U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-18-2011, 09:42 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,104,934 times
Reputation: 2199

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
I have to pick a side?
Can you answer the question?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-18-2011, 09:48 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 790,233 times
Reputation: 124
Actually, no, I can't answer it. It's a bad question because it assumes I should want one culture or another. I prefer for people to be free, which means culture will evolve in ways I can't control and I don't really worry about it one way or the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2011, 11:14 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,158,884 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
White majority culture please elaborate a little more.

The british descendants & their slaves set the borders and map out the country. The spanish did the same in central & south America.

You want Hispanic majority culture in the U.S?
This is the same person that totally ignores my qualifier of not wanting to lose our identifying culture and language " VIA ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION". I wonder why they ignore that part? Cause it doesn't fit their claim of "white supremacy"? If they think that it is only whites that don't want our country turned into another Hispanic country culturally VIA ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION then they are being blatantly dishonest.

I even stated that Mexicans should not be considered to be brown supremists if they objected to an illegal invasion by the Chinese for example that would change the demographics, culture and language of Mexico and I am sure the pro-illegals would agree with that. So why the double standard and claims of "white supremacy" about the U.S. in the same situation? What hypocrites they are!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2011, 11:28 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 790,233 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
This is the same person that totally ignores my qualifier of not wanting to lose our identifying culture and language " VIA ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION". I wonder why they ignore that part? Cause it doesn't fit their claim of "white supremacy"? If they think that it is only whites that don't want our country turned into another Hispanic country culturally VIA ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION then they are being blatantly dishonest.
Perhaps if you actually want to hear my answers you should take me off your ignore list. If you're going to leave me on your ignore list then I'd appreciate it if you ACTUALLY IGNORE my posts rather than just passive-aggressively respond to parts you happen to see quoted and then just fill in the rest with complete baloney you make up in your head.

Quote:
I even stated that Mexicans should not be considered to be brown supremists if they objected to an illegal invasion by the Chinese for example that would change the demographics, culture and language of Mexico and I am sure the pro-illegals would agree with that. So why the double standard and claims of "white supremacy" about the U.S. in the same situation? What hypocrites they are!
The double standard is completely in your head. The fact that I have a different opinion than you doesn't indicate that I'm applying a double standard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2011, 12:11 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,104,934 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Actually, no, I can't answer it. It's a bad question because it assumes I should want one culture or another. I prefer for people to be free, which means culture will evolve in ways I can't control and I don't really worry about it one way or the other.

What do you mean by free?

What culture are you referring to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2011, 12:13 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,104,934 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
This is the same person that totally ignores my qualifier of not wanting to lose our identifying culture and language " VIA ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION". I wonder why they ignore that part? Cause it doesn't fit their claim of "white supremacy"? If they think that it is only whites that don't want our country turned into another Hispanic country culturally VIA ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION then they are being blatantly dishonest.

I even stated that Mexicans should not be considered to be brown supremists if they objected to an illegal invasion by the Chinese for example that would change the demographics, culture and language of Mexico and I am sure the pro-illegals would agree with that. So why the double standard and claims of "white supremacy" about the U.S. in the same situation? What hypocrites they are!
I couldn't agree more.

He can't answer it but we know the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2011, 10:08 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times
Reputation: 22163
Well for those who want a hispanic culture instead of the American culture, there are something like 22 nations from which to choose from. Hasta la vista!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2011, 10:38 PM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,239,105 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
White majority culture please elaborate a little more.

The british descendants & their slaves set the borders and map out the country. The spanish did the same in central & south America.

You want Hispanic majority culture in the U.S?
I DONT want Hispanic culture to be the main one in the USA. Look at Mexico or any other Hispanic country. Even Spain is a mess today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2011, 10:56 PM
 
Location: In this horrid OBOMINATION
321 posts, read 305,357 times
Reputation: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Of course you understand it. It's the same mindset that leads people to want to "maintain a white majority culture."
Cool Bigoted racist statement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-19-2011, 10:53 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,158,884 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquabluesrq View Post
Cool Bigoted racist statement
\

Yeah, we're the bigots and racists for wanting to retain our national identity, demographics, culture and language and not lose it VIA ILLEGAL IMMIGRATON but those who advocate for illegal immigration (especially from one ethnic group) that would do just that to our country aren't the real bigots and racists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top