U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 04:36 PM

951 posts, read 616,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Question: If the number of illegals is a guesstimate, how is the percentage of those with children not also a guesstimate?

Wait. Now, every single link you provided itt earlier was from a PEW Study which was using these SAME EXACT ESTIMATES to determine those quotes you rattled off. You have no problem using their estimates when you think they support your side but now of course you question their accuracy. ROFL. I don't know how you can lie to yourself like this, let alone other people.

Also, I called it. It just took 4 pages for you to understand the argument before you could reject your own sources once again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post

This is probably the part where you start to reject PEW citations even though you've been using them this whole time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 04:37 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
They will die from not getting care in the ER for non-emergencies? Since when is this a conservative issue anyway? Any sane American doesn't want their taxes covering foreigners here on our soil illegally.
The number of posters who actually believe we should sacrifice our own for the sake of people who are here illegally is absolutely astonishing. We canít provide for our own uninsured citizens. Yet, we should use our scant resources to treat illegal aliens. Why donít their countries have a moral obligation?

Old 08-12-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Um, I'm pretty sure when you say "they do it for profit!" as if it has massive negative connotations, it might be worth pointing out that most of your arguments relate to profits for citizens.
As long as the profits are obtained through legal means, I have no problem.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:43 PM

84,960 posts, read 98,795,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
They will die from not getting care in the ER for non-emergencies? Since when is this a conservative issue anyway? Any sane American doesn't want their taxes covering foreigners here on our soil illegally.
Who is to decide what is an emergency and what isn't? I can tell you for certain, the first time an "illegal" dies from being turned down at an ER, there'll be hell to pay!

That's not the topic of the thread, anyway. The topic is the community health centers, which were first funded in 1962, in the Kennedy adminstration, for migrant workers. These migrant health centers can cut down on the number of ER visits.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Wait. Now, every single link you provided itt earlier was from a PEW Study which was using these SAME EXACT ESTIMATES to determine those quotes you rattled off. You have no problem using their estimates when you think they support your side but now of course you question their accuracy. ROFL. I don't know how you can lie to yourself like this, let alone other people.

Also, I called it. It just took 4 pages for you to understand the argument before you could reject your own sources once again:
Again, there are limited sources. And, NONE of the sources have accurate data. Illegal immigration is a guesstimate by ALL. So, we neither know the number of illegals in this country, the number of children they have, or the total cost to taxpayers for their illegal presence. It’s pointless to argue over inaccurate data.

However, we DO know there are millions here. And, we DO know they are receiving “free” medical care, “free” organ transplants, “free” kidney dialysis, “free” housing, “free” education, “free” WIC, “free” pre/postnatal care, the list goes on. . .

They have no right to be here; and as a citizen, I have every right to expect my government to uphold the law, and rid our country of this unnecessary burden.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:52 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,007 times
Benicar: "Check out these sources supporting my side!"
huddled: "[explains what the source actually says]"
Benicar: "THIS DATA IS UNRELIABLE, MY CONCERNS ABOUT METHODOLOGY ARE SUDDENLY RELEVANT"

Old 08-12-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Who is to decide what is an emergency and what isn't? I can tell you for certain, the first time an "illegal" dies from being turned down at an ER, there'll be hell to pay!

That's not the topic of the thread, anyway. The topic is the community health centers, which were first funded in 1962, in the Kennedy adminstration, for migrant workers. These migrant health centers can cut down on the number of ER visits.
The doctors and nurses are more than capable of determining a non-emergency from an emergency. Should we allow even more hospital closures due to illegal immigration? What about our citizens? Is it okay to allow them to die because illegal aliens have overwhelmed our ERs?

I donít remember who started this ER discussion. But, youíre right. It is not the topic of this thread.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Benicar: "Check out these sources supporting my side!"
huddled: "[explains what the source actually says]"
Benicar: "THIS DATA IS UNRELIABLE, MY CONCERNS ABOUT METHODOLOGY ARE SUDDENLY RELEVANT"
I really donít know how many times I must repeat the same thing. Did I, or did I not, tell him that sources are limited? In addition, did I not request that he provide more credible sources, given that everything I post is criticized? Either offer something better, or accept/reject what is posted. I certainly donít care.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:08 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Quote:
lol, it's weird how many times I have to tell you that no one I know uses illegal labor.
Personally, I don't even know ANY illegal aliens...

That's not twisting words or a strange definition...

I literally don't know anyone in the United States without immigration status...

Old 08-12-2011, 05:33 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Obviously the medical staff on duty at the ER's would make that determination. Again, if it is a non-emergency how is the illegal going to die from it? I have no problem with anyone being treated in a life-threating situation regardless of their status in this country.

You asked the question or made the point and I responded but now it's off topic? As long as any of our taxes go to treating illegal aliens for non-emergency care, I oppose it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or