U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 09:27 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
My point is that we will never achieve a 100% guarantee of ¨safety¨ against any form of terrorism, until a mind scanner is invented...
I see, so since there in no 100% guarantee that we will be safe from terrorism whether it be domestic or foreign we should just allow our borders to be wide open to the foreign type of terrorism? Amazing coming from someone who served many years in our military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 09:30 AM

951 posts, read 616,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I see, so since there in no 100% guarantee that we will be safe from terrorism whether it be domestic or foreign we should just allow our borders to be wide open to the foreign type of terrorism? Amazing coming from someone who served many years in our military.
Basically, yes. It's not cost effective especially since they've already shown they can enter via airport just fine. I mean, it's not 100% guaranteed my house won't be broken into today when I'm gone but yet I will just have 1 lock on my door. No moat, no killer dogs, no guards, no sniper towers.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:11 AM

1,574 posts, read 789,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
How much are you willing to spend (and keep in mind money you spend on this boondoggle can't be used for things that are actually effective in improving security).

Old 08-12-2011, 10:35 AM

5,200 posts, read 4,109,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
How much are you willing to spend (and keep in mind money you spend on this boondoggle can't be used for things that are actually effective in improving security).
Whatever we save on healthcare, prison lodging, housing benefits, schools, education, and all the other things we give the 20-30 million deadbeat Criminal Illegal Aliens who we kick out.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:57 AM

1,574 posts, read 789,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Whatever we save on healthcare, prison lodging, housing benefits, schools, education, and all the other things we give the 20-30 million deadbeat Criminal Illegal Aliens who we kick out.
OK, show some calculations.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:33 AM

5,200 posts, read 4,109,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
OK, show some calculations.
Let's do it the 'pelosi way'. Kick them out and add up the figures later.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:08 PM

23,603 posts, read 31,161,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
And doesn't seem to remember domestic terrorist(s) like the OKC bombing...

It was an American that did that job...
What an utterly ridiculous thing to say.

Not wanting to make it easy for foreign terrorists to infiltrate our country is NOT the same thing as FORGETTING Oklahoma City. I live only one state away and was 20 when it happened, so it's UNLIKELY I'll FORGET it EVER.

How DARE you.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:13 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
What an utterly ridiculous thing to say.

Not wanting to make it easy for foreign terrorists to infiltrate our country is NOT the same thing as FORGETTING Oklahoma City. I live only one state away and was 20 when it happened, so it's UNLIKELY I'll FORGET it EVER.

How DARE you.
Thank you!

Old 08-12-2011, 05:30 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,671,058 times
Default "All Them Thar Fellers Be Ere Fer Tha Dang Work" !!! OTAY !

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I guess Terrorism & crime are jobs Americans won't do , finally the president is right about something.
All American NYC !!! ... On The Money As Usual !!!

Indeed ... The acute debacle at America's Southern border has truly created an unprecedented violent crime rate increase within America !!!

It appears that our all wise gobbermint will never acknowledge this fact nor do a damn thing about getting the illegals the hail outta here!

Ya'll has a really, really nice day !!! Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 08-12-2011, 05:56 PM

951 posts, read 616,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
All American NYC !!! ... On The Money As Usual !!!

Indeed ... The acute debacle at America's Southern border has truly created an unprecedented violent crime rate increase within America !!!

It appears that our all wise gobbermint will never acknowledge this fact nor do a damn thing about getting the illegals the hail outta here!

Ya'll has a really, really nice day !!! Old Sgt. Lamar

coolstorybro

Violent crime is down in all border states. Try again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration