U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 06:05 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,238,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
She needs to go back to China.
Give her to Germany, Italy, etc. Germany needs more people, we DONT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 06:09 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Is she brown skinned? I don't want to be called a racist if I say no.
No she should gain asylum. I'm sure Taiwan will accept her.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:15 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Let's leave that particular can of worms closed. We don't need to grant de facto asylum and all the welfare benefits that go with it to a billion Chinese people. She needs to go back to China. If the Chinese have too many people that is not our problem.
Yes she needs to go back, make the exception for this case, then! Appears so many people in other Countries that the US responsibility is to take care of the World Poplulation. All our fault you know. The can of worms has already been opened.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:20 PM

16,116 posts, read 20,152,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Do you think they should be granted asylum considering the circumstances
- She illegally entered the country & using Chinas one child policy as a reason?
Will our Chinese masters allow this?
I mean fleeing a Communist Country has always been a reason(i.e. Cuba), but can we call our Colonial masters Communists

Old 08-17-2011, 08:35 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Like Europe is so bad? Theyll probably take her. Let that Chinese illegal go to Europe, she crossed thru there.
Yes, how many countries did she pass through but refused to ask for asylum from them? So I'd say no, it sounds to me she was mainly interested into getting to the land of big easy welfare handouts than to freedom. She could have asked for asylum long before she made it to the USA.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:23 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,516,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Give her to Germany, Italy, etc. Germany needs more people,
No, they have too many asylum seekers already.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I'm sure Taiwan will accept her.
I'm sure they won't.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bideshi
When will all the gay Ugandans show up asking for asylum?

[quote=BigDGeek;20496528]That's a different kettle of fish.

A.) Gay Ugandans may actually be in mortal danger if their homosexuality is revealed
B.) There aren't that many of them [\quote]

If one Ugandan suceeeded, then all other Ugandans would suddenly discover that they are gay. Then the other Moslem societies would get the idea.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:46 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post

If one Ugandan suceeeded, then all other Ugandans would suddenly discover that they are gay. Then the other Moslem societies would get the idea.
The burden of proof for U.S. asylum claims is actually quite high, so high that many with genuine claims are denied asylum and deported back to their countries of origin. I would not worry about a sudden flood of "gay" Ugandans if we granted asylum to one of them. The U.S. has granted asylum in cases like this before as have various European countries and they have not been inundated with similar claims.

While I am against illegal immigration I feel that genuine asylum claims ought to be considered and asylum granted where appropriate on a case-by-case basis. Some people (and/or their families) are in genuine mortal danger due to their political/religious beliefs, sexual orientations, or ethnicities.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:59 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
The burden of proof for U.S. asylum claims is actually quite high, so high that many with genuine claims are denied asylum and deported back to their countries of origin. I would not worry about a sudden flood of "gay" Ugandans if we granted asylum to one of them. The U.S. has granted asylum in cases like this before as have various European countries and they have not been inundated with similar claims.

While I am against illegal immigration I feel that genuine asylum claims ought to be considered and asylum granted where appropriate on a case-by-case basis. Some people (and/or their families) are in genuine mortal danger due to their political/religious beliefs, sexual orientations, or ethnicities.
True, I suppose we could substitute many of the family sponsored immigrants who tend to become taxpayer burdens for some of those seeking religious freedom. It would be better to have more of the types you mentioned than some of the muslims they're allowing in who don't believe in freedom.

I'm just skepical on many of these because there are so many other countries in between that are just as free or more free and also offer asylum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or