U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-12-2011, 04:15 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,793 times
Reputation: 89

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Perhaps YOU need to re-read your quote. It states “AT LEAST one child who is a CITIZEN.” So, how on earth can you determine the number of children by the qualifier AT LEAST? And, that doesn’t even include the children they brought to this country illegally. Try again.

lol. I wasn't determining the number of children. I stated that approximately 1/3 of illegal immigrants have kids. Notice the plural. I never claimed they only had 1 kid or whatever your crying about. Anyway, that leaves approx. 2/3 without kids that are working and not getting "anchor baby luxuries".

Who cares if they have children brought in illegally. That's irrelevant to the discussion since they aren't citizens and don't receive welfare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-12-2011, 04:18 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
lol. I wasn't determining the number of children. I stated that approximately 1/3 of illegal immigrants have kids. Notice the plural. I never claimed they only had 1 kid or whatever your crying about. Anyway, that leaves approx. 2/3 without kids that are working and not getting "anchor baby luxuries".

Who cares if they have children brought in illegally. That's irrelevant to the discussion since they aren't citizens and don't receive welfare.
And, the 1/3 is 1/3 of what number of millions?

And, the fact that they don’t have US-born kids means nothing. Have you ever heard of fraud? They love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2011, 04:21 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
84,966 posts, read 98,814,535 times
Reputation: 31376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Oh, but it would. If they are made to pay for their non-emergency “emergency” treatment, they will think twice before entering an ER. Stop the freebies.
Yes, then they'll die. Will that make the conservatives happy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2011, 04:21 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 789,250 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They have no concern for citizens. They only care about their beloved illegals. And that’s only for profit.
You say that as if US workers don't profit from suppressing competition in the labor market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2011, 04:22 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,793 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And, the 1/3 is 1/3 of what number of millions?

And, the fact that they don’t have US-born kids means nothing. Have you ever heard of fraud? They love it.
Jesus I've only posted it twice now itt. You even quoted it.

PEW's estimate of 10.8 million - 35.18%
Benicar's fantasy land estimate of 30 million - 12.67%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2011, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, then they'll die. Will that make the conservatives happy?
No, then they’ll seek medical care from a doctor, or they are free to return home. As for the “conservatives” -- you’ll have to ask one. Do you think liberals and moderates are all pro-illegal? If so, think again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2011, 04:26 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Jesus I've only posted it twice now itt. You even quoted it.

PEW's estimate of 10.8 million - 35.18%
Benicar's fantasy land estimate of 30 million - 12.67%
Question: If the number of illegals is a guesstimate, how is the percentage of those with children not also a guesstimate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2011, 04:28 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, then they'll die. Will that make the conservatives happy?
They will die from not getting care in the ER for non-emergencies? Since when is this a conservative issue anyway? Any sane American doesn't want their taxes covering foreigners here on our soil illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2011, 04:30 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
You say that as if US workers don't profit from suppressing competition in the labor market.
Again with the U.S. citizens comparison. Is that all you have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2011, 04:33 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Again with the U.S. citizens comparison. Is that all you have?
Um, I'm pretty sure when you say "they do it for profit!" as if it has massive negative connotations, it might be worth pointing out that most of your arguments relate to profits for citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top