U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-19-2011, 09:08 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 794,264 times
Reputation: 124

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You are asking him for data to support his position. Yet, you have been asked repeatedly to provide evidence to support your position, and thus far, have failed miserably. Donít you think you should first prove our immigration laws are racist, before you start requesting proof from others?

I ask AGAIN, how are our immigration laws racist? If you canít support your position by citing actual clauses from the law, then the only thing you have proven is your dishonesty.
See how you keep narrowly restricting the answer you'll accept? You've GOTTEN an answer, you just ignored it.

Do you seriously think a law can't be racist in practice if there's not specific identifiable "racist clauses"???

Do you ever wonder how it is that (as everyone in this forum accepts) most illegals are hispanic?

Are you ignorant of the history of immigration laws?

Do you READ the posts people make defending immigration restrictions? The irrational fear of foreigners just in this forum (e.g. "they're gonna steal our VITAL ORGANS!") is pretty breathtaking. Sure, everyone knows to avoid using certain "bad" words and substitute others, but are you really that naive????

 
Old 08-19-2011, 09:12 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 794,264 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
He's also grasping at straws on the welfare issue. Welfare is meant to provide safety nets for our own citizenry. Welfare is not meant to subsidize a Mexican high school drop out's decision to immigrate here illegally and take a badly paying job that would not otherwise support him and his extended family.
So if it's such a badly paying job it wouldn't support an american anyway, right? Cognitive dissonance at its finest.

The point of the welfare discussion is EXACTLY what you just pointed out. It's for US, not THEM. In other words, it's NOT the fact that they're poor that bothers you, because you don't mind poor people as long as they're one of us. It's the fact that they're THEM.

These people in this group are better than those people in that group. But you're not a bigot. Got it.
 
Old 08-19-2011, 09:35 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,398,657 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
See how you keep narrowly restricting the answer you'll accept? You've GOTTEN an answer, you just ignored it.

Do you seriously think a law can't be racist in practice if there's not specific identifiable "racist clauses"???

Do you ever wonder how it is that (as everyone in this forum accepts) most illegals are hispanic?

Are you ignorant of the history of immigration laws?

Do you READ the posts people make defending immigration restrictions? The irrational fear of foreigners just in this forum (e.g. "they're gonna steal our VITAL ORGANS!") is pretty breathtaking. Sure, everyone knows to avoid using certain "bad" words and substitute others, but are you really that naive????
In other words you STILL have no evidence.

How the hell are immigration restrictions inherently racist? HOW? Every single nation has them. Are all nations racists? Or just Americans? And how the hell is pointing out that illegals actually expect us to put them on the transplant lists ahead of Americans anything but a statement of fact?

I have to laugh at you.

You want history? I proved you're ignorant of it. You used the word hysterical to describe a woman. Well guess what? Hysteria was an actual sexist accusation hurled against women all the time. They were said to be irrational creatures incapable of participating in logical debate.

You know what? I don't think you're sexist. Young, arrogant, obnoxious, not as smart as you think you are, a tad lazy and spoiled and incredibly naive. But not sexist. Yet by your own rules I could have easily "proven" that you're sexist.

Do you see how that works? You're seeing racism where none exists. Worse, you're making false accusation of racism. All that does is make you look like someone who can't possibly tell real racism when you come across it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
So if it's such a badly paying job it wouldn't support an american anyway, right? Cognitive dissonance at its finest.

The point of the welfare discussion is EXACTLY what you just pointed out. It's for US, not THEM. In other words, it's NOT the fact that they're poor that bothers you, because you don't mind poor people as long as they're one of us. It's the fact that they're THEM.

These people in this group are better than those people in that group. But you're not a bigot. Got it.
STOP CALLING ME A BIGOT, YOU BRATTY LITTLE TWIT!

Thank you.

Stop calling people racists when they have told you they are not and have clearly demonstrated they aren't. You look like a moron.

Just stop it. It's incredibly obnoxious behavior.

You must be a lot of fun on dates. Your poor date uses the word brown or white and you probably start screaming "you're a racist" at the top of your lungs.

We cannot support all the world's poor people. We have enough poor people. We do not need anymore. If I am in favor of safety nets for poor people in America it is because that's what I pay taxes for. I do not pay taxes in the rest of the world. There are about two billion poor people. American taxpayers cannot possibly be held responsible for every single one of them. We certainly should not be held fiscally responsible for someone who comes here without permission. Legal immigrants are supposed to be deported if they are a public charge and use welfare. Illegals should be held to the same standards.

Please. Go back to school. You desperately need classes in logic and rhetoric.
 
Old 08-19-2011, 09:49 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,198,311 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
In other words you STILL have no evidence.

How the hell are immigration restrictions inherently racist? HOW? Every single nation has them. Are all nations racists? Or just Americans? And how the hell is pointing out that illegals actually expect us to put them on the transplant lists ahead of Americans anything but a statement of fact?

I have to laugh at you.

You want history? I proved you're ignorant of it. You used the word hysterical to describe a woman. Well guess what? Hysteria was an actual sexist accusation hurled against women all the time. They were said to be irrational creatures incapable of participating in logical debate.

You know what? I don't think you're sexist. Young, arrogant, obnoxious, not as smart as you think you are, a tad lazy and spoiled and incredibly naive. But not sexist. Yet by your own rules I could have easily "proven" that you're sexist.

Do you see how that works? You're seeing racism where none exists. Worse, you're making false accusation of racism. All that does is make you look like someone who can't possibly tell real racism when you come across it.



STOP CALLING ME A BIGOT, YOU BRATTY LITTLE TWIT!

Thank you.

Stop calling people racists when they have told you they are not and have clearly demonstrated they aren't. You look like a moron.

Just stop it. It's incredibly obnoxious behavior.

You must be a lot of fun on dates. Your poor date uses the word brown or white and you probably start screaming "you're a racist" at the top of your lungs.

We cannot support all the world's poor people. We have enough poor people. We do not need anymore. If I am in favor of safety nets for poor people in America it is because that's what I pay taxes for. I do not pay taxes in the rest of the world. There are about two billion poor people. American taxpayers cannot possibly be held responsible for every single one of them. We certainly should not be held fiscally responsible for someone who comes here without permission. Legal immigrants are supposed to be deported if they are a public charge and use welfare. Illegals should be held to the same standards.

Please. Go back to school. You desperately need classes in logic and rhetoric.
I hope you and others haven't forgetten the "report offensive posts" feature in this forum.
 
Old 08-19-2011, 09:51 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 794,264 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Do you see how that works? You're seeing racism where none exists. Worse, you're making false accusation of racism. All that does is make you look like someone who can't possibly tell real racism when you come across it.
Except I have more than one offhand comment to base my case on. We've got a pattern of behavior here.

Quote:
STOP CALLING ME A BIGOT, YOU BRATTY LITTLE TWIT!
Stop thinking that some people are inherently superior to others as a direct consequence of their birth, then.

Quote:
Stop calling people racists when they have told you they are not and have clearly demonstrated they aren't. You look like a moron.
Well, they have said they're not, but then they keep doing things that are textbook bigotry. I am not making them do this. Don't shoot the messenger.

Quote:
You must be a lot of fun on dates. Your poor date uses the word brown or white and you probably start screaming "you're a racist" at the top of your lungs.
See, right there, you're demonstrating that you don't even understand what racism is.

It's not about choosing the "right" or "wrong" words.
 
Old 08-19-2011, 10:02 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,398,657 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Except I have more than one offhand comment to base my case on. We've got a pattern of behavior here.
You wrote it twice. That makes you a sexist. See that's a pattern of behavior. I ask again. Why do you hate women so much?

Quote:
Stop thinking that some people are inherently superior to others as a direct consequence of their birth, then.
Congratulations. That may be the dumbest thing you've written yet. Demanding that we enforce our immigration laws (as does every nation on the planet) is doing no such thing.

I reiterate. You are NOT entitled to American citizenship. You're not entitled to get access to the American welfare system, work here without express permission or skip our immigration lines. Every single country has such laws. You're certainly not entitled to demand that I personally pay higher taxes so you can do so.

Quote:
Well, they have said they're not, but then they keep doing things that are textbook bigotry. I am not making them do this. Don't shoot the messenger.
Point to an example. You can't. So shut up.

Quote:
See, right there, you're demonstrating that you don't even understand what racism is.

It's not about choosing the "right" or "wrong" words.
So if someone called you the n word that would be okay, right?



Seriously. GO BACK TO SCHOOL.
 
Old 08-19-2011, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,868,601 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
See how you keep narrowly restricting the answer you'll accept? You've GOTTEN an answer, you just ignored it.

Do you seriously think a law can't be racist in practice if there's not specific identifiable "racist clauses"???

Do you ever wonder how it is that (as everyone in this forum accepts) most illegals are hispanic?

Are you ignorant of the history of immigration laws?

Do you READ the posts people make defending immigration restrictions? The irrational fear of foreigners just in this forum (e.g. "they're gonna steal our VITAL ORGANS!") is pretty breathtaking. Sure, everyone knows to avoid using certain "bad" words and substitute others, but are you really that naive????
You just keep digging a deeper hole for yourself. You have NOT proven squat, and you know it. You continue to claim our laws are racist, without offering one shred of evidence by citing immigration law. Sorry, but a law is not racist simply because you disagree with it. Nor is it racist on the basis of opinions of posters on this forum. Now, prove your point, or you will continue to be considered simply a propagator of a lie.
 
Old 08-19-2011, 11:00 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 794,264 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
You wrote it twice. That makes you a sexist. See that's a pattern of behavior. I ask again. Why do you hate women so much?
lol

Quote:
Congratulations. That may be the dumbest thing you've written yet. Demanding that we enforce our immigration laws (as does every nation on the planet) is doing no such thing.
Again, it's not the demand itself.

Quote:
I reiterate. You are NOT entitled to American citizenship. You're not entitled to get access to the American welfare system, work here without express permission or skip our immigration lines. Every single country has such laws. You're certainly not entitled to demand that I personally pay higher taxes so you can do so.
See, there you go again, conflating welfare and presence in the US.

And, fwiw, I am not demanding that you personally pay anything.

Oh, and BTW, since you think nobody is entitled to American citizenship, what do you think of my idea that nobody get it automatically just by being born? Don't you think something so valuable should be earned?


Quote:
Point to an example. You can't. So shut up.
I can't think of a better example than your "they're coming to steal our organs" hysteria. (oooh, I went there.) that sort of paranoid propaganda is straight demonization.

Quote:
So if someone called you the n word that would be okay, right?
lol. keep digging the hole. You really think you can boil racism down to "the n-word"?
 
Old 08-19-2011, 11:01 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 794,264 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You just keep digging a deeper hole for yourself. You have NOT proven squat, and you know it. You continue to claim our laws are racist, without offering one shred of evidence by citing immigration law. Sorry, but a law is not racist simply because you disagree with it. Nor is it racist on the basis of opinions of posters on this forum. Now, prove your point, or you will continue to be considered simply a propagator of a lie.
 
Old 08-19-2011, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,868,601 times
Reputation: 3028
You can post silly graphics until the cows come home. Youíre only proving my point, which is, you can NOT support your claim that our immigration laws are racist. If you could, you would. But, we both know you canít. Youíre only making yourself look juvenile and foolish. But, that is certainly your prerogative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top