Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 05:39 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Obviously the medical staff on duty at the ER's would make that determination. Again, if it is a non-emergency how is the illegal going to die from it? I have no problem with anyone being treated in a life-threating situation regardless of their status in this country.

You asked the question or made the point and I responded but now it's off topic? As long as any of our taxes go to treating illegal aliens for non-emergency care, I oppose it.
Actually, someone started this ER stuff a while back; I did a search. It's easy to get off topic on CD; I've done it many times.

The topic is community health centers. There are a couple of other threads about this very issue as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2011, 05:46 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Actually, someone started this ER stuff a while back; I did a search. It's easy to get off topic on CD; I've done it many times.

The topic is community health centers. There are a couple of other threads about this very issue as well.
No, actually the topic is "Obamacare Does Cover Illegal Aliens"

Old 08-12-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
No, actually the topic is "Obamacare Does Cover Illegal Aliens"
Well, that is incorrect. The community health centers are not part of Obamacare.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Well, that is incorrect. The community health centers are not part of Obamacare.
Go back and read the opening post.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Go back and read the opening post.
I did you one better than that. I actually read the link in the post. I also looked up a less biased source.

U.S. grants $28.8 million to community health centers | Reuters

So part of the money does come from the health care overhaul, and the rest from general appropriations. However, all it says about "illegals" is that health care workers do not have to inquire about their patients' immigration status.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:39 PM

Quote:
I did you one better than that. I actually read the link in the post. I also looked up a less biased source.

U.S. grants $28.8 million to community health centers | Reuters

So part of the money does come from the health care overhaul, and the rest from general appropriations. However, all it says about "illegals" is that health care workers do not have to inquire about their patients' immigration status.
Thanks for proving my point and the validity of the topic/title.

Old 08-13-2011, 01:24 AM

951 posts, read 745,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I really don’t know how many times I must repeat the same thing. Did I, or did I not, tell him that sources are limited? In addition, did I not request that he provide more credible sources, given that everything I post is criticized? Either offer something better, or accept/reject what is posted. I certainly don’t care.

LOL I have no problem with your PEW sources. They are fine. The problem is that you are fine with your own sources until I provide information contradictory to your agenda FROM THE SAME SOURCES. Then, those same sources you stood behind are all of a sudden suspect. In other words, you are a fraud.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:23 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Question: If the number of illegals is a guesstimate, how is the percentage of those with children not also a guesstimate?
Most have children both here and at home. After all they came here in the first place so they can feed their families -- those children they chose to have but could not support back home and because they chose to have them at very young ages and before they could finish school. And they cannot leave because they have children here -- in spite of the much higher cost of living.

Yes they have larger families than Americans - but lower skills and education levels. Yes, they expect to continue receiving free health care and much much more. The birth rates of illegals is much higher than those of middle class Americans, in spite of the fact they cannot afford high health care costs here.

Old 08-13-2011, 08:28 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,603 times
High health care costs? You just said it was free. Can someone explain this whole "illegals getting tons of free health care" thing?

Old 08-13-2011, 08:33 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
High health care costs? You just said it was free. Can someone explain this whole "illegals getting tons of free health care" thing?
It's free for them because they don't choose to buy costly health insurance plans and pay high premiums and co-pays and deductibles or even pay a doctor's office visit.

Health care in the USA costs much much MUCH more than health care back in the countries most illegals are from. The last thing most of them do upon making it over the border illegally is head to a health insurance agency to buy themselves an insurance policy.

Why? Because they know they will be given their health care free, never even sent the hospital bill -- or they know it might be sent but to that fake address they provided.

Obama and his administration obviously know this also which is why they spared the illegals from the costs of Obamacare. They exempted the illegals from the mandatory pay-in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration