Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:59 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,311,723 times

Advertisements

"In 2001, Perry signed into law the very first Texas “Dream ACT.” It allowed the children of illegal immigrants to pay in-state tuition at any Texas university, as long as they graduated from a Texas high school.

Rick Perry defended the Texas “Dream ACT,” saying, “To punish these young Texans for their parents' actions is not what America has always been about.”

Perry then jetted off to Mexico and bragged to the Mexicans that Texas passed this law, saying, “The message is simple, educacion es el futuro, y si se puede.” Education is the future, and yes we can.

Do you want a president who offers in-state tuition to illegal immigrants and then goes to Mexico and brags about it? Absolutely not.

Next, Perry slammed Arizona for passing Senate Bill 1070, which allows law enforcement officers to question suspects about their citizenship. The law also makes it a state crime to be in the United States illegally".

http://communities.washingtontimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 10:47 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,018,406 times
So, what's the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Perry then jetted off to Mexico
Oh, I see now.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:02 PM

Good news, Chicagonut, Rick Perry now wants to use military technology to blow up all those funny-talking brown people invading our country.

Rick Perry Raises Predator Drones As Possible Border Security Solution

Old 08-16-2011, 12:27 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,210,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Good news, Chicagonut, Rick Perry now wants to use military technology to blow up all those funny-talking brown people invading our country.

Rick Perry Raises Predator Drones As Possible Border Security Solution
Hmmmm to use drones to patrol the border is to blow people up? Most drone missions flown even in war zones are to observe the enemy.
Perhaps I missed something but did he call from armed drones to attack illegals?

Old 08-16-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hmmmm to use drones to patrol the border is to blow people up? Most drone missions flown even in war zones are to observe the enemy.
Perhaps I missed something but did he call from armed drones to attack illegals?
I know, hilarious isn't it? This person obviously doesn't even know what a drone is. Perry is not suggesting blowing up "brown" people or anyone else. Perry is a pro-illegal. He has a track record of it. Notice the reference to skin color to pull the race card?

Old 08-16-2011, 12:44 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,259,900 times
Rick Perry has been Hispandering since day one in office.

Sadly this is not news to those of us in the Great (border) State of Texas.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Notice the reference to skin color to pull the race card?
Yeah, news flash: Perry already pulled that card with his whole "let's pander to the milatary-industrial complex-worshipping xenophobes in the GOP" plan. Pointing that out isn't "playing the race card."

Old 08-16-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Rick Perry has been Hispandering since day one in office.

Sadly this is not news to those of us in the Great (border) State of Texas.
Nice to know that from an actual Texan. If he wins the nomination he won't be getting my vote, that's for sure. I'll write in my own candidate.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:50 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,259,900 times
Quote:
Nice to know that from an actual Texan. If he wins the nomination he won't be getting my vote, that's for sure. I'll write in my own candidate.
Bush was almost as bad. In some ways he was worse. A lot of this explosion of illegal immigration occurred while he was President and I don't recall him doing much (if anything) about it.

Texas politicians are pretty notorious for Hispandering. It's sickening.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:52 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,210,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Yeah, news flash: Perry already pulled that card with his whole "let's pander to the milatary-industrial complex-worshipping xenophobes in the GOP" plan. Pointing that out isn't "playing the race card."
actually it was playing the race card.
No minorities work in the industrial complex?
No minorities serve in the armed forces?
Most farmers are also regestered republican. No minority farmers? No minorities work on farms?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration