U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-05-2011, 03:45 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,164,022 times
Reputation: 601

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
this may not be impeachable, but it sure is disgraceful:

as reported by our treasury dept-


Individuals Who Are Not Authorized to Work in the United States Were Paid $4.2 Billion in Refundable Credits


illegal immigrants sucking up tax dollars with no end in sight, in a recession, with falling wages, rising unemployment, and rising social costs.

not only that, but TIGTA found claims by ITIN filers have increased from $924 million in Processing Year 2005 (the calendar year in which the tax return was processed) to $4.2 billion in Processing Year 2010. (that is over QUADRUPLE the amount from 2005)


they are greedy, and they have no shame.

and this administration is ENCOURAGING them. SHAME ON ALL OF THEM.
Two full topics on this already, you´re late to the party...

It´s tax credit refunds lawfully claimed...

Why does it come down to Obama being impeached for a tax process already in place before he took office?...

What say does he have in this?...

 
Old 09-06-2011, 03:49 AM
 
12,870 posts, read 13,151,611 times
Reputation: 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Two full topics on this already, you´re late to the party...

It´s tax credit refunds lawfully claimed...

Why does it come down to Obama being impeached for a tax process already in place before he took office?...

What say does he have in this?...
i believe that he was in congress before he became president.

i also believe that congressmen can write laws if they want change.

evidently, obama does not want change.

oh, he did write laws for the DREAM act and for forgiveness of foreign debt. (again as part of his GLOBALISM agenda, which we can all see clearly now)

i am tired of obama's pity party.

now as the president, he circumvents our laws to get his way WHEN HE WANTS TO: (richman)
What did he do? Like an autocrat, he committed U.S. military forces to a civil war in a foreign country without asking for a congressional declaration, as the U.S. Constitution requires, and even without complying with the less-stringent requirements of the 1973 War Powers Resolution. Under that law, a president may send troops into a war only in “a national emergency created by attack upon the United States, its territories or possessions, or its armed forces.” Obviously that was not the case with Libya. There was never a threat to the United States, and Obama did not even pretend there was. He himself said the purpose of the air mission he and his NATO allies staged was merely to protect Libyan civilians.

The Obama administration brushed off this objection by saying that it can use force unilaterally in “the national interest,” a hopelessly vague standard found nowhere in any law.

The War Powers Resolution goes on to say that once a president has committed troops on his own say-so, he must obtain congressional authorization within 60 days. That deadline passed long ago. Obama never asked for or received formal authorization. Under those circumstances, he had 30 more days to disengage from the military operation. He has not done that.

How much flouting of a simple law can one man be guilty of?

With typical arrogance, the administration says the War Powers Resolution is irrelevant because the Libyan civil war does not constitute “hostilities.”

So on top of this flagrant lawlessness, Obama insults the intelligence of the American people.
 
Old 09-06-2011, 04:31 AM
 
Location: Axixic, Jalisco, MX
1,285 posts, read 2,924,837 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
i believe that he was in congress before he became president.

i also believe that congressmen can write laws if they want change.
Obama was never a congressman. He was the junior senator from Illinois.
Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Dream Act was written before Obama was in the Senate and sponsored and co-sponsored by Republicans
DREAM Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The DREAM Act (acronym for Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors) is an American legislative proposal first introduced in the Senate on August 1, 2001 and most recently on May 11, 2011, when the bill was re-introduced in the US Senate. Sponsor of this bill S1291 8/1/2001 Senator (R) Orrin Hatch (UT), and S.1545 7/31/2003 Sponsor Orrin Hatch (R) Utah, with co-sponsor John McCain (R) AZ in 108th Congress 2003-2004.
Quote:
The Obama administration brushed off this objection by saying that it can use force unilaterally in “the national interest,” a hopelessly vague standard found nowhere in any law.
Congress will not take the War Powers Act to the courts and sue a president to enforce the WPA. The WPA will be ruled unconstitutional by the courts and Congress knows that based on previous decisions like INS v. Chadha. The WPA is unconstitutional and all presidents have ignored it since it was written.

Are you complaining that Obama refused to obey an unconstitutional law, after all he was a Constitutional Law professor?

Quote:
So on top of this flagrant lawlessness, Obama insults the intelligence of the American people.
You mean insults the lack of intelligence of people who do not know or understand the law or do not have any grasp of the president's history? Those people embarrass themselves. It is hard to insult the intelligence of people who would owe points on an I.Q. test.
 
Old 09-06-2011, 05:22 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,330 posts, read 19,559,598 times
Reputation: 18436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Isn't the president part of the executive branch?
And should be enforcing the laws of the country?

Can anyone, esp. O supporters, tell us why the current president
is above the law
and can decide that we will NOT deport illegals unless the commit a crime?

(not to mention that the FIRST thing they did on our soil was commit a crime,
by coming here ILLEGALLY)

(This is indeed politics and not just illegal immigration which is why this is in this forum.)
I'm still trying to figure out how George Bush and his hapless administration allowed this to continue unabated. This over 8 years, two terms.

Your criticism of President Obama in this regard is both meaningless and misguided IMO. If Bush didn't get impeached, why should this superior President? Absurd, these threads.
 
Old 09-06-2011, 06:06 AM
 
Location: Axixic, Jalisco, MX
1,285 posts, read 2,924,837 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Good! Then you really have no excuse not to relocate to a country that has a culture you can adapt to. It'll be great for you, you would be surrounded by nothing but hispanic culture, your language, the whole bit. No more need to live in a "gringo" (as you say) culture and country, a country built by gringos.
You already know malamute that I am an American living in Mexico in an area with at least 6,000 U.S. expat permanent residents and in the winter, it swells to more than 20,000.

I didn't notice there is something wrong with Hispanic culture. Can you explain what is wrong?

My family came to Texas with Austin, the first "White" settlers in Texas when it was still Mexico. Texas has a large and wonderful Hispanic culture and past. Spanish is a dominate language in San Antonio. I guess my relatives who were born in Texas/Mexico were Mexicans so that make me part Mexican.

Here in Mexico we are surrounded by Mexican culture and shopping like Wal-Mart (going there today), Home Depot, Sam's, Costco, Applebees, Krispy Kreme, etc, and all those other Mexican type stores.

Why don't you learn something about Mexico before you start spewing your hate about it?
 
Old 09-06-2011, 06:14 AM
 
47,573 posts, read 60,694,455 times
Reputation: 22283
Quote:
Originally Posted by axixic2 View Post
You already know malamute that I am an American living in Mexico in an area with at least 6,000 U.S. expat permanent residents and in the winter, it swells to more than 20,000.

I didn't notice there is something wrong with Hispanic culture. Can you explain what is wrong?

My family came to Texas with Austin, the first "White" settlers in Texas when it was still Mexico. Texas has a large and wonderful Hispanic culture and past. Spanish is a dominate language in San Antonio. I guess my relatives who were born in Texas/Mexico were Mexicans so that make me part Mexican.

Here in Mexico we are surrounded by Mexican culture and shopping like Wal-Mart (going there today), Home Depot, Sam's, Costco, Applebees, Krispy Kreme, etc, and all those other Mexican type stores.

Why don't you learn something about Mexico before you start spewing your hate about it?
There's nothing wrong with hispanic culture in a hispanic country, just like there is nothing wrong with American culture in the USA.

If I relocated permanently to a hispanic country, I would learn Spanish and not expect everyone to adapt to my ways, I would simply adapt to their ways and that's what those moving to the USA need to do.

The USA is not a hispanic country, those who prefer living in a hispanic culture certainly have plenty of choices - something like 22 choices.

In the western hemiphere, there aren't that many English speaking nations, the USA, Canada, Barbados, and couple others. You prefer living in a hispanic culture and are living in Mexico -- that's great and that's what I suggest others do.

That's why we have many countries each with their own cultures.
 
Old 09-06-2011, 06:25 AM
 
Location: Axixic, Jalisco, MX
1,285 posts, read 2,924,837 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Isn't the president part of the executive branch?
And should be enforcing the laws of the country?

Can anyone, esp. O supporters, tell us why the current president
is above the law
and can decide that we will NOT deport illegals unless the commit a crime?

(not to mention that the FIRST thing they did on our soil was commit a crime,
by coming here ILLEGALLY)

(This is indeed politics and not just illegal immigration which is why this is in this forum.)
Can you explain why people who hate Obama know so little about the government and write so poorly?

First, the presidency is the Executive Branch, not part of it.

Second, Congress writes the law, the Justice Department investigates and brings charges, the Judicial Branch enforces the laws.

Third, the president hasn't violated any laws.

Fourth, this Justice Department has deported more illegal aliens than any in history. They are after the criminals first. Wouldn't you rather they spend their time prioritizing and kicking out the most dangerous first?

Fifth, many "illegal aliens" were brought to the U.S. as children and would not be deported if the Dream Act, originally supported by Republicans, was passed.

The crazy, wild-eyed, Glen Beck, zombie followers would have gone nuts if Obama had ignored the Debt Ceiling Law and ordered the Treasury to pay the bills using the authority of the 14th Amendment. The Debt Ceiling Law is unconstitutional and there would have been nothing Congress could have done about it. The Beck zombies would have gone rabid over that one.
 
Old 09-06-2011, 06:36 AM
 
Location: Axixic, Jalisco, MX
1,285 posts, read 2,924,837 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
There's nothing wrong with hispanic culture in a hispanic country, just like there is nothing wrong with American culture in the USA.

If I relocated permanently to a hispanic country, I would learn Spanish and not expect everyone to adapt to my ways, I would simply adapt to their ways and that's what those moving to the USA need to do.

The USA is not a hispanic country, those who prefer living in a hispanic culture certainly have plenty of choices - something like 22 choices.

In the western hemiphere, there aren't that many English speaking nations, the USA, Canada, Barbados, and couple others. You prefer living in a hispanic culture and are living in Mexico -- that's great and that's what I suggest others do.

That's why we have many countries each with their own cultures.
You are saying that there is something wrong with San Antonio where Spanish is spoken about as much as it is in Mexico? Many parts of the SW, originally part of Mexico, are still heavily Hispanic and Spanish is the dominate language. They speak English, but Spanish is the preferred language among them. I know people born in the U.S. who didn't learn English until they started school.

I don't expect everyone to adapt to my ways. I speak a bad Spanglish but non-English speakers can understand me, because they try. Many Mexicans here speak English. English is the Universal language spoken everywhere in the world.

I like Mexico. I also like my native U.S.A. Why should it be an either/or?

I think you need to get out and see more of the world. It is all blending together and in a few decades it will be hard to travel from one country to another and see large differences between the countries.
 
Old 09-06-2011, 06:44 AM
 
12,870 posts, read 13,151,611 times
Reputation: 4453
Quote:
Originally Posted by axixic2 View Post
Obama was never a congressman. He was the junior senator from Illinois.
Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Dream Act was written before Obama was in the Senate and sponsored and co-sponsored by Republicans
DREAM Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia





Congress will not take the War Powers Act to the courts and sue a president to enforce the WPA. The WPA will be ruled unconstitutional by the courts and Congress knows that based on previous decisions like INS v. Chadha. The WPA is unconstitutional and all presidents have ignored it since it was written.

Are you complaining that Obama refused to obey an unconstitutional law, after all he was a Constitutional Law professor?



You mean insults the lack of intelligence of people who do not know or understand the law or do not have any grasp of the president's history? Those people embarrass themselves. It is hard to insult the intelligence of people who would owe points on an I.Q. test.
you do know that congress is composed of the senate and the house?
 
Old 09-06-2011, 06:48 AM
 
Location: Axixic, Jalisco, MX
1,285 posts, read 2,924,837 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
you do know that congress is composed of the senate and the house?
You wrote:
Quote:
i also believe that congressmen can write laws if they want change.
Senators are not called a Congressmen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top