U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 08:21 PM

1,574 posts, read 788,884 times

Advertisements

Here, I'll do the work for you. The part you quoted only said there were laws concerning vaccinations. It made no claim that vaccinations are mandatory for americans.

If you read further along, you can see what these laws are!

Quote:
By law, parents, guardians, or patients must be given information in writing about the risks and benefits of vaccination before a vaccine is administered.
Ok, there's some of the laws! Mandating disclosure of vaccine info != mandating vaccinations.

Let's keep reading...

Quote:
Each state has immunization requirements, sometimes called "school laws," that must be met before a child may enter school.

In most states, a parent must bring written proof of a child's immunizations from the health provider or clinic at the time of school registration. If a required vaccination has not been obtained, and there is no health condition or religious objection preventing immunization, the child must receive the vaccinations before school entry.
And to chicagonut's point specifically about travelling abroad:

Quote:
Immunizations were once required for persons traveling overseas. None are required at this time, but some vaccinations are recommended.
In conclusion, thanks for that link, which disproved your position.

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:26 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,711,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Children only have to get them in certain areas if they're going to public school. And there are ways to avoid them even then. Of course, that's also mentioned on the website you linked. For someone who pretends to be a lawyer on the internet, you don't check your sources very well.
I don't pretend to be anything on the internet, you assume things based on your own opinion.
The government does require children to be vaccinated, each state also has immunization requirements for children. Parents may be able to avoid the legal requirements for vaccinating their children based on medical exemptions, religious reasons, or philosophical objection. What you are now attempting to use to back up your claim is "exemptions".
There are also federally mandated vaccine requirements for non-citizens.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Here, I'll do the work for you. The part you quoted only said there were laws concerning vaccinations. It made no claim that vaccinations are mandatory for americans.

If you read further along, you can see what these laws are!

Ok, there's some of the laws! Mandating disclosure of vaccine info != mandating vaccinations.

Let's keep reading...

And to chicagonut's point specifically about travelling abroad:

In conclusion, thanks for that link, which disproved your position.

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL.
You are again attempting to change your original claim: There's no requirement that US citizens be immunized.
State laws requiring immunizations for children certainly looks like a requirement, since most children here are citizens and all citizen children must get these state required vaccines; I mean every state has these laws. There are "exemptions" to these laws (requirements), but that doesn't change the fact that they are required by law.
Maybe you should have phrased your claim much more precisely.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
You are again attempting to change your original claim: There's no requirement that US citizens be immunized.
State laws requiring immunizations for children certainly looks like a requirement, since most children here are citizens and all citizen children must get these state required vaccines; I mean every state has these laws. There are "exemptions" to these laws (requirements), but that doesn't change the fact that they are required by law.
Maybe you should have phrased your claim much more precisely.
lol, keep digging. If you want to get all lawyery, state laws do not place requirements on citizens in the general sense. My kids are not required to get vaccinations and I didn't have to get any exemptions (they're immunized, btw).

Old 08-19-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
lol, keep digging. If you want to get all lawyery, state laws do not place requirements on citizens in the general sense. My kids are not required to get vaccinations and I didn't have to get any exemptions (they're immunized, btw).
Now you see how your game is played. Immunization, vaccine, not the same are they? That "lawyery"[sp - lawyerly] stuff is all in your head, keep bouncing it around in there, you might be able to play pong by yourself.

Old 08-20-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Now you see how your game is played. Immunization, vaccine, not the same are they? That "lawyery"[sp - lawyerly] stuff is all in your head, keep bouncing it around in there, you might be able to play pong by yourself.
Did you delete part of this before posting it? Because what you actually posted doesn't make any sesne.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:07 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
If your kids attend schools in this country (public and private) they are required to be vaccinated.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If your kids attend schools in this country (public and private) they are required to be vaccinated.
Not true.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:24 PM

1,759 posts, read 1,696,625 times
Quote:
I am 100% in favor of immunizations and the anti-vaccine crowd grates on me.
However, your post is incorrect:

Quote:

http://www.healthystates.csg.org/NR/...mptionsLPB.pdf
Exemptions to State Immunization Requirements
All states permit exemptions to school and day care immunization requirements for medical reasons.
There is no constitutional requirement for states to offer nonmedical exemptions
Forty-eight states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico allow a religious exemption to vaccination (all but Mississippi and West Virginia).
A religious exemption allows parents toexempt their children from immunization if it contradicts their religious beliefs
As of 2004, 20 states allowed for personal belief or philosophical exemptions--
allows for an exemption based on “moral, philosophical or other personal beliefs.”

Old 08-20-2011, 12:28 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Amazingly this has gone (off-topic) from a false statement about U.S. citizens (other than servicemembers) being required to be vaccinated before traveling outside the country, to a statement about kids (whom are not all U.S. citizens) being required to be vaccinated to attend school in the country...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration