Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 04:07 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Translation: I can’t find any “racist” sections of our immigration laws, because they don’t actually exist. But, I must follow my script.
Wow. Can you find the racist section of jim crow-era grandfather clauses?

Seriously, people don't really believe that if a law doesn't explicitly mention specific races it can't be a racist law, do they?

Old 08-17-2011, 04:10 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Wow. Can you find the racist section of jim crow-era grandfather clauses?

Seriously, people don't really believe that if a law doesn't explicitly mention specific races it can't be a racist law, do they?
Ah, can’t defend your baseless claim, so now you’re playing the Jim Crow card. Sorry, it isn’t even remotely the same. I suppose next you’ll mention slavery.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:15 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Translation: I can’t find any “racist” sections of our immigration laws, because they don’t actually exist. But, I must follow my script.
You could write his script for him.

Just use words like:

racist, strawman, hysterics and the like.

I swear he's like a toy. Pull the string and you get the toy to say certain words over and over again. You could probably get the toy to just keep saying racist over and over again.

Unfortunately too many of our elected leaders agree with him. The idiot editorial in the OP is a classic example of this sort of nonsense. At no point does the author explain WHY Obama's policies are racist. Instead we get the implication that if such laws affect hispanics more than others (because most illegals are hispanic) then the policies are inherently racist.

We all know the author in the OP would not care if about illegal immigration if most illegals were not hispanic. Because racism and identity politics are fine for the correct groups (La Raza and the like). But if you dare oppose their racist policies and advocacy then you are the racist.

Insane, right?

Old 08-17-2011, 04:18 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,949 times
Quote:
Ah, can’t defend your baseless claim, so now you’re playing the Jim Crow card. Sorry, it isn’t even remotely the same. I suppose next you’ll mention slavery.
They play every low card they can find. They've compared anyone who agrees we should not have open borders with slave holders, opponents to the sufferagists, and even the Nazis.

At some point you'd think they would start to realize that using such revolting analogies only makes them look pathetic and desperate, not mention highly insensitive to real racism but apparently not . . .

Old 08-17-2011, 04:20 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Stop feeding the troll Benicar!
Yeah your right KickAssArmyChick;
the troll have already swallowed the bait! But we know better.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:24 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
You could write his script for him.

Just use words like:

racist, strawman, hysterics and the like.

I swear he's like a toy. Pull the string and you get the toy to say certain words over and over again. You could probably get the toy to just keep saying racist over and over again.

Unfortunately too many of our elected leaders agree with him. The idiot editorial in the OP is a classic example of this sort of nonsense. At no point does the author explain WHY Obama's policies are racist. Instead we get the implication that if such laws affect hispanics more than others (because most illegals are hispanic) then the policies are inherently racist.

We all know the author in the OP would not care if about illegal immigration if most illegals were not hispanic. Because racism and identity politics are fine for the correct groups (La Raza and the like). But if you dare oppose their racist policies and advocacy then you are the racist.

Insane, right?
Insane it is.

Quote:
They play every low card they can find. They've compared anyone who agrees we should not have open borders with slave holders, opponents to the sufferagists, and even the Nazis.

At some point you'd think they would start to realize that using such revolting analogies only makes them look pathetic and desperate, not mention highly insensitive to real racism but apparently not . . .
You're right. They have so shamefully abused the word racism. It’s now like the little boy who cried wolf.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:26 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:

With some of the stories they all come up with, they are pathetic desperate and fairytail analogies. Like pathetic leeches, they will never come to realize the truth.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
They play every low card they can find.

Says the person who just characterized my position as "all pedophiles just come on over and do whatever you want"

Old 08-17-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Yes, it's remotely the same. We're talking about a set of laws intended to keep certain people from doing certain things, limiting how they can interact with society, etc.

Please explain how they are so different that they can't be compared? If it's not "remotely" similar this should be quite easy.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Bump, anyone want to answer this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration