U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-16-2011, 04:42 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,515 times
Reputation: 89

Advertisements

Lulz.

Benicar still can't show or link to where the U of NC study says illegals have a higher propensity for DUIs than legals.

Notice how she is fine with using the term immigrants to describe illegals all of a sudden since she thinks it somehow supports her claim. LOL.

Also, I find it pretty damn hilarious that she still can't comprehend that this sentence doesn't mean what she thinks it means:

Quote:
Whatever the reasons, the alarming number of drunken-driving fatalities involving Hispanic drivers, especially illegal immigrants, has outraged victims’ families and some of North Carolina's leaders.

 
Old 08-16-2011, 04:47 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,515 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
For you to sit there and deny the report didnít state EXACTLY what I posted, is a glaring indication that you are either blind, or intellectually dishonest.
Waiting for quote from study or link to study stating that illegals are more prone to DUIs than legals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And, we all know they conflate legal and illegal immigration, as well as include illegal aliens when discussing Hispanics. After all, according to you and others, illegal aliens are IMMIGRANTS. End of discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
In b4 goalpost shift.
 
Old 08-16-2011, 04:48 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,383,008 times
Reputation: 1544
Truth of the matter is, all the studies in the world aren't going to change the minds of all the citizens that witness this in their daily lives.
 
Old 08-16-2011, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Truth of the matter is, all the studies in the world aren't going to change the minds of all the citizens that witness this in their daily lives.
Youíre right. Nor will any study change the intransigent minds of those with an open borders agenda, and a thirst for cheap labor. Itís so sad, because as long as our government continues to kowtow to foreign invaders, lives will continue to be needlessly destroyed.
 
Old 08-16-2011, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Waiting for quote from study or link to study stating that illegals are more prone to DUIs than legals.
Waiting for a study or link stating that even less DUI's by illegals is acceptable. I mean seriously even 1 is too many. Its like saying not as many univited guests rob you as people claim. Who cares??? Even 1 doing it is 1 too many. The fact that citizens commit crimes in no way mitigates the crimes committed by illegals.
 
Old 08-16-2011, 05:05 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,515 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Waiting for a study or link stating that even less DUI's by illegals is acceptable. I mean seriously even 1 is too many. Its like saying not as many univited guests rob you as people claim. Who cares??? Even 1 doing it is 1 too many. The fact that citizens commit crimes in no way mitigates the crimes committed by illegals.

Yeah this is the even bigger goalpost shift. Benicar said illegals are bad because they have a higher propensity to drive drunk than the rest of the people here in America legally. She hasn't proven that yet despite crying and crying that she is right.

By using your logic, since there are actual legal immigrants that have gotten DUIs we shouldn't let any of them in either. 1 is too many!!! No more immigration!!
 
Old 08-16-2011, 05:12 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Yeah this is the even bigger goalpost shift. Benicar said illegals are bad because they have a higher propensity to drive drunk than the rest of the people here in America legally. She hasn't proven that yet despite crying and crying that she is right.

By using your logic, since there are actual legal immigrants that have gotten DUIs we shouldn't let any of them in either. 1 is too many!!! No more immigration!!
Not at all. Just as an invited guest may do wrong it was a person here by invitation. A calculated risk that didnt work out.
The illegal however has forced themself upon us. This is never acceptable to begin with.
But the idea that some feel that hey its only 1% or whatever so illegals over all are a good thing is a flawed logic. No all have forced themselves upon us and we had no control or decision space over them being here.
Not at all the same.
By the way nothing in any post I have ever written calls for 0 immigration. Simply higher standards and greater enforcment.
 
Old 08-16-2011, 05:22 PM
 
3,204 posts, read 2,383,008 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Youíre right. Nor will any study change the intransigent minds of those with an open borders agenda, and a thirst for cheap labor. Itís so sad, because as long as our government continues to kowtow to foreign invaders, lives will continue to be needlessly destroyed.

I agree.

Nothing in this pro illegal movement is about about being sympathetic to the plight of poor people of they'd have some concerns for the citizens who have lost their livlihood due to this travesty.
 
Old 08-16-2011, 06:01 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I agree.

Nothing in this pro illegal movement is about about being sympathetic to the plight of poor people of they'd have some concerns for the citizens who have lost their livlihood due to this travesty.
Thatís one of the most mind-boggling aspects of their movement. They claim to be so compassionate. Yet, they have no concern for their fellow citizens who have lost jobs and homes due to illegal immigration. But, I have to wonder how many are actually compassionate, as opposed to simply being greedy profiteers of illegals.
 
Old 08-16-2011, 06:12 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,007 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That’s one of the most mind-boggling aspects of their movement. They claim to be so compassionate. Yet, they have no concern for their fellow citizens who have lost jobs and homes due to illegal immigration. But, I have to wonder how many are actually compassionate, as opposed to simply being greedy profiteers of illegals.
I'm pretty sure we have constantly held the position that poor people everywhere should be granted the same rights and respect. You guys care more about citizens than noncitizens due to some sense of community that allows you to create a hierarchy of human value, and we do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top