U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 08:05 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,016,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
According to the BIA:
Quote: ¨Until an alien who is arrested without a warrant is placed in formal proceedings by the filing of a Notice to Appear (Form I-862), the regulation at 8 C.F.R. § 287.3(c) (2011) does not require immigration officers to advise the alien that he or she has a right to counsel and that any statements made during interrogation can subsequently be used against the alien¨...
You do realize that the case you are quoting is the proceedings against legal immigrants not in illegal alien status?:

¨The respondents are a married couple who are natives and citizens
of Guatemala and lawful permanent residents of the United States

Old 08-18-2011, 08:14 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,714,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You do realize that the case you are quoting is the proceedings against legal immigrants not in illegal alien status?:

¨The respondents are a married couple who are natives and citizens
of Guatemala and lawful permanent residents of the United States
That would be nice, except it effects all non-immigrants and illegal aliens as well. I would suggest reading up on some of the immigration lawyer web sites to include the Progressive PRO illegal sites that already realize the implications of this ruling by the BIA. I mean don't you PRO types argue they are "aliens" as per immigration, thus the wording would look to implicate them as well.
Quote:
Until an alien who is arrested without a warrant is placed in formal proceedings by the filing of a Notice to Appear (Form I-862), the regulation at 8 C.F.R. § 287.3(c) (2011) does not require immigration officers to advise the alien that he or she has a right to counsel and that any statements made during interrogation can subsequently be used against the alien.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Where did you copy this second part from? I just want to source that someone within the boundaries of the United States has no Constitutional protections. Why follow a process for someone if they have no rights?
Again that would be nice, except you miss the wording I used "they have no/very limited protections", I don't know about you, but I clearly read very limited protections.

Now go back and put my full comment into context and quit attempting to pull it apart to some how make it sound as though it means something else.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
That would be nice, except it effects all non-immigrants and illegal aliens as well. I would suggest reading up on some of the immigration lawyer web sites to include the Progressive PRO illegal sites that already realize the implications of this ruling by the BIA. I mean don't you PRO types argue they are "aliens" as per immigration, thus the wording would look to implicate them as well.
I´ve seen some pretty bad ¨immigration lawyer web sites¨ that don´t even seem to be bound to a lawyer, much less reality. Heaven forbid if you are pulling data from something like that (more than any other law areas, immigration cases are ultimately independent from each other). I´m married to an ¨alien¨, with ¨alien¨ stepchildren, and relatively sure of their status.

But isn´t an alien Legal Permanent Resident under the jurisdiction of the United States? Are they under Constitutional protections? You also need to elaborate for your specific identifier of me as ¨you PRO types¨.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I´ve seen some pretty bad ¨immigration lawyer web sites¨ that don´t even seem to be bound to a lawyer, much less reality. Heaven forbid if you are pulling data from something like that (more than any other law areas, immigration cases are ultimately independent from each other). I´m married to an ¨alien¨, with ¨alien¨ stepchildren, and relatively sure of their status.

But isn´t an alien Legal Permanent Resident under the jurisdiction of the United States? Are they under Constitutional protections? You also need to elaborate for your specific identifier of me as ¨you PRO types¨.
I am married to an "alien", now citizen, as well. My kids are of dual citizenship, so what!

You are attempting to make it out to be much more than what it states. Remember, this is an "illegal immigration" forum, thus we are discussing "illegal immigrants".

Just so I'm not labeled as "plagiarizer", I'm giving you a credible link: http://www.americanimmigrationcounci...s-under-arrest

Old 08-18-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
...Now go back and put my full comment into context and quit attempting to pull it apart to some how make it sound as though it means something else.
You quoted a case about the proceedings against a Legal Permanent Resident couple out of context, and then dropped into your comments about illegal aliens. How are you linking the two paragraphs otherwise? If you externally quote, you also need to delineate where that quote ends, and where your commentary begins.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:51 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,160,108 times
Quote:
I am married to an "alien", now citizen, as well. My kids are of dual citizens, so what!

You are attempting to make it out to be much more than what it states. Remember, this is an "illegal immigration" forum, thus we are discussing "illegal immigrants".

Just so I'm not labeled as "plagiarizer", I'm giving you a credible link: Board of Immigration Appeals Guts Legal Protections for Immigrants Under Arrest | American Immigration Council
I am glad that although you married an "alien" who is now a citizen that you still put this country and its citizens first and that you haven't been swayed towards the illegal alien advocate views.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
You quoted a case about the proceedings against a Legal Permanent Resident couple out of context, and then dropped into your comments about illegal aliens. How are you linking the two paragraphs otherwise? If you externally quote, you also need to delineate where that quote ends, and where your commentary begins.
Actually I didn't, you are attempting to make the argument about the fact that they are "LPR", which doesn't have any real bearing on the ruling and effects all aliens alike. I even gave you a link to a reputable known advocacy group that states the same as I have.

Deflecting from the reality of the ruling isn't helping you make your case.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:04 PM

346 posts, read 616,751 times
and with this act, Obama gains a couple million votes but loses 100 million others.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:38 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,160,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
and with this act, Obama gains a couple million votes but loses 100 million others.
Not too bright, is he?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or