U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 07:11 AM

1,281 posts, read 2,822,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
"Prioritizing" is just a nice little sounding word actually meaning not carrying out the duties of your Office. I'm tired of this newspeak used to make things sound different than they really are.

Those is Office are there to do a job- Do it!

Those here illegally ought to be in fear of deportation every day.
We have no need for "reform" (another cuddly sounding word) but enforcement to the letter of the Law.
The Obama Justice Department has deported more people than anytime in history.

President Obama has an extended family in Kenya, most of them he does not know. I have an extended family in Wales, Ireland and England. I have ancestors who came to the U.S. on the Mayflower ships. If one of those relatives is in the U.S. illegally, am I responsible?

Obama barely knew his father and met his Kenyan grandmother when he was in his 20's. It is a very large family. His father had several wives and numerous children. How is he responsible for the acts of distant relatives?

For those who think you can really file suit against the president, that shows why you think Obama is responsible for people he does not know. You cannot sue the President of the United States (POTUS). POTUS has sovereign immunity.

I supposed you also do not know what "High Cimes and Misdemeanors" means either. Obama has not committed an impeachable offense. Impeach means the trial, not the removal from office.

This is scary that so many people can vote who know nothing about a subject, let their imaginations run away with them, and live in a fantasy world. That's how we get the quality of a GWB. If you liked GWB, you'll love Rick Perry. He's GWB without the intelligence and ethics.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:19 AM

Deportation of illegal immigrants increases under Obama administration

This was in 2010:

Quote:
The Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency expects to deport about 400,000 people this fiscal year, nearly 10 percent above the Bush administration's 2008 total and 25 percent more than were deported in 2007. The pace of company audits has roughly quadrupled since President George W. Bush's final year in office.

The effort is part of President Obama's larger project "to make our national laws actually work," as he put it in a speech this month at American University. Partly designed to entice Republicans to support comprehensive immigration reform, the mission is proving difficult and politically perilous.
Homeland Security has also deployed CIA and former military to the Mexican border that are helping Mexico catch Cartel members. It is illegal for foreign military to enter Mexico so the U.S. is sending non-uniformed mercenaries into Mexico. I bet Xe, formerly Blackwater, is also on call.

Obama does things quietly. He doesn't crow and thump his chest like our cowboy presidents of the past.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:16 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axixic2 View Post
Deportation of illegal immigrants increases under Obama administration

This was in 2010:

Homeland Security has also deployed CIA and former military to the Mexican border that are helping Mexico catch Cartel members. It is illegal for foreign military to enter Mexico so the U.S. is sending non-uniformed mercenaries into Mexico. I bet Xe, formerly Blackwater, is also on call.

Obama does things quietly. He doesn't crow and thump his chest like our cowboy presidents of the past.
I see you left out the part where Obama is exempting 300,000 illegals from deportation because they haven't been "convicted" of a serious crime/felony and is actually giving them work permits. That is only the tip of the iceberg. As more and more of these types are caught more and more will become exempt from deportation and given work permits to take American jobs. Obama is just trying to appease both sides by deporting serious criminals and yet leaving the rest alone.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I see you left out the part where Obama is exempting 300,000 illegals from deportation because they haven't been "convicted" of a serious crime/felony and is actually giving them work permits. That is only the tip of the iceberg. As more and more of these types are caught more and more will become exempt from deportation and given work permits to take American jobs. Obama is just trying to appease both sides by deporting serious criminals and yet leaving the rest alone.
The Administration is not allowing 300,000 illegal immigrants work visas. You need to get information from something other than Faux News.

The people have to be in incarceration now. It's not a future event. They are approved on a case by case basis. They have to either be qualified for the proposed Dream Act, married to a U.S. citizen, or served in the armed forces. Not all 300,000 are automatically approved. Not all are Mexican. I guess a Mexican illegal alien who risked his life for the U.S. by serving in the military shouldn't be given a hearing if he wants to stay in the U.S. Why don't you look up the Medal of Honor recipients and you will find a disproportionate amount of Medals going to people with Hispanic names. "You can die for my country but you can't live here."

Don't ever wonder why the rest of the world thinks U.S. citizens are jerks. We are jerks.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
The Administration is not allowing 300,000 illegal immigrants work visas. You need to get information from something other than Faux News.

The people have to be in incarceration now. It's not a future event. They are approved on a case by case basis. They have to either be qualified for the proposed Dream Act, married to a U.S. citizen, or served in the armed forces. Not all 300,000 are automatically approved. Not all are Mexican. I guess a Mexican illegal alien who risked his life for the U.S. by serving in the military shouldn't be given a hearing if he wants to stay in the U.S. Why don't you look up the Medal of Honor recipients and you will find a disproportionate amount of Medals going to people with Hispanic names. "You can die for my country but you can't live here."

Don't ever wonder why the rest of the world thinks U.S. citizens are jerks. We are jerks.
I have no idea who "Faux News" is. I get my information from government sources most of the time. I am aware of all of the criteria you have pointed out. Most that would be eligible would be Mexicans and other Latinos however, because it is their ethnic group that are here in the largest numbers illegally.

Illegal aliens cannot serve in the military so I don't know why you or the Obama administration are exempting military vets when they aren't even a part of the equasion.

I don't care what the rest of the world thinks of our nation but it is shameful for a U.S. citizen to call their own nation "jerks".

Old 09-01-2011, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I have no idea who "Faux News" is. I get my information from government sources most of the time. I am aware of all of the criteria you have pointed out. Most that would be eligible would be Mexicans and other Latinos however, because it is their ethnic group that are here in the largest numbers illegally.

Illegal aliens cannot serve in the military so I don't know why you or the Obama administration are exempting military vets when they aren't even a part of the equasion.

I don't care what the rest of the world thinks of our nation but it is shameful for a U.S. citizen to call their own nation "jerks".
Illegal Immigration and the U.S. Military: The Challenge of Reconciliation « National Latina/o Law Student Association Blog

You can die for us Sgt. Lopez, but you can't eat at our table.

Quote:
The Wall Street Journal (WSJ) recently reported the story of decorated soldier Luis Lopez, who served 10 years in the U.S. Army, including deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. According to his commander, Mr. Lopez was “a critical part of the success of his unit fighting the global war on terrorism” and has over a dozen awards to prove it.

Up until last week, the 28-year-old staff sergeant was also an undocumented immigrant. Mr. Lopez was discharged from the Army in late December after he informed military officials that he applied for U.S. citizenship. His illegal status—Mr. Lopez arrived from Mexico at the age of 8—prevented him from seeking employment while waiting for immigration officials to review his case.
Quote:
As the article points out, this highlights the federal government’s “seemingly inconsistent” stance on immigration and the military. Undocumented immigrants cannot legally enlist in the armed forces, but if they find a way to do so, they are given an opportunity to seek naturalization.
What jobs are available that you good people, and I bet most of your families entered the U.S. illegally or wouldn't qualify by today's standards, can't get because a Mexican got it instead? Picking avocados? You wanted that job? Probably all most Obama haters are qualified to do but God knows they wouldn't do anything so beneath them.

I call the people in the U.S. who are hate addicts, racists, etc., jerks and the next time we need someone's help, and we've needed help too many times, I hope the rest of the World tells the U.S., "No, you people are jerks." Maybe then you will care about being a good neighbor and a good World citizen.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Illegal Immigration and the U.S. Military: The Challenge of Reconciliation « National Latina/o Law Student Association Blog

You can die for us Sgt. Lopez, but you can't eat at our table.

What jobs are available that you good people, and I bet most of your families entered the U.S. illegally or wouldn't qualify by today's standards, can't get because a Mexican got it instead? Picking avocados? You wanted that job? Probably all most Obama haters are qualified to do but God knows they wouldn't do anything so beneath them.

I call the people in the U.S. who are hate addicts, racists, etc., jerks and the next time we need someone's help, and we've needed help too many times, I hope the rest of the World tells the U.S., "No, you people are jerks." Maybe then you will care about being a good neighbor and a good World citizen.
The only way that an illegal alien can join the military is to present false documents (a felony) or to have found a recruiter who wasn't following the laws of enlistment. I don't find either scenario honorable.

You would bet wrong! Most who immigrated here from Europe did so legally. Oh please, not the crop picking argument again. There are unlimited H-2A visas for legal foreign crop pickers but the greedy farmers want the cheap, illegal labor instead. Only 3% of illegals are picking crops anyway. The other 97% are doing jobs that American will do for a fair wage.

I am not an Obama hater. I just think he has failed as a president (and there have been a few Republican presidents that were failures also). I don't agree with the Democrat party's policies either but that doesn't make me or others "haters". If you truly hated racists you would recognize the racism among the ethnocentric illegal alien supporters. If I were advocating for millions of illegal alien white people or the Polish (since my ancestors are from Poland) I would consider myself a racist for putting them above the laws of the country.

We take in 1.2 million legal immigrants per year and are the most generous nation on this earth as far as foreign aid goes and yet to you we are "jerks"? Perhaps you should move to another country of your liking then and with that I wish you a nice life there. Don't let the door hit you.....

Old 09-01-2011, 03:07 PM

1,759 posts, read 1,697,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
But from where I sit, those throwing stones at Obama have no credibility when they remained silent when Bush was doing exactly the same thing.
I threw boulders at Bush.
I throw them at Obama as well.

I can't believe we've screwed up this badly in the past decade or so
AND
that there's no one on the horizon who looks like they can fix any of it!

They're all awful; throw them all out and start over.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
I threw boulders at Bush.
I throw them at Obama as well.

I can't believe we've screwed up this badly in the past decade or so
AND
that there's no one on the horizon who looks like they can fix any of it!

They're all awful; throw them all out and start over.
As did I. I had no use for Bush. He failed as a president also and I admit this as a conservative American.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:12 PM

1,759 posts, read 1,697,443 times
Quote:
I bet most of your families entered the U.S. illegally

You may want to do some reading up on the waves of legal immigration during the 19th and 20th centuries.
We'll still be here when you're done; get back to us.

Probably all most Obama haters are qualified to do but God knows they wouldn't do anything so beneath them.

Why do you care which Americans disagree with the American president and why?
Deal with your own president.

I love when people in Mexico preach about what we should do,
how we should handle our foreign policy,
how we should handle our immigration laws.

What they need to do is enjoy the downtrodden life over there and zip their yap about our issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration