U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-13-2011, 08:47 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 789,949 times
Reputation: 124

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I´m asking if we solely closed the entire southern border (absolutely nothing can get through), how much future foreign terrorism would it ¨prevent¨?...

It´s an easy answer, when you understand how terrorists adapt...
For those of you who need a hint, the answer is: zero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-13-2011, 08:24 PM
 
951 posts, read 617,163 times
Reputation: 89
Chi-nut: The people coming from the south could be terrorists
IBM: More come in from the north doesn't that bother you more
Chi-nut: No, it's the illegal immigrants entering in the south that bother me.

lulz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2011, 09:15 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,014,480 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Really? Link, please. I don't care which border they are coming through our borders need to be secured. The fact remains though that since at least 11 million illegal aliens (includiing 41,000 OTM's) have managed to come through our southern border rather than our northern one, I would say it is the most vulnerable.
You want proof that more ¨Other Than Mexicans¨ come through a border that is not with Mexico? Note that if someone is not Mexican, and crosses the border, they are ¨OTM¨. Were the 9/11 hijackers Mexican or OTM?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 06:41 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,156,126 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You want proof that more ¨Other Than Mexicans¨ come through a border that is not with Mexico? Note that if someone is not Mexican, and crosses the border, they are ¨OTM¨. Were the 9/11 hijackers Mexican or OTM?
Yes, I would like proof that more OTM's have come through our northern border "illegally" than our southern one. I'll be waiting. The 9/11 hijackers came with visas, they didn't come here illegally. Another thing is that millions of Canadians have not come through our northern border illegaly as millions of Mexicans have come through our southern border illegally. If you have proof otherwise, please provide it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 07:05 AM
 
Location: New Hampshire
4,827 posts, read 4,649,869 times
Reputation: 3584
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yes, I would like proof that more OTM's have come through our northern border "illegally" than our southern one. I'll be waiting. The 9/11 hijackers came with visas, they didn't come here illegally. Another thing is that millions of Canadians have not come through our northern border illegaly as millions of Mexicans have come through our southern border illegally. If you have proof otherwise, please provide it.
You are going to wait foreeeeeeeever because there will be no proof because illegal Mexicans outnumber illegal Canadians any day of the week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 07:43 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,156,126 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
You are going to wait foreeeeeeeever because there will be no proof because illegal Mexicans outnumber illegal Canadians any day of the week.
And because of the fact that at least 11 million illegals slipped through our southern border undetected and not our northern one it is more likely that more OTM's (including those with ties to terrorist countries) came through our southern border also. The FBI director pointed that out himself. It if were true of our northern border then he would have included that one also.

You're right, I will probably wait till hell freezes over for him to prove otherwise because it simply isn't true. Pro-illegals just can't stand for that little fact to be exposed because it doesn't suit their agenda of filling up this country with Mexicans and other latinos. What is even more puzzling is what is their motive when someone isn't even Hispanic themselves and does not employ illegals either. I have seen this kind of sentiment from many non-hispanic Americans who are married to Hispanics even though many of them came legally. It is as though they have taken on the natonality and ethnicity of their spouses and shed off their own. Truly strange indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 08:24 AM
 
Location: bold new city of the south
5,200 posts, read 4,110,607 times
Reputation: 6156
At least the Canadians can speak the language and assimilate our culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 08:36 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,739,847 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
At least the Canadians can speak the language and assimilate our culture.
Yeah, I guess all those illegal Canadians all over the place is why we're having to "oprimar dos para escuchar el mensaje en ingles" - (press two for English).

What a joke - there might be some Canadians here illegally just like there might be some Americans in Canada illegally -- probably about the same either way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 09:55 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 789,949 times
Reputation: 124
Nobody is suggesting that you learn spanish. I mean I get that it just drives some people crazy to see spanish on shampoo bottles, but don't worry, they aren't going to stop using english on soap anytime soon.

Anyway, thank you for proving my point, this ultimately doesn't have squat to do with the legality of the immigrants. It's about who they are and that we don't like them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2011, 10:26 AM
 
Location: bold new city of the south
5,200 posts, read 4,110,607 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Nobody is suggesting that you learn spanish. I mean I get that it just drives some people crazy to see spanish on shampoo bottles, but don't worry, they aren't going to stop using english on soap anytime soon.

Anyway, thank you for proving my point, this ultimately doesn't have squat to do with the legality of the immigrants. It's about who they are and that we don't like them.
And you cry brown tears.

It is about them being illegal, you brought up the Canadians, we just brought up their linguistic skills which further enhances the illegals' (who can't speak correctly) inability to assimilate. Whatever your language is, that is not English, inhibits communication. In other words, at least Canadians assist in our countries growth and prosperity. People who can't communicate cannot be an asset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top