Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 04:07 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You are completely twisting her words. Sad.

He's good at that, gotta give credit where credit is due. Wonder what organizations pay for those skills.

I haven't seen any ads out from those racist T-partiers.

Last edited by Isitmeorarethingsnuts?; 08-15-2011 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: Add

Old 08-15-2011, 04:13 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
As I already said, "they have to actually break a law first" is wrong.
No, it is NOT wrong. A person must first violate a law. Then police may stop, question, and ask for ID. If the person is unable to produce ID, then, and ONLY then, may they inquire about immigration status.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:14 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,018,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You are completely twisting her words. Sad.
How so?

Old 08-15-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Geez, a traffic violation is against the law where I come from. Which states don't have traffic laws? When I was in MEXICO I saw people pulled over all the time. I guess it was because they looked Hispanic.
A traffic violation is "against the law". I agree with that.

But "you have to break a law first" is still wrong.

Hint: getting pulled over is not evidence that you have actually broken the law. Do you think that if I get pulled over, then later get the ticket thrown out, dismissed, or otherwise taken care of without pleading guilty to the offense that the police officer gets sanctioned or reprimanded for pulling me over despite the fact that I didn't actually break the law?

Old 08-15-2011, 04:20 PM

Quote:
A traffic violation is "against the law". I agree with that.

But "you have to break a law first" is still wrong.

Hint: getting pulled over is not evidence that you have actually broken the law. Do you think that if I get pulled over, then later get the ticket thrown out, dismissed, or otherwise taken care of without pleading guilty to the offense that the police officer gets sanctioned or reprimanded for pulling me over despite the fact that I didn't actually break the law?

Then you have the option of challenging the conviction in court just like anyone else, right?

Old 08-15-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Then you have the option of challenging the conviction in court just like anyone else, right?
lol, no.

When do you think someone is "convicted" of a traffic violation, exactly?

Hint: it's not when you get the ticket.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
lol, no.

When do you think someone is "convicted" of a traffic violation, exactly?

Hint: it's not when you get the ticket.

HUH?????

If you sign off on the ticket you admit guilt and pay the fine. Otherwise you go to court at the time stated on the ticket and either the violation sticks or is dropped.

Can you please show me how you think it happens?

Old 08-15-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
HUH?????

If you sign off on the ticket you admit guilt and pay the fine. Otherwise you go to court at the time stated on the ticket and either the violation sticks or is dropped.

Can you please show me how you think it happens?
No, that isn't what happens at all. Singing the ticket is not an admission of guilt. Paying the ticket is. When you go to court you're not contesting a conviction.

This is not semantical nitpicking, this is pretty basic stuff.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
no, that isn't what happens at all. singing the ticket is not an admission of guilt. paying the ticket is. When you go to court you're not contesting a conviction.

This is not semantical nitpicking, this is pretty basic stuff.

link!!!!

Old 08-15-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
link!!!!
Is signing the ticket an admission of guilt?

Quote:
Is signing the ticket an admission of guilt?
No, it's just your acknowledgment of receipt of the notice to appear.
If that source isn't good enough for you, you can google and find literally thousands more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration