Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 02:21 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,648,284 times

Advertisements

They are leeching off of American benefits at the same time taking jobs, Everyone caters to them. The President sues Americans in the name of illegals.

You tell me who has it better?

Old 08-15-2011, 02:32 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,015,408 times
Everyone caters to them! I mean, they even have spanish on shampoo bottles now! That's BETTER TREATMENT THAN REAL CITIZENS GET!!!

Old 08-15-2011, 02:35 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,638,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
They forgot there are legal channels
Employers are breaking the law employing them, if there were no jobs for them they would go home

Old 08-15-2011, 03:32 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,861,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Employers are breaking the law employing them, if there were no jobs for them they would go home

This is true. So why is our DOJ suing states that want to crack down on employers hiring illegals? We are spending more time and money trying to give jobs to illegals then we are trying to create jobs for citizens.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:39 PM

387 posts, read 589,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
This is true. So why is our DOJ suing states that want to crack down on employers hiring illegals? We are spending more time and money trying to give jobs to illegals then we are trying to create jobs for citizens.
Immigration is domain of Federal Govt Even if you are illegal it dont mean you are deportable They have the right to see a US Immigration Judge and fight their case

Old 08-16-2011, 03:36 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,286,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrs99 View Post
Immigration is domain of Federal Govt Even if you are illegal it dont mean you are deportable They have the right to see a US Immigration Judge and fight their case
Then that is a law that needs changing. Why wouldn't you be deportable if you are here illegally? You sound a lot like someone who use to post in here just spouting laws but never taking a verbal position on them. Yes, we have to abide by the laws on the books but laws can be changed and should be if a law is coddling a lawbreaker.

Old 08-16-2011, 03:51 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,015,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Then that is a law that needs changing. Why wouldn't you be deportable if you are here illegally? You sound a lot like someone who use to post in here just spouting laws but never taking a verbal position on them. Yes, we have to abide by the laws on the books but laws can be changed and should be if a law is coddling a lawbreaker.
Wait, chicagonut, champion of the "ITS THE LAW" argument, is now getting mad because someone is just "spouting laws"????

Old 08-16-2011, 03:59 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,519,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Everyone caters to them! I mean, they even have spanish on shampoo bottles now! That's BETTER TREATMENT THAN REAL CITIZENS GET!!!
You’re damn straight it is! And, this is just a small sampling.

Quote:
A federal appeals court issued a scathing opinion of the VA’s system Wednesday, noting that it takes an average of four years for veterans to receive mental health benefits, a beleaguered process that demands immediate reform.
More than half Iraq, Afghanistan vets treated for psychological problems

Quote:
Untold thousands of illegal immigrants live in public housing at a time when hundreds of thousands of citizens and legal residents are stuck waiting years for a spot.
Many illegal immigrants live in public housing - USATODAY.com

Yet, an illegal can enter this country pregnant and IMMEDIATELY receive tax-funded prenatal care for her “future” U.S. citizen, tax-funded postnatal care, WIC, welfare, subsidized housing, food stamps, and much, much more. Tell me why people who are in this country illegally should be treated better than ANY citizen, let alone, our returning veterans?

Quote:
Ana Puente was an infant with a liver disorder when her aunt brought her illegally to the U.S. to seek medical care. She underwent two liver transplants at UCLA Medical Center as a child in 1989 and a third in 1998, each paid for by the state.
Ana Puente | Spared as children -- then cut loose - Los Angeles Times

Quote:
Late last month Puente learned of another, little-known option for patients with certain healthcare needs. If she notified U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that she was in the country illegally, state health officials might grant her full Medi-Cal coverage. Puente did so, her benefits were restored and she is now awaiting a fourth transplant at UCLA.

The average cost of a liver transplant and first-year follow-up is nearly $490,000, and anti-rejection medications can run more than $30,000 annually, according to the United Network for Organ Sharing, which oversees transplantation nationwide.

Larry Gonzalez, a U.S. citizen who has hepatitis C, has known for a decade that he needs a new liver but was just placed on the transplant waiting list last week.

"Why do we have to get in line behind immigrants, foreigners, when we have enough people here to fill the hospitals?" asked Gonzalez, 54, who lives in Ventura. "It just seems obvious to me that we shouldn't be taking a back seat."
Immigration debate hits home for liver transplant patients

I wonder how many citizens died while waiting for the organs she and other illegals received. I wonder if Larry is still alive.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:57 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,146,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
They are being treated better than citizens.

Obama even admits they work at jobs we Americans don't want which is a lie.
When did he say that? I distinctly recall Bush Jr. on TV saying that...

Old 08-16-2011, 09:55 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,267,292 times
Interesting new EEO issue, at work, no one can be dismissed based on LEP, Limited English Proficiency. It is a new protected class...Great...tell me that is not because of illegal aliens taking US jobs. I am tired of going places, and trying to have a conversation, with people who don't speak English. I was at a resturant the other day, could not even talk to the (hispanic) waiter, because he did not speak English, they sent out the black dishwasher to take our orders, because the waiter did not understand what I was saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration