Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 10:44 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Again, it doesn't matter, since we're talking about Chicagonut in particular and not any specific law.

As for the particular law YOU'RE talking about, yes, we've discussed it literally thousands of times in this forum. The fact that it isn't specifically worded to single out any one ethnic group doesn't really say anything about how it would be implemented in practice (cf. grandfather clauses) and it's still a poorly defined law since many people who are legal in the US are not legally required to carry papers with them at all times. For example, I am a US citizen and I am not legally required to carry any proof with me of that fact.
Interesting, it doesn't matter if Chicagonut is right, you argue with her anyway? That does clear some things up about you.

Well, if you come to my state, you better have ID.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:47 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,018,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Interesting, it doesn't matter if Chicagonut is right, you argue with her anyway? That does clear some things up about you.
When she spouts racist stuff and then claims not to be racist, yes, I'm going to point it out.

Quote:
Well, if you come to my state, you better have ID.
Really? Which state do you own? I will avoid it for sure.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:27 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,889 times
Quote:
When she spouts racist stuff and then claims not to be racist, yes, I'm going to point it out.

Really? Which state do you own? I will avoid it for sure.

Case in point?

I'll add one more. Most of their talking points are exaggerated to the extreme!!!

And another. Their whole argument is based on putting a human face on the issue, yet if someone puts a human face on the costs to citizens they are outraged.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:30 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,220,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
* Make you look like a thief: "We are the indigenous people of America. We were here first and you stole this land from us.. Now go back to where you came from!"
This is the one that really sets me off, the "Reconquista" bunch. Among other things, this crowd is woefully ignorant about history and only parrot what has been force fed into them. As a history buff, can only shake my head in disgust at the ignorance 99% of them exhibit as to the exploration and colonization of the Southwest and California by the Spanish and later Mexico. Way too much for any single post, but just two brief examples of their errors are California and Texas. They claim California is theirs but omit that only the coastal plains areas up to a few miles inland were occupied, and even these only lightly by the missions, soldiers, and a few settlers. After the secularzation of the missions California was considered only to be a far away province of little importance, and was largely ignored by the government in Mexico City. It was Americans that settled and developed California, not Mexicans. Now they claims that all of it is theirs? They want Texas? Permanent Spanish settlement never went north or west of San Antonio. Why not? Ask them what, where, and whom Comancheria was and you will only get blank looks. Same thing if you ask them if they know about how the other powerful warrior tribes kept Spanish and Mexican expansion in check. Then we get to American settlement of Texas, the Texas Republic, Mexican invasions of Texas, and finally, the Mexican War of 1846-1848 itself, and more ignorance piles up. Belongs to them my behind, we settled and civilized it, not them, and they strongly need to be reminded of it.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Case in point?

I'll add one more. Most of their talking points are exaggerated to the extreme!!!
Case in point what?

Quote:
And another. Their whole argument is based on putting a human face on the issue, yet if someone puts a human face on the costs to citizens they are outraged.
Sorry, but my argument is not based on putting a human face on the issue. And I'm not outraged that you put a human face on the costs to citizens. I'm just pointing out that there's all this righteous indignation and it's all hypocritical.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:52 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Apparently. That is also clear.

If you knew anything about the law, you would know that it applies to people who have been stopped for violations before the ID check. But, then You never bothered to check what the law was in the first place.
I'd like to know where these so-called random checks are just to check for "papers" only and that it is only Hispanics that supposedly get checked. I know of sobriety checkpoints but it is to catch drunk drivers regardless of their ethnicity.

Regardless, if you are here legally you will have your "papers" aka a valid DL when asked by LE during a lawful contact for a traffic violation and then there is no problem.

Oh, they know that sb1070 and other similar laws that have been implemented by other states forbid racial profiliing and therefore everyone committing a traffic infraction will be stopped not just Hispanics but that doesn't stop them from continuing to spout their lies of racial profiling anyway. Their agenda to protect illegal aliens from detection is very transparent.

If you don't want to be inconvienced then carry I.D. with you at all times whether it be required or not. It only makes sense. You could have an accident just walking down the street. How would anyone be able to identity you and inform your loved ones without I.D. on you?

Last edited by chicagonut; 08-15-2011 at 12:02 PM..

Old 08-15-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I'd like to know where these so-called random checks are just to check for "papers" only and that it is only Hispanics that supposedly get checked. I know of sobriety checkpoints but it is to catch drunk drivers regardless of their ethnicity.
Well, it was YOU who complained that you weren't able to "make laws" demanding papers from hispanics without being accused of racial profiling.

What do you think racial profiling is?

Quote:
Regardless, if you are here legally you will have your "papers" aka a valid I.D. and or DL when asked by LE and then there is no problem.
That might be true, but as I already noted, citizens are not legally required to carry documentation with them.

Quote:
If you don't want to be inconvienced then carry I.D. with you at all times whether it be required or not. It only makes sense. You could have an accident just walking down the street. How would anyone be able to identity you and inform your loved ones without I.D. on you?
Right, if you don't want to get mugged, just stay home, right? You only have yourself to blame.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:16 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Quote:
Well, it was YOU who complained that you weren't able to "make laws" demanding papers from hispanics without being accused of racial profiling.

What do you think racial profiling is?

That might be true, but as I already noted, citizens are not legally required to carry documentation with them.

Right, if you don't want to get mugged, just stay home, right? You only have yourself to blame.
They profiled themselves when they became the majority of illegal invaders.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:30 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
They profiled themselves when they became the majority of illegal invaders.
Notice the spin and lies on my words again? No other group in this country is complaining of racial profiling when stopped during lawful contact such as a traffic violation other than Hispanics. The truth is that we are ALL stopped for traffic violations and asked for I.D. and none of the rest of us are screaming racial profilng over it.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:54 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Notice the spin and lies on my words again? No other group in this country is complaining of racial profiling when stopped during lawful contact such as a traffic violation other than Hispanics. The truth is that we are ALL stopped for traffic violations and asked for I.D. and none of the rest of us are screaming racial profilng over it.
When you are pulled over by police, the first thing they ask is ID and registration. Every time.

BTW, I voted for Mario Rubio for Senator. Am I still a racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration