U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 10:00 PM

47,576 posts, read 60,402,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Interesting new EEO issue, at work, no one can be dismissed based on LEP, Limited English Proficiency. It is a new protected class...Great...tell me that is not because of illegal aliens taking US jobs. I am tired of going places, and trying to have a conversation, with people who don't speak English. I was at a resturant the other day, could not even talk to the (hispanic) waiter, because he did not speak English, they sent out the black dishwasher to take our orders, because the waiter did not understand what I was saying.
I hope you gave the dishwasher a really good tip since he ended up having to do his job and the other guy's job.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:03 PM

47,576 posts, read 60,402,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You’re damn straight it is! And, this is just a small sampling.

More than half Iraq, Afghanistan vets treated for psychological problems

Many illegal immigrants live in public housing - USATODAY.com

Yet, an illegal can enter this country pregnant and IMMEDIATELY receive tax-funded prenatal care for her “future” U.S. citizen, tax-funded postnatal care, WIC, welfare, subsidized housing, food stamps, and much, much more. Tell me why people who are in this country illegally should be treated better than ANY citizen, let alone, our returning veterans?

Ana Puente | Spared as children -- then cut loose - Los Angeles Times

Immigration debate hits home for liver transplant patients

I wonder how many citizens died while waiting for the organs she and other illegals received. I wonder if Larry is still alive.
Yes, of course. Illegals first even for the organs and surgeries that Americans are denied.

It makes you want to remove yourself as an organ donor.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:51 PM

23,935 posts, read 32,608,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, of course. Illegals first even for the organs and surgeries that Americans are denied.

It makes you want to remove yourself as an organ donor.
That's throwing the baby out with the bathwater; the odds of an illegal receiving your organs are very low; you'd more likely be denying a U.S. citizen your organs.

But we shouldn't be paying for organ transplants for illegals. That Puente woman is on her FOURTH American-funded liver and thinks we should take care of her for life.

Ugh.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:37 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,464,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You’re damn straight it is! And, this is just a small sampling.

More than half Iraq, Afghanistan vets treated for psychological problems

Many illegal immigrants live in public housing - USATODAY.com

Yet, an illegal can enter this country pregnant and IMMEDIATELY receive tax-funded prenatal care for her “future” U.S. citizen, tax-funded postnatal care, WIC, welfare, subsidized housing, food stamps, and much, much more. Tell me why people who are in this country illegally should be treated better than ANY citizen, let alone, our returning veterans?

Ana Puente | Spared as children -- then cut loose - Los Angeles Times

Immigration debate hits home for liver transplant patients

I wonder how many citizens died while waiting for the organs she and other illegals received. I wonder if Larry is still alive.
That last one is just an illustration of the bizarre sense of entitlement the illegal alien lobby truly has. Nothing we own is apparently not theirs for the taking including our very vital organs.

I suppose the trio of idiots will be along shortly to tell me that yeah my great-grandparents came here with the specific expectation of getting a $400,000 operation at American taxpayer expense and I only oppose this because I'm sitting here in my KKK cape . . .

Old 08-17-2011, 02:07 PM

1,574 posts, read 827,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
That last one is just an illustration of the bizarre sense of entitlement the illegal alien lobby truly has. Nothing we own is apparently not theirs for the taking including our very vital organs.
wow, everytime I think the rhetoric can't possibly get more over-the-top, it does. Yes, they're engaged in a vast conspiracy to steal our organs!

How do you sleep at night? If I thought like this I would be petrified to leave the house because of the roving gangs of bloodthirsty mexicans with their unquenchable thirst for AMERICAN BLOOD (and livers).

Old 08-17-2011, 03:06 PM

Yup. On time just as expected. If you don't believe illegal aliens are entitled get operations that literally cost hundreds of thousands at American taxpayer expense while natives go without health care access because they can't afford it well you're just a paranoid fool. And probably a racist.

You know legal immigrants are not supposed to be a public charge. By that definition they're not supposed to qualify for public welfare benefits for a period of time. But hey you're illegal so don't worry. None of the rules that apply to others apply to you.

Because that's the purpose of America: to serve as a hospital for the rest of the world!

Yeah.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Yup. On time just as expected. If you don't believe illegal aliens are entitled get operations that literally cost hundreds of thousands at American taxpayer expense while natives go without health care access because they can't afford it well you're just a paranoid fool. And probably a racist.
Wow. Paranoid AND putting words in my mouth! I'm shocked!

Old 08-17-2011, 04:21 PM

Because accusing me of believing in a conspiracy to steal American organs isn't putting words in my mouth. Oh no.

Grow up. No one's entitled to get an organ transplant at American expense. Just about no Americans support that idea. Hospitals should damned well ask immigration status before putting someone on the transplant list let alone doing a hugely expensive operation for a criminal who isn't even supposed to be here. No one should walk across the border with the intent of having Americans pay their medical bills.

That is what's happening even if you refuse to admit it.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Because accusing me of believing in a conspiracy to steal American organs isn't putting words in my mouth. Oh no.

Quote:
Please, give me the nuanced distinction between "stealing american organs" and the "bizzare sense of entitlement" that leads them to "take our very vital organs". You make them sound like grave robbers.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
No one's entitled to get an organ transplant at American expense. Just about no Americans support that idea. Hospitals should damned well ask immigration status before putting someone on the transplant list let alone doing a hugely expensive operation for a criminal who isn't even supposed to be here. No one should walk across the border with the intent of having Americans pay their medical bills.

That is what's happening even if you refuse to admit it.
Ok, so if NO ONE is entitled to get these at American expense and "just about no Americans support that idea" why do you care about IMMIGRATION STATUS? Why don't you want hospitals to look for ABILITY TO PAY?

I mean, yeah, immigration status might be correlated with ability to pay, but ABILITY TO PAY is even more tightly correlated with it if you know what I mean.

Conclusion: you're not actually worried about ability to pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or