U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 02:49 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3780 View Post
Let me see if I understand... your solution to unemployment is putting people in cages?

Don't you think that more jobs might be created by the drive and imagination of new immigrants?
Do you really think that the country is better off with fewer people? That's an idea that's espoused by communists countries (like China). I believe that people are a country's greatest asset; their creativity and talent creates wealth and makes life better for the rest of us.
Excuse me but these people aren't "immigrants", they are illegal aliens. They aren't job creators they are job stealers. We take in a million legal immigrants a year. They can't help create jobs? It takes an uneducated, low skilled, non-English speaking illegal to create jobs in this country?

Yes, putting illegal aliens in jail (cages?, lol) and deporting them will free up jobs for Americans, duh.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:51 PM

1,759 posts, read 1,696,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Well, jeez, there are a lot of ignorant, lazy, redneck americans, and I resent having to pay for their kids to be in school, having to pay their medical expenses, and the effect of the meth they bring into the community, too.
Funny, I thought "redneck" wasn't allowed on the forum.
Ah well, screw it! It refers to white people!

You're missing the point:
Living here legally means you are paying taxes on your income, your house, etc.
They have paid into the system as much as you have.

Please dont' bring out the overused "but illegals pay taxes, too!"
No, they do not.
They are not here legally; they are not on any books.

...Well, unless they are using someone else's SS number, that is.

This is very hard for you to grasp.
Pity.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrs99 View Post
If you study Immigration Law Secretary of INS, now DHS has the authority
to provide relief to illegal immigrants. Not all illegal immigrant are deportable
due to conditions in their home country and DHS Secretary has authority to provide Administrative Relief to aliens
If you are referring to asylum status. Mexicans don't qualify for that.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:56 PM

179 posts, read 223,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Exactly! they going to be given work permits while millions of Americans aren't working?
More than that, most of them are low income who would have opportunities to get tax credits, not paying a penny to IRS if they have work permits, Is it so nice ?

Old 08-19-2011, 02:56 PM

3,847 posts, read 3,161,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Isn't the president part of the executive branch?
And should be enforcing the laws of the country?

Can anyone, esp. O supporters, tell us why the current president
is above the law
and can decide that we will NOT deport illegals unless the commit a crime?

(not to mention that the FIRST thing they did on our soil was commit a crime,
by coming here ILLEGALLY)

(This is indeed politics and not just illegal immigration which is why this is in this forum.)
Obama is a traitor that should be impeached, this clown is easily the worst president ever.

And I thought Bush Jr. was bad, but this (Obama) JOKE will sell out any and everyone to get re elected.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:57 PM

1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Funny, I thought "redneck" wasn't allowed on the forum.
Ah well, screw it! It refers to white people!
Oh, yeah, go run and tattle.

Quote:
You're missing the point:
Living here legally means you are paying taxes on your income, your house, etc.
They have paid into the system as much as you have.

Please dont' bring out the overused "but illegals pay taxes, too!"
No, they do not.
They are not here legally; they are not on any books.

...Well, unless they are using someone else's SS number, that is.

This is very hard for you to grasp.
Pity.
Yeah, they still pay them whether you like it or not. And if that's really your beef here, there's a super-simple solution that lets them pay all the taxes everyone else does in a totally legit fashion. Then all your complaints would be addressed. So, can I sign you up as a supporter?

Old 08-19-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
If you read earlier posts by the OP, he stated that he was opposed to "unskilled Mexicans" coming to the United States. And if you're honest with yourself, you're probably not picturing ICE agents breaking into a house and arresting a family of illegal Canadians when you imagine this law being enforced.

And no, it's not the law that you have to carry an ID card in the United States... you're thinking of another country in Europe during the 1930s.
Race card pulling, much? I want ICE to enter the homes of ALL illegals and detain them and then deport them!

It is the law that you have to have your DL with you while driving a car and to present it to LE if asked for it. Any sane person would carry I.D.with them at all times for various reasons whether it be required or not. It is for your own protection and doesn't make this Nazi Germany for it. If you don't want to carry I.D. with you and you are in a situation where you need it then don't complain if you are inconvenieced for awhile.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Please elaborate what's wrong with the analogy? I pointed out another law on the books that is not enforced.

As to your statement about it being moral to arrest non-violent people: I wholeheartedly disagree.

And I challenge you to reflect on whether using the justification that "some of these people could can...be carrying diseases..." is not a bigoted comment. Do you really think that Mexicans (that's what you're talking about, right) are infesting the United States with disease? Do you really believe that the government protects you from getting sick by arresting them?

As to the statement about terrorists, that could be another thread entirely, but do you really believe that ICE agents are arresting terrorists?
Oh please, drop the race card! It isn't only Mexicans coming through the border. That is one of the reasons that we have a legal immigration system so that immigrants will get health checks. No one is implying that these illegals are all desease ridden but what do you think the likelyhood is that at least some of them are? How are facts bigoted?

Old 08-19-2011, 03:06 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,124,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Excuse me but these people aren't "immigrants", they are illegal aliens. They aren't job creators they are job stealers. We take in a million legal immigrants a year. They can't help create jobs? It takes an uneducated, low skilled, non-English speaking illegal to create jobs in this country?

Yes, putting illegal aliens in jail (cages?, lol) and deporting them will free up jobs for Americans, duh.
Funny how you can "lol" about destroying lives. So, it sounds to me that you think there are a fixed amount of jobs in the United States, is that correct?

That argument is the premise for most wealth redistribution schemes... this one included. Though, it's a fallacy: There aren't a fixed amount of jobs in the country, or in the world for that matter.

I'm not sure that I should even address your claim that immigrants are stupid, since it's a racist argument. Instead, I'll suggest some introspection: What leads you to the conclusion that Mexicans who come to the United States aren't able to create jobs? Do you think that French or German immigrants all spoke English when they came to the United States at the turn of the 20th century? Do you think they were wealthy? Are you familiar with the businesses and lives that they created for themselves in the United States?

Old 08-19-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
When in history?... How about Native Americans? They were forced to relocate to reservations based on their ethnicity and nationality.

What am I babbling about? You're clearly not understanding, so let me try and spell it out: One should not be punished for refusing to enforce a law that is unjust.

Why is a million the right number? Because some bureaucrat decided so? Please explain how you feel that the government has such an amazing ability to determine the optimal amount of immigrants for an economy. Your faith in central planning is interesting.

As for immigrants being poor? Let me refer you to the Statue of Liberty:
Yeah, let's bring up the past now. Have you covered it all now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration