U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-16-2011, 10:54 AM
 
951 posts, read 617,247 times
Reputation: 89

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I find it hilarious that the pro-illegals keep using the crop picking argument when they have been told over and over that there are unlimited H-2A visas available to the farmers.

I'd like to hear them explain what the other 97% are doing on jobs that most Americans WOULD do. There were many raids on businesses across the country other than agricultural jobs and Americans lined up around the block for those jobs and I haven't heard of any mass exodus of Americans leaving those jobs after getting hired.

I don't care what the other 97% are doing. You claim that Americans will do ALL the jobs illegals are doing and you are flat out wrong as the situation in GA proves. We've discussed the issues with H-2A visas numerous times though you have everyone on ignore so you just keep stammering with the same gibberish.

 
Old 08-16-2011, 10:56 AM
 
951 posts, read 617,247 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
It's also interesting that it's implied that citizens that have been incarcerated and are serving out their probation for a crime they committed are somehow worse than people that are blatantly breaking laws and act as if they are the ones being wronged. I've always been taught that owning up to your mistakes, paying the price, and moving along in a positive direction is the way to atone for your past. From my POV, illegals haven't even gotten to the first step yet.
It's pretty damn hypocritical to say we should force actual criminals to go work for these farmers who should be able to hire who they want AND AT THE SAME TIME rip on them for hiring illegals who are "criminals" simply because they are trying to get to a job to work. These farmers would rather have migrant workers around their families than actual criminals. Does that mean anything to you?
 
Old 08-16-2011, 11:09 AM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,385,544 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
How so? If the border is open, then people are actually incentivized to go through the official channels where they can be screened. The black market for human traffic collapses. This isn't rocket science. When prohibition ended, gangsters weren't able to compete in the booze market. When Nevada started allowing corporations to get gaming licenses, the mob was not able to compete in the casino market.

Violent criminals are not able to compete against legitimate businesses. This is why gangs don't try to push cola, or ice cream, or cheeseburgers.

So you believe we should open the borders to everyone.

And how do you propose we will create enough jobs for people from all over the world that want to come here? If you have a great solution to the jobs problem we have right now I'm sure that there are numerous people that would be interested. How would that differentiate us from a third world country then when we have too many people, not enough jobs, and the country is broke from an overtaxed welfare system?

People from Mexico come here to get better pay, not because they can't find a job. If we open our doors our pay scale will drop to the level of Mexico's but our COA will be much higher. It's a race to the bottom from then on. Is that really what you want?

And as far as the screening process...yes Im sure the ones with shady pasts are going to jump right on board and go through that screening process just to be denied.

Have you ever heard anyone say that if you take all the guns away, the only ones left with guns are the criminals? That's because THEY are willing to work outside the boundaries of the law to operate. Same principle.


Do you think we should only do things we are obligated to?
I think it should be the CHOICE of those that pay taxes and keep our country functioning. The majority don't want to become a third world country. Mexico is the 12 highest economy in the world. Why don't you believe that THEY should compete to become better rather than us handing it to them by taking their poor?

Have you been following the news at all to see how much it costs to create one job in this country? Jobs are subsidized, so yes, the CITIZENS DO own them.
 
Old 08-16-2011, 11:35 AM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,385,544 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
It's pretty damn hypocritical to say we should force actual criminals to go work for these farmers who should be able to hire who they want AND AT THE SAME TIME rip on them for hiring illegals who are "criminals" simply because they are trying to get to a job to work. These farmers would rather have migrant workers around their families than actual criminals. Does that mean anything to you?

I'm waiting for your link. Then I'll respond.
 
Old 08-16-2011, 11:36 AM
 
951 posts, read 617,247 times
Reputation: 89
Hmmmm maybe read the links I provided and quoted from already?
 
Old 08-16-2011, 11:36 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 790,233 times
Reputation: 124
Isitmeorarethingsnuts?: Please learn how to reply to posts and quit putting your responses inside my quotes. It makes it impossible to reply to your posts.
 
Old 08-16-2011, 11:42 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 790,233 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Have you been following the news at all to see how much it costs to create one job in this country? Jobs are subsidized, so yes, the CITIZENS DO own them.
Wow, so if I go hire someone, I get a check from the government to subsidize that hire?
 
Old 08-16-2011, 11:49 AM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,385,544 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Isitmeorarethingsnuts?: Please learn how to reply to posts and quit putting your responses inside my quotes. It makes it impossible to reply to your posts.

How so? You've been doing it all along. What has changed?

Or maybe you can't reply because there is no logical way to support your opinion?
 
Old 08-16-2011, 11:50 AM
 
951 posts, read 617,247 times
Reputation: 89
wat
 
Old 08-16-2011, 11:54 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 790,233 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
How so? You've been doing it all along. What has changed?
Yes, I do it properly. You don't. The way you do it most of what you type gets dropped when people try to reply to your posts because you put it inside the QUOTE tags. Not only does the software drop that text, it makes it very difficult to read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top