U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-16-2011, 12:12 AM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,385,544 times
Reputation: 1544

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
True! There's an easy solution to this problem!

Yes there is. Find a job in your own country.

 
Old 08-16-2011, 12:25 AM
 
Location: bold new city of the south
5,200 posts, read 4,112,644 times
Reputation: 6157
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
We dont need those people. To many Americans cant find jobs an to many employers are crooks and dont wanna pay legal wages.
No we don't. They start breaking the law, then we have to start paying for them.
 
Old 08-16-2011, 02:09 AM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,775,510 times
Reputation: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
True! There's an easy solution to this problem!
Ok, this might open a bag of worms, but, what is your
solution ? It's a complicated problem, but, I am intrested in your ideas. So, lets hear it.
 
Old 08-16-2011, 02:19 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,304,644 times
Reputation: 6451
Something should have been done about a solution to this problem long before now. Where we lost control of the situation, therefore now making it harder then ever to solve this problem.

I will never understand these people do have a beef, why do they not take it up with their own Country, and try to solve the problem of poverty, jobs, and the gang drug violence.
How can we even talk about a solution when our President seems to give them free passes! In all honesty things should have never gotten to the point where they are now out of control. We need a President who is tough on immigration, or else, we are part of the problem. and not for a solution. We need someone tough not soft, we already know where Obama stands, and i for one do not like it.
 
Old 08-16-2011, 03:08 AM
 
951 posts, read 617,247 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post


We don't have enough jobs for the AMERICANS who are already here. We don't need to import uneducated peasants.

Well, there are 12k+ jobs in GA available that disagree with you right this moment. I mean, it's cute that you play the whole "protect the American's jobs" bit but you are just straight up wrong! Americans don't ****ing want these jobs. The judges are making criminals do these jobs in GA right now and even they are walking out in ~30 minutes or less....and these are COURT ORDERED JOBS!! GA is going to lose approximately $1 billion this season alone. Those "peasants" (I'm sure you meant no disrespect) would be absolute miracles to those GA farmers right now and you are here making them out to be peasants that are of no value to the world.......ROFL.

Last edited by huddledmasses; 08-16-2011 at 03:24 AM..
 
Old 08-16-2011, 07:53 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 790,233 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Ok, this might open a bag of worms, but, what is your
solution ? It's a complicated problem, but, I am intrested in your ideas. So, lets hear it.
Make it much, much easier for people to enter legally so they don't have to turn to actual criminals to get into the country.
 
Old 08-16-2011, 08:07 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,104,934 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Make it much, much easier for people to enter legally so they don't have to turn to actual criminals to get into the country.
How should we make it easier?
 
Old 08-16-2011, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,824,744 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Make it much, much easier for people to enter legally so they don't have to turn to actual criminals to get into the country.
Criminals turning to criminals. Iím shocked! There is no logical reason for us to lower our standards. They donít qualify for visas, because we donít need more uneducated, low-skilled workers. Nor do we need more rapists, murderers, pedophiles, or drunk drivers. Moreover, our actual unemployment rate is closer to 20%, and rising. Yet, you believe we have an obligation to provide the underclass of Mexico and other countries an opportunity for a better life. After all, according to you, U.S. citizens arenít entitled to U.S. jobs.
 
Old 08-16-2011, 08:32 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 790,233 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Criminals turning to criminals. Iím shocked! There is no logical reason for us to lower our standards. They donít qualify for visas, because we donít need more uneducated, low-skilled workers. Nor do we need more rapists, murderers, pedophiles, or drunk drivers.
We don't need more of them, yet they manage to find jobs?

Also, if you want to keep the rapists, murderers, etc out, opening the border would help a lot. By keeping the border closed you ENCOURAGE the black market in border crossings. Just like when booze was illegal, and the booze industry was dominated by violent gangsters. Once booze was legalized, amazingly the violent thugs all disappeared from the booze market.

If the criminals running human trafficking are put out of business, the few bad immigrants will have a harder time entering.

Quote:
Moreover, our actual unemployment rate is closer to 20%, and rising. Yet, you believe we have an obligation to provide the underclass of Mexico and other countries an opportunity for a better life. After all, according to you, U.S. citizens arenít entitled to U.S. jobs.
If by "you believe we have an obligation" you mean I believe the united states has an obligation, you're wrong. Of course, I've said this countless times but you just ignore it and continue making stuff up because it's easier.

How can you seriously say that I believe US Citizens aren't entitled to jobs (they aren't) and at the same time say I believe the US has an obligation to provide for some underclass? Serious mental gymnastics there.
 
Old 08-16-2011, 09:07 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,824,744 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
We don't need more of them, yet they manage to find jobs?

Also, if you want to keep the rapists, murderers, etc out, opening the border would help a lot. By keeping the border closed you ENCOURAGE the black market in border crossings. Just like when booze was illegal, and the booze industry was dominated by violent gangsters. Once booze was legalized, amazingly the violent thugs all disappeared from the booze market.

If the criminals running human trafficking are put out of business, the few bad immigrants will have a harder time entering.



If by "you believe we have an obligation" you mean I believe the united states has an obligation, you're wrong. Of course, I've said this countless times but you just ignore it and continue making stuff up because it's easier.

How can you seriously say that I believe US Citizens aren't entitled to jobs (they aren't) and at the same time say I believe the US has an obligation to provide for some underclass? Serious mental gymnastics there.
They find jobs because many employers are greedy and unscrupulous. As for ďmental gymnastics,Ē yes, I agree, itís mind-boggling that you actually believe U.S. citizens are not entitled to jobs, yet illegal aliens should have a right to compete against U.S. citizens for jobs in the USA. How do you reconcile this?

Sorry, but easing our standards will not stop rapists, murderers, pedophiles, and drunk drivers from entering this country. After all, we wonít know most are such vile creatures until they actually commit their crimes. Gotta run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top