Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 08:23 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
lol no.
It is,

because Obama is leading a civilian force of 10 of millions non Americans against the will of the American people.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:44 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,413 times
Quote:
It's hilarious.

poor mexicans: bad, they want to steal our stuff
rich mexicans: bad, they want to help the poor ones steal our stuff

So basically all mexicans = bad, but there's no bigotry here, no sir!
You're cute.

Yeah that's exactly what I said. Shouldn't you be in remedial reading classes right now?

Let me explain this in simpler language so even you can understand. Carlos Slim is the world's richest man. He's a Mexican national. He lent the New York Times half a billion so they could stay afloat. The Times runs many editorials that are pro-illegal. Roughly sixty percent of all illegals are Mexicans. Most of those people are high school drop outs who don't speak English and use our welfare system. The Times does Carlos Slim's bidding. The paper is pro-illegal.

But don't let the facts stand in the way of your false accustations of bigotry. It's not as if you have anything substantive to add to the debate. From now on I could just debate the way you do.

Rhymetime is a sexist. Rhymetime used the word hysteria so Rhymetime is a sexist. That's right Rhymetime is a sexist. A sexist, a sexist, a sexist. That's right a sexist!!!!! Because I said so.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:07 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,018,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Let me explain this in simpler language so even you can understand. Carlos Slim is the world's richest man. He's a Mexican national. He lent the New York Times half a billion so they could stay afloat. The Times runs many editorials that are pro-illegal. Roughly sixty percent of all illegals are Mexicans. Most of those people are high school drop outs who don't speak English and use our welfare system. The Times does Carlos Slim's bidding. The paper is pro-illegal.

But don't let the facts stand in the way of your false accustations of bigotry. It's not as if you have anything substantive to add to the debate. From now on I could just debate the way you do.
How does this contradict what I said? You're just adding more evidence. Oh, and you're exposing the fact that when you say "illegal" you really mean "mexican".

Old 08-19-2011, 09:13 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,413 times
Quote:
How does this contradict what I said? You're just adding more evidence. Oh, and you're exposing the fact that when you say "illegal" you really mean "mexican".
Wow, you're sexist and not very bright.

When I write illegal I mean someone who is here in violation of our immigration laws. As eighty percent of all illegals are from Latin American and sixty percent are from Mexico that person is probably Mexican.

Your point? If the Mexican government does not want people to associate illegals with Mexicans, the Mexican government should stop demanding an inherent right to ship their poor people here.

Please tell us all how to talk about this issue. Are we supposed to avoid the word Mexican when writing about illegals? Oh I forgot. They're not illegals. They're Undocumented Saints Who Help Prop Up Racist Americans Too Lazy To Work.

Yeah.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:18 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Wow talk about the typical fox news hard right spin,..This is a temporary hold on deporting some people because the Obama administration has so many people to be deported (300,000+) they want to get the criminals and other scum out first. Also from the link:

"In fiscal year 2010, which ended September 30, the United States deported a record 392,000 illegal immigrants."

The Obama administration has been arresting so many illegals they are clogging up the deportation process

U.S. to postpone deportation of illegal immigrants without criminal records | The Raw Story
It’s much more than a temporary hold. They have no intentions of ever punishing these people for violating our laws. Ergo, they are being rewarded. What a great message to send to the world: Come to the USA illegally, and if you manage not to get caught committing crimes, the U.S. government will reward you by allowing you to remain in the country with impunity. Yes, that’s quite a magnet for more illegal immigration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
But if you can only deport so many at any one time... doesn't it make sense to prioritize and deport the the worst rather than just deal with them FIFO?
Maybe they don't have the funds to process them all... and increasing budgets these days isn't exactly popular.
Yes, it makes sense to prioritize. But, that shouldn’t mean we ignore all others. They certainly shouldn’t be rewarded for violating our laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
That appears to be all conjecture from the OP I read.
If Obama does in effect decree the Dream Act, which I don't think he can, then I'll be against it. But for now, I don't see that as the policy so I still think it makes sense to prioritize the deportations.
But, isn’t that what he’s doing by decriminalizing Dreamies? If they’re off-limits, he has essentially granted their DREAM Act amnesty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
It's not a true amnesty since not everyone will qualify. On the news they said very few illegals would actually benefit from it.
It doesn’t have to include every illegal alien to qualify as an amnesty. They know they can’t grant another mass amnesty, so they will continue their piecemeal tactics. This way, as many as possible will be legalized without the involvement of Congress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Which is true, Obama has been laying the hammer down on illegals. He's got so many on the deportation list, he's putting the criminals on the first buses out of the country as the main priority, with the rest to come.
But, “the rest” will NEVER come. That’s their strategy. The only reason Obama is deporting record numbers, is to pave the way for “the rest” to be legalized.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:40 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It’s much more than a temporary hold. They have no intentions of ever punishing these people for violating our laws. Ergo, they are being rewarded. What a great message to send to the world: Come to the USA illegally, and if you manage not to get caught committing crimes, the U.S. government will reward you by allowing you to remain in the country with impunity. Yes, that’s quite a magnet for more illegal immigration.

Yes, it makes sense to prioritize. But, that shouldn’t mean we ignore all others. They certainly shouldn’t be rewarded for violating our laws.

But, isn’t that what he’s doing by decriminalizing Dreamies? If they’re off-limits, he has essentially granted their DREAM Act amnesty.

It doesn’t have to include every illegal alien to qualify as an amnesty. They know they can’t grant another mass amnesty, so they will continue their piecemeal tactics. This way, as many as possible will be legalized without the involvement of Congress.

But, “the rest” will NEVER come. That’s their strategy. The only reason Obama is deporting record numbers, is to pave the way for “the rest” to be legalized.
You hit the nail on the head with your last paragraph in particular, Benicar.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:02 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,018,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Wow, you're sexist and not very bright.

When I write illegal I mean someone who is here in violation of our immigration laws. As eighty percent of all illegals are from Latin American and sixty percent are from Mexico that person is probably Mexican.

Your point? If the Mexican government does not want people to associate illegals with Mexicans, the Mexican government should stop demanding an inherent right to ship their poor people here.

Please tell us all how to talk about this issue. Are we supposed to avoid the word Mexican when writing about illegals? Oh I forgot. They're not illegals. They're Undocumented Saints Who Help Prop Up Racist Americans Too Lazy To Work.

Yeah.
Again, you're showing that you don't even know what racism is. It's not the fact that you're talking about mexicans. It's the disdain for them that shows in your words. And it's not just the ones that are here illegaly.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:09 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
It is,

because Obama is leading a civilian force of 10 of millions non Americans against the will of the American people.
Majority of voters support Comprehensive immigration reform.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:10 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Majority of voters support Comprehensive immigration reform.
Thats entirely false. Please post your source.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:14 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,747,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Thats entirely false. Please post your source.
You didn't post any sources so why should i?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration