hate america, or that you love terrorists, or that you beat your wife. I'm just ASKING.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:45 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,013,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I have provided the link twice. The article states EXACTLY as I’ve posted. Of course, had you actually read the article linked to the video, you would know this. If you doubt the veracity of the video and article, and want to read the actual university study, you are free to Google.
You provided a link to a local news story that said something completely different than what you claimed it did, you haven't provided any hint that the video linked in the news story says anything different than what the news station's web page story said. Yes you provided that link twice.

If the actual study backs up your claim, YOU can google it, it's not my job to source your arguments for you.

Quote:
And, I am well-versed on race-baiting, even the most subtle attempts. You “could have” used a blond, etc. in your examples, but we both know why you didn’t.
I'm sure you are familiar with race baiting, but please explain how showing that jumping to conclusions about black people is a bad policy is race-baiting.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:46 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,013,537 times
Race-baiting - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Quote:
the making of verbal attacks against members of a racial group
What racial group was I making verbal attacks against?

Old 08-15-2011, 05:17 PM

951 posts, read 742,299 times
Quote:
I have provided the link twice. The article states EXACTLY as I’ve posted. Of course, had you actually read the article linked to the video, you would know this. If you doubt the veracity of the video and article, and want to read the actual university study, you are free to Google.

Quote:
I posted a video. Had you bothered to watch the video, you would realize according to a study conducted in North Carolina, it was determined that a disproportionate percentage of drunk drivers are Hispanic, and Hispanic illegal aliens are the greatest offenders. I do believe that qualifies as evidence.

Quote:
A study from the University of North Carolina Highway Safety Research Center shows that Hispanics involved in car crashes were two-and-a-half times more likely to be drunk than white drivers and three times more likely to be drunk than black drivers.

Hispanics also account for 18 percent of drunken-driving arrests, while making up less than 7 percent of the state’s population. Drunken driving is also the number one killer of young Hispanic men in North Carolina.

So why is there such a high rate of drunken driving among Hispanics in North Carolina? Some say young Hispanic men consider drinking and driving a macho right of passage. Advocates say many who immigrate here did not drive a car back in their home country and have not been exposed to anti-drunken-driving messages and driver safety education.

Whatever the reasons, the alarming number of drunken-driving fatalities involving Hispanic drivers, especially illegal immigrants, has outraged victims’ families and some of North Carolina's leaders.
Focal Point: Crossing the Line :: WRAL.com

As for demonization, anyone who drinks and drives deserves to be demonized. Furthermore, I have no knowledge of the incidence of drunk driving among our immigrant population. I have only researched those who are here in violation of our laws. In other words, ILLEGAL ALIENS.
I said it already but sheesh how hard is reading comprehension people? Benicar's claim that the bolded is a statement provided in or from the study itself is hilarious. The author is stating that drunken driving fatalities involving Hispanics has the victim's families outraged. Especially the victims of illegal immigrants. In no way does that statement mean that the study by U of NC shows illegal immigrants have a higher rate of DUI.

I'm betting she will not be posting a link to the actual study or quotes from the study itself substantiating her claims because that wasn't in the scope of the study.

Last edited by huddledmasses; 08-15-2011 at 05:41 PM..

Old 08-15-2011, 05:24 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,274,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Remember, most of the irrelevant questions were asked by you first. I suggest you learn how to be saracastic before you try it again. You bluffed, I called your bluff, and you ran like a school girl.

You concentrate on one issue with me and leave several questions on the board, some I've asked previously, without answer. You don't make rules after you start something.

So, basically you are gonna wuss out.
Really hypocritical that this person is getting their panties all in a wad about being misquoted or someone claiming they said something that they say they didn't say when this very same person did it to me many times over. Most recently this morning and even implied that I am a racist. I am glad we have moderators to settle this.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Really hypocritical that this person is getting their panties all in a wad about being misquoted or someone claiming they said something that they say they didn't say when this very same person did it to me many times over. Most recently this morning and even implied that I am a racist. I am glad we have moderators to settle this.

No one needs to insinuate a thing when you make statements about keeping a white culture majority in America or when you say things like all the LEGAL foreigners that make Miami look like Havana should get out.

Last edited by huddledmasses; 08-15-2011 at 05:53 PM..

Old 08-15-2011, 06:37 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,585,003 times
Dan Gambardella Memorial Page | Facebook

I can not believe the direction this thread took.

Above I have posted the FB page Danny's wife created. Despite the fact that he was murdered by a drunken, unlicensed, undocumented law breaker, his family has taken the high road which this drunken POS did not.

Arraignment is Wednesday. If you wish to send an email in support ofbthe family, asking that the undocumented, unlicensed man who chose to drive drunk be punished to the fullest extent permissible, please do so.

I attended a small (by Long Island standards) high school which has lost alumni in situations which have gained national prominence -- terrorism, war on drugs, illegal immigration. Seven died on 9/11; P.O. Eddie Byrnes was murdered in his patrol car guarding a drug informer (it was huge national news in the late 80's) and now Danny, who would still be alive if the drunk driver who killed him never crossed our border.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:41 PM

Look, I feel bad for your friend. I really do, and I'm sorry you lost a friend as well. However, I'm not going to hop on board and hate all illegals because of this incident. His illegal status didn't kill this guy, his BAC followed by decision to drive combined with the inability to drive did. I'm sure I share the same disdain for all drunk drivers that you do as I have had a friend involved in an accident who was in a coma for several months. I do not, however hate everyone that drinks, just because he was hit by a drinker.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:54 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,857,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Dan Gambardella Memorial Page | Facebook

I can not believe the direction this thread took.

Above I have posted the FB page Danny's wife created. Despite the fact that he was murdered by a drunken, unlicensed, undocumented law breaker, his family has taken the high road which this drunken POS did not.

Arraignment is Wednesday. If you wish to send an email in support ofbthe family, asking that the undocumented, unlicensed man who chose to drive drunk be punished to the fullest extent permissible, please do so.

I attended a small (by Long Island standards) high school which has lost alumni in situations which have gained national prominence -- terrorism, war on drugs, illegal immigration. Seven died on 9/11; P.O. Eddie Byrnes was murdered in his patrol car guarding a drug informer (it was huge national news in the late 80's) and now Danny, who would still be alive if the drunk driver who killed him never crossed our border.

OMG, that is heartbreaking. TY for the link.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:06 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,274,969 times
I don't mean to get off topic but this case brings to mind another case about a year and a half ago. A white American citizen driving a car who was supposedly on drugs and killed another white American (who was a racist I might add and also pro-illegal). A pro-illegal on this forum was a supporter of him and shed crocodile tears over the accident and wanted justice for the deceased. I wonder where those same tears are and the cry for justice is for this man who was killed by a drunk illegal alien?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration