Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 03:09 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I think you have lost it.

No babies speak a language yet.

I am talking about Speaking Americans. Which you knew already
OK, so you admit you were wrong when you said you can't be a citizens unless you speak english or you're old and have a pardon.

Now, if I teach my kids spanish do I have to get a pardon from the government?

Old 08-15-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
For real?

I didn't realize our educational system had sunk to such levels!

A traffic violation perhaps?
Innocent until proven guilty applies even to traffic violations. For real.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:12 PM

951 posts, read 745,471 times
Quote:
You really have a reading problem. Or a crediblity issue.

Is it the SIGNED LEGISLATION? If it was rewritten it is no longer an issue, DUH!

herp a derp...is that from 5th grade?
Brewer signed it in April. They knew they had absolutely no chance at it passing the challenges so they changed it. AFAIK, it's still SB 1070, and not some other law, and Brewer didn't like re-sign the law or anything so you are arguing some dumb points here. The new law is bound to fail the multiple challenges presented as well.

I'm awaiting the explanation on how rewording a racist law targeting Hispanics to circumvent the wording of the constitution is somehow magically not targeting Hispanics now. This should be good.

This brings me to my next question. What exactly are reasons to reasonably suspect someone is an illegal immigrant after a legitimate detention? List some.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:18 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Innocent until proven guilty applies even to traffic violations. For real.

So whats your point?

Old 08-15-2011, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Brewer signed it in April. They knew they had absolutely no chance at it passing the challenges so they changed it. AFAIK, it's still SB 1070, and not some other law, and Brewer didn't like re-sign the law or anything so you are arguing some dumb points here. The new law is bound to fail the multiple challenges presented as well.

I'm awaiting the explanation on how rewording a racist law targeting Hispanics to circumvent the wording of the constitution is somehow magically not targeting Hispanics now. This should be good.

This brings me to my next question. What exactly are reasons to reasonably suspect someone is an illegal immigrant after a legitimate detention? List some.

Please read the bold. Do I need to enlarge it for you?

Please link to where Hispanics are exclusivly mentioned in this law. Please bold them for me so I won't miss it. Bills are rewritten all the time, ask Pelosi "we won't know what's in til we sign it".

Driving with no DL or insurance.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:37 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:

Please link to where Hispanics are exclusivly mentioned in this law. Please bold them for me so I won't miss it. Bills are rewritten all the time, ask Pelosi "we won't know what's in til we sign it".

They are good at questions, answers, not so much.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:42 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:

I'd like to know that as well. Where in the original law before revision did it target Hispanics specifically? Where does it do it in the revised version?

The reason the law was revised is for better clarity. As usual ethnocentric Hispanics and other far left groups challenged the original version screaming racial profiling even though racial profilng was prohibited in both versions.

The original version had the same rules that the revised one had, first lawful contact and then afterwards reasonable suspicion could arise if no I.D. could be produced. It just wasn't as clear about it as the revised version. Now that it has been revised for clarity the pro-illegals are still screaming.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
So whats your point?
As I already said, "they have to actually break a law first" is wrong.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:03 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
No, it was actually based on what she actually said.

Here's what she ACTUALLY SAID:

She doesn't mention a specific law here, so I didn't assume she was talking about a specific law. I guess I should have JUMPED TO A CONCLUSION???

From what she ACTUALLY WROTE, I would argue YES, demanding documentation from Hispanics is racial profiling. I don't see how this is even controversial. She is the one that chose to word it the way she did.

Wait, where did she mention SB1070? Oh that's right, AFTER I said the things you're all bent out of shape over.

Keep grasping at those straws.

Here's let's just cut to the chase.

Is that racial profiling in your opinion? Why or why not?
You are completely twisting her words. Sad.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
As I already said, "they have to actually break a law first" is wrong.

Geez, a traffic violation is against the law where I come from. Which states don't have traffic laws? When I was in MEXICO I saw people pulled over all the time. I guess it was because they looked Hispanic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration