U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 10:25 PM

1,574 posts, read 791,038 times

Advertisements

What is the purpose of immigration restrictions in your opinion?

Obviously they're not overtly racist. The people who write them are not that stupid. But apparently just a literal examination of the words in the laws are enough for you guys. Context means nothing I suppose.

Please point to the individual pixels in this image that are picassoish:

Old 08-17-2011, 11:19 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,389,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Youíre discussing everything BUT your accusation. Why donít you stop trying to deflect, and just show us the proof that our immigration laws are racist?
Because he can't.

None of the pro-illegals and their idiot supporters can.

Most illegals are Latino high school drop outs who don't speak English and don't have any job skills. The average American does not benefit when they come here. They are not net economic contributors to our economy. So you can't defend their alleged right to be here on a fiscal basis. You can't defend their alleged right to be here on a moral basis as American citizenship isn't an inherent human right. You can't defend their alleged right to be here on the basis of race as some sort of affirmative action program as we've already allowed tremendous numbers of Latinos to come here legally. You can't even defend their alleged right to be here on the basis of poverty as most of the world's peoples are far more poor than the average illegal.

So he grasps at the only thing he has left: accusations of hysteria, mental illness and racism. The first is particularly laughable as it was often an allegation alleged against women historically. But that's sexism and who cares about that.

Thus we get the constant mantra of everyone who dares argue against illegals is a racist. Because they have no other defense. They don't. So they think if they shout racism loud enough people will go away. It's a dumb tactic as all you ultimately do is get people to ignore you and hold you in contempt.

I'm still not going to vote for Menendez because he's an illegal alien supporter who does not care about non-Latinos. I may even consider voting for Obama again just to annoy the idiots like the moron who wrote the editorial in the OP.

But I suppose some people will keep yelling.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:30 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,019,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Racist in what way? If you mean that our system is biased towards the educated and skilled I tend to agree. If you mean that the system limits immigration or VISA's approval based on risk the individual might over stay the VISA? Yes you are correct.
If anything our standards are too low and our enforcement a joke.
The system overall is not biased towards the educated and skilled, two-thirds of immigrants have a qualifying relationship to U.S. citizens, irrespective of education level and job skills. Correctly identified, a visa that has the ability for an ®overstay® is ®non-immigrant® (a permanent status cannot enter such a condition). I thought you have been through the system enough to know it.

A non-immigrant overstaying their visa (putting them in illegal alien status) does not impact legal immigration at all (it only can affect others from the same country that are also trying for the same B2 tourist visa type)...

Old 08-18-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
So he grasps at the only thing he has left: accusations of hysteria, mental illness and racism. The first is particularly laughable as it was often an allegation alleged against women historically. But that's sexism and who cares about that.
EL OH EL

Wow. I've actually wondered how over the top I could get if I actually wanted to just troll this board. I don't think I could do this good, though. Jumping from "hysteria" to "lol sexism" (and with the classic "I'm just gonna mention this and then act like it's NOT something I really WANTED to mention" gambit) is a true masterstroke.

Quote:
Thus we get the constant mantra of everyone who dares argue against illegals is a racist.
But I don't think that.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:23 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
What is the purpose of immigration restrictions in your opinion?

Obviously they're not overtly racist. The people who write them are not that stupid. But apparently just a literal examination of the words in the laws are enough for you guys. Context means nothing I suppose.

Please point to the individual pixels in this image that are picassoish:
Wow! Talk about grasping at straws. Whatís next, a Rorschach test?

Yes, it is incredibly hard to substantiate a LIE. Give it up.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:29 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The system overall is not biased towards the educated and skilled, two-thirds of immigrants have a qualifying relationship to U.S. citizens, irrespective of education level and job skills. Correctly identified, a visa that has the ability for an ®overstay® is ®non-immigrant® (a permanent status cannot enter such a condition). I thought you have been through the system enough to know it.

A non-immigrant overstaying their visa (putting them in illegal alien status) does not impact legal immigration at all (it only can affect others from the same country that are also trying for the same B2 tourist visa type)...
The question posed was "how are our immigration laws racist" and YOUR reply would be? Biased towards skilled and educated immigrants perhaps but that has nothing to do with race.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
The question posed was "how are our immigration laws racist" and YOUR reply would be? Biased towards skilled and educated immigrants perhaps but that has nothing to do with race.
Grandfather clauses had nothing to do with race, either. It was just a TOTAL FREAK COINCIDENCE that the people they kept away from the voting booth JUST HAPPENED TO BE black (and mexican!).

Old 08-18-2011, 10:59 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,913,834 times
So what exactly is racist?
Is it wrong to be selective about who we allow to enter? I dont think so.
If anything we are not selective enough.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:07 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Quote:
You'll never get a straight answer from the pro-illegals. I posed the same question to another member in here just awhile ago and I would bet my bottom dollar they won't answer my question.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:38 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,246,951 times
Quote:
Yes, but pro-illegals think our generous immigration system is "racist" and "too restrictive". They want it lax enough so that millions more uneducated and unskilled people can come to our country and abuse our services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration