U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2011, 09:46 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, the president cannot change immigration policy, congress does. We don't live under a dictatorship where our president can do as he pleases...
President Clinton changed immigration policy to be more strict. On the face of it, it appears that Democrats among the recent Presidents have had a tighter control of immigration policies than Republicans. Are we supposed to believe there isn´t something more to calls for impeachment when some here can´t properly identify Obama as a President?

Old 08-20-2011, 10:11 PM

5,200 posts, read 4,109,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
More clarification: I do not have ¨a personal relationship¨ with any other member at City-Data. My comment is from an example of my own kids, whom attend school in the United States, and are not U.S. citizens. There are no assumptions on my part whether someone´s children are or are not U.S. citizens.

My own kids, as a good many here, were vaccinated for free by the state...

Isn´t that some kind of ¨welfare¨?...
Yes, that is a form of welfare.

I think he was saying that if he knew you personally, he would have known your children weren't citizens.

Old 08-20-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Yes, that is a form of welfare.

I think he was saying that if he knew you personally, he would have known your children weren't citizens.
If you are referring to ¨Benicar¨in any way, you should say ¨she¨...

That said, I´m thoroughly confused on whom you are trying to identify...

Old 08-20-2011, 11:21 PM

5,200 posts, read 4,109,217 times
Quote:
If you are referring to ¨Benicar¨in any way, you should say ¨she¨...

That said, I´m thoroughly confused on whom you are trying to identify...
Thank you, my error, it was Benicar.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:03 AM

18,290 posts, read 18,545,587 times
It's hard to understand the side-tracking posts here (like immuniztions) when the posts mentioning the fact that work permits are going to be issued to illegals are pretty much ignored.
Do you really think that will add to the tax base or will it result in no new taxes but a whole new segment that will receive bonus money in the form of the Earned Income Credit?

Old 08-21-2011, 07:15 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
President Clinton changed immigration policy to be more strict. On the face of it, it appears that Democrats among the recent Presidents have had a tighter control of immigration policies than Republicans. Are we supposed to believe there isn´t something more to calls for impeachment when some here can´t properly identify Obama as a President?
I don't know exactly what Clinton did in regards to stricter immigration policies and if it was done without congress approval but I wouldn't call making stricter policies the same thing as stopping the enforcement of our immigration laws without approval of congress.

Most of the Democrats are for amnesty and stopping deportations and that is just a fact. Obama has been promising amnesty since he got elected. He couldn't get it through congress so he decided to do it through executive order. He said he wouldn't do that a few months ago. He said that wouldn't be right. Well he did a turnabout and did it anyway.

If you are referring to the birthers in your last remark many Republicans/Teapartiers aren't birthers. They do want Obama impeached for this back door amnesty that he just pulled, however.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:51 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
These are Obama's exact words in July on this year.

44 Magnum wrote:

It remains to be seen How and Even If they will respond to this message.

[SIZE=5]I believe this is how they responded to treason![/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]King, Miller Statement on Obama Administration Decision to Limit Enforcement of Federal Immigration Laws
[/SIZE]Media Contact: (202) 226-8417
Aug 19, 2011

Washington, D.C. – Today, U.S. Rep. Peter T. King (R-NY), Chairman of the Committee on Homeland Security, and Rep. Candice Miller (R-MI), Chairman of the Subcommittee on Border and Maritime Security, issued the following statement in response to the Obama Administration’s Thursday announcement that it would limit enforcement of federal immigration laws:

“This new non-enforcement policy announced by the Obama Administration Thursday is a blatant attempt to grant amnesty to potentially millions of illegal aliens in this country, and is totally unacceptable.

“In reality, this decision to vastly expand the exercise of ‘prosecutorial discretion’ in enforcing our federal immigration laws means that the Administration will now be, in a huge number of cases, simply ignoring those laws.

“The President and members of his Administration must enforce this nation’s laws, just as they have sworn in their oaths of office to do.

“On July 25, in a speech to the National Council of La Raza, the President himself said, ‘I know some people want me to bypass Congress and change the laws on my own…but that’s not how our system works…That’s not how our democracy functions. That’s not how our Constitution is written."

Apparently the President’s understanding of how our system of government works has changed since last month.

Old 08-22-2011, 03:29 AM
Yac

5,875 posts, read 6,293,306 times
I can't really stop you all from posting off topic posts ... but I can close this thread because of it. I might also leave it open and restrict someone from posting for trolling and trying to hijack the thread. Think about it.
Yac.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:26 AM

19,362 posts, read 13,027,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Lefties love law breakers. They provide as much cover and propaganda for them as they can.
Righties love breaking the law just as much. When it comes to Mexican illegals, both parties love to hug them or kick them, depending on how much they are needed at the moment.
Both parties loved those Mexican lawbreakers to pieces in World War II, when we needed them to harvest our crops, and both parties instantly hated the same lawbreakers when they weren't needed after the war was over.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Righties love breaking the law just as much. When it comes to Mexican illegals, both parties love to hug them or kick them, depending on how much they are needed at the moment.
Both parties loved those Mexican lawbreakers to pieces in World War II, when we needed them to harvest our crops, and both parties instantly hated the same lawbreakers when they weren't needed after the war was over.
Can we take the nationality out of it, to just say "illegal aliens"?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration