Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2007, 08:03 AM

452 posts, read 1,132,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Betrayal of the mother of two - who both were killed by the drunken actions of an illegal alien named Pastor Rios Sanchez (pictured) - compounds the tragedy of her children’s untimely deaths. If citizens cannot turn to district attorneys and other government officials for justice, in what kind of country do we live?

Illegal Alien Killer of Three American Children to Be Offered Plea Deal
By The Editors

In one of the more despicable acts committed in this Washington, DC-sanctioned illegal alien disaster that plagues our country and all law-abiding citizens within it, today in Sanford, North Carolina, an illegal alien named Pastor Rios Sanchez, killer of three American children, will be offered an opportunity to walk away from the responsibility he bears for this dreadful and tragic crime.

Lee County Assistant District Attorney Mike Beam, in a shameful and disgusting act that will be repudiated by all decent Americans, plans to offer Rios a chance to plead guilty to three counts of mere involuntary manslaughter and face only 16 to 20 months in prison for each count.

Reporting on the incident, Gordon Anderson of the Sanford Herald in Sanford, North Carolina, had this to say:

The news has Dannon Forbes of Columbia, S.C., fuming. Forbes is the mother of 16*year-old Ben Leonard and 22*year-old Megan Hughes, both of whom were killed on Oct. 27 when Rios, 55, slammed head-on into their vehicle on Avent’s Ferry Road. Jennifer Carter, 18, a friend from Jacksonville of the other two victims, also died in the accident.

Forbes said she hopes the presiding judge will reject the plea deal. “All I know is that I have to keep fighting this,” she said. “The D.A.’s office was supposed to be defending my kids, and it looks like they won’t.”

State troopers said at the time of the accident that Rios was drunk and in the United States illegally. Originally, he was also charged with several traffic violations including driving while impaired. Those charges will reportedly be dropped under the plea arrangement, Forbes said. For any sentence Rios receives, he’ll be given credit for the 10 months he’s served since his October arrest.
Family Security Matters (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 10:24 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Unbelievable. Seriously unbelievable. The world has gone mad.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:48 AM

764 posts, read 1,456,960 times
Now there's an ADA who should be driving a cab--in India--for a living. Attorneys in any court system who use this type of crime for the application of a plea-bargain should suffer some sort of punishment for horribly poor judgment. This is outrageous.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:29 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
They got more rights then the Americans - I do not condone any of these crimes, even if it's a US Citizen - It just seems these illegals get slapped ont he hand and release back into OUR society........

Old 08-14-2007, 04:20 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,784,322 times
I am shocked, just shocked. I can't even imagine how that poor mother must feel knowing that the illegal alien criminal who murdered her children might get just a slap on the wrist what the horrendous crimes he committed.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:05 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,994 times
This guy should rot in jail for the rest of his life, and the pro-illegal alien lobby should be thrown into the cell block right next to him.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:17 PM

543 posts, read 1,228,103 times
I think if that were me in this mothers position, I would become a gun toting fanatic! What the hell is our country doing to us?

Old 08-29-2007, 06:56 PM

1 posts, read 2,691 times
Default Best Friend

I am the best friend of Jennifer Elaine Carter, one of the people, Mr. Sanchez killed on Friday, October 27, 2006. It outrages and disgusts me at the sentence given to him. The punishment does not fit the crime. That night my best friend was taken away from this world and the District Attorney and the Defense Attorney of the case seem to have little respect for the lives that were ruined by Mr. Sanchez. He not only ruined the life of the three people killed, but he also ruined the lives of their family and their friends. I do hope that the DA reconsiders this plea because any decent human-being would see that it is not fair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration