U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 01:33 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,854,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
This is of course where Benicar provides a bunch of seemingly relevant links that don't disprove anything I've said, or prove that enough of them are leeching off the system to generalize a whole group.

This is probably the part where you start to reject PEW citations even though you've been using them this whole time.

OK. So approx. 3.8 million of all the illegals have a kid. Should we use the 10.8ish million or 30 million guesstimates on illegal population to figure the percentages?

10.8 million - 35.18%
30 million - 12.67%

Immigration from Mexico to the U.S. tends to go up and down in tandem with the health of the economy.
Your aversion to facts that do not support your agenda is duly noted. Furthermore, nothing you posted refutes my info. In fact, it’s irrelevant. Now, if my data is wrong, please provide data to disprove it. As for citing articles from Pew or any other source, I can only reference available sources. Unfortunately, they are limited. I welcome your list of more credible sources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
At least he provides links to validate what he is saying unlike you who provides nothing but allegations, never validating anything.
Thank you. BTW, I’m a she.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:47 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,008,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Oh, but it would. If they are made to pay for their non-emergency “emergency” treatment, they will think twice before entering an ER. Stop the freebies.
...they would still get emergency care.

Cite the whole non-emergency ER care thing, please.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
...they would still get emergency care.

Cite the whole non-emergency ER care thing, please.
Once they have been triaged, and it is determined that it is not an emergency, they should be referred to a private physician. I have friends working in ERs at major hospitals in DC, and they are SICK, SICK, SICK of the abuse by illegals.

Quote:
Roughly half of the 12 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. don't have health insurance, according to the Pew Hispanic Center, a nonpartisan research group. Like others who can't afford medical care, illegal immigrants tend to flock to hospital emergency rooms, which, under a 1986 law, can't turn people away, even if they can't pay. Emergency-room visits, where treatment costs are much higher than in clinics, jumped 32% nationally between 1996 and 2006, the latest data available.

Sutter Solano Medical Center Chief Executive Terry Glubka wasn't looking to enter the immigration debate when she started lobbying for a clinic in 2006. She was trying to balance her hospital's budget. Between 2000 and 2006, Solano County saw a 13.1% increase in total emergency-room visits, more than twice the state average. Nearly 80% of the visits weren't urgent.
Illegal Immigration Enters the Health-Care Debate - WSJ.com

Quote:
With nothing being done to correct its situation with dialysis patients, UMC officials say taxpayers can expect to pay more to wait longer for their own emergency services. Nearly every day, about eight illegal immigrants show up at the UMC emergency room hoping to receive dialysis care, hospital officials say.

"The cost to our taxpayers is astronomical," said Lawrence Weekly, the Clark County commissioner who also serves as chairman of the UMC board of hospital trustees. "Many people are justifiably outraged. If this kind of thing goes on, we might have to close our doors. But we're governed by federal law on this issue so some way the federal government has to help us out. We just can't stand by and let people die in the streets. We wouldn't want that on our conscience."
More illegal immigrants getting emergency treatment at UMC - News - ReviewJournal.com

Quote:
A study commissioned by border counties in Texas, California, Arizona, and New Mexico found that about 25 percent of the uncompensated costs incurred by Southwestern border-county hospitals in 2000 resulted from medical treatment provided to undocumented immigrants without health insurance. The study attributes higher reported levels of uncompensated hospital care in border versus non-border counties to undocumented immigrants seeking emergency medical care.[25] The study also reports that in 2000, emergency health care to undocumented immigrants cost border-area hospitals $79 million in California; $74 million in Texas; $31 million in Arizona; and $6 million in New Mexico.[26]
Quote:
All too often, the uninsured use the emergency room as their primary health care provider, at roughly three times the cost of comparable clinic care. A Houston study stated that about half the time, the uninsured use the emergency room for non-emergency conditions.
The Uninsured: A Hidden Burden on Texas Employers and Communities

Old 08-12-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Give it a %. What do you think the likelihood is that this will go fully and completely toward care for illegal immigrants?
I believe at least 90% will be illegal aliens.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:15 PM

1,574 posts, read 793,060 times
Quote:
Once they have been triaged, and it is determined that it is not an emergency, they should be referred to a private physician. I have friends working in ERs at major hospitals in DC, and they are SICK, SICK, SICK of the abuse by illegals.

Illegal Immigration Enters the Health-Care Debate - WSJ.com

More illegal immigrants getting emergency treatment at UMC - News - ReviewJournal.com

The Uninsured: A Hidden Burden on Texas Employers and Communities
How do your friends know which people are illegals and which are just uninsured americans?

Are they sick of uninsured americans abusing the system or just the illegals?

Old 08-12-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
How do your friends know which people are illegals and which are just uninsured americans?

Are they sick of uninsured americans abusing the system or just the illegals?
Oh, please. They enter the ER with no ID, don’t “know” their SSN, and are unable to even speak the most rudimentary levels of English, thus requiring interpreters. They do this on a regular basis, and NEVER pay. It isn’t rocket science. And yes, doctors and nurses are fed up.

Regarding uninsured citizens -- they are OURS, and we have a moral obligation to care for our uninsured, many whom work full-time jobs, yet still cannot afford the high cost of insurance unless their employer is willing to pay a portion, which many do not.

True to form, you MUST mention U.S. citizens. Again, IRRELEVANT.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:26 PM

951 posts, read 618,471 times
Quote:
Your aversion to facts that do not support your agenda is duly noted. Furthermore, nothing you posted refutes my info. In fact, it’s irrelevant. Now, if my data is wrong, please provide data to disprove it. As for citing articles from Pew or any other source, I can only reference available sources. Unfortunately, they are limited. I welcome your list of more credible sources.

Ummmmmm......I don't need to refute any of those links. They don't disprove my claim that only approx. 30% of illegal immigrants have children. You know, the claim I made, that you bolded and called BS, and then posted a bunch of links supposedly proving that 30% claim false somehow which ended up not proving my claim to be BS at all.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:32 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,008,409 times
Quote:

Regarding uninsured citizens -- they are OURS, and we have a moral obligation to care for our uninsured, many whom work full-time jobs, yet still cannot afford the high cost of insurance unless their employer is willing to pay a portion, which many do not.
And this is really the crux of it. You believe that the morality of caring for another human being changes based on where the are from. We do not.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Ummmmmm......I don't need to refute any of those links. They don't disprove my claim that only approx. 30% of illegal immigrants have children. You know, the claim I made, that you bolded and called BS, and then posted a bunch of links supposedly proving that 30% claim false somehow which ended up not proving my claim to be BS at all.
Hmm. . . I don’t recall seeing any data on the alleged 30%. And, even if true, it doesn’t change the fact that at least 57% of ALL illegal alien households are receiving some form of public assistance. Nor does it change the fact that they are giving birth at unprecedented rates. Like it, or not, they are indeed a parasitic scourge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or