U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 07:42 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
There is no one for whom to use our votes.
They are all after the almighty dollar and power.

Those against the Nazi regime, too, would have been considered "lawless."
There is no comparison between returning people to their own beloved homelands and putting them in gas chambers. It's such an absurd comparison it doesn't even need to be mentioned.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:17 AM

1,759 posts, read 1,696,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
There is no comparison between returning people to their own beloved homelands and putting them in gas chambers. It's such an absurd comparison it doesn't even need to be mentioned.
The comparison was how the gov't runs, expects its people to act, and views itself.

Blindly following the gov't just because it is the gov't, falling into lock-step, etc.

I do not need to "respect the office of the presidency" when there is a tyrant in there, as there has been for the past 11 years,
I do not need to fall into lock-step to follow the policies of the businesspeople that have been voted-in, who do NOT represent us,
I do not need to be a pawn of the gov't.

This has nothing to do with gas chambers.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:22 AM

19,712 posts, read 11,013,106 times
Quote:

I do not need to "respect the office of the presidency" when there is a tyrant in there...
Please illustrate how Obama is a tyrant?

The dictionary defines "tyrant" as:
1. An absolute ruler who governs without restrictions.
2. A ruler who exercises power in a harsh, cruel manner.
3. An oppressive, harsh, arbitrary person.

Old 09-08-2011, 08:25 AM

1,759 posts, read 1,696,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

You're right.
He's too wimpy to be an actual tyrant right now.

He's a tyrant-in-training, though.

Neither he nor Bush cared a bit for what We the People want,
only their own special interests,
and God forbid you disagree with them.
With Bush it was "being disrespectful" and with Obama it's "being a racist."

We have a president, not a king.
And I will not act as though we have a king.
The French Revolution does come to mind, though.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:28 AM

1,281 posts, read 2,819,737 times
Quote:
You're right.
He's too wimpy to be an actual tyrant right now.

He's a tyrant-in-training, though.

Neither he nor Bush cared a bit for what We the People want,
only their own special interests,
and God forbid you disagree with them.
With Bush it was "being disrespectful" and with Obama it's "being a racist."

We have a president, not a king.
And I will not act as though we have a king.
The French Revolution does come to mind, though.
Do you understand the it is impossible for the president to be a tyrant in the U.S.?

When you consider the strengths of the 3 branches of government, the presidency is the weakest.

The Legislative Branch can remove the president.
The Executive Branch cannot remove anyone in the Legislative Branch.
The Judicial Branch can negate any laws the Legislative and Executive Branches pass.
A member of the Judicial Branch can be removed from the bench but it is more difficult than removing a president, and their jobs are for life.
There is almost no way to remove a member of the Supreme Court.

The branch that is the strongest is the Judicial Branch, then Legislative, then Executive.

If you think the president is a tyrant, your legislators are allowing it, because it is impossible under the U.S. Constitution.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:48 AM

12,870 posts, read 12,772,010 times
i don't see obama as a tyrant, just a hypocrite.

i think what makes people mad about the whole illegal immigration debate is how he is trying to play both sides on the issue. he tells his democratic supporters that yes, he is deporting more illegals while, at the same time, he is fighting battles with states trying to enforce immigration laws and forcing taxpayers to pay for those fights.

he talks about the rich giving more and more taxation yet, at the same time, he won't shell money out of his own pocket to keep his deadbeat relatives off the public dole.

they are actual relatives and obama is a rich man (australian):

In 2008, The Times mounted a search for Uncle Omar. Instead of finding him, we discovered his sister, President Obama's Auntie Zeituni, who was living as an illegal immigrant on a Boston housing estate. Uncle Omar and Auntie Zeituni are the children of President Obama's grandfather Hussein Onyango Obama, by his third wife Sarah, the woman President Obama calls "Granny", because she raised his father, Barack Sr, who was Hussein Obama's son by Hussein's second wife, Akumu. (end)

why would obama want to burden the taxpayers further ? why can't he support them instead of shifting them off to the taxpayers? he would rather make total strangers provide for his deadbeat relatives. it just proves that liberals like obama are only after redistribution of OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY.

and the other issue is why are they still in the country illegally sponging off ANYBODY when they have had deportation orders in place.

what is the good of law if you don't enforce it?

Old 09-09-2011, 08:04 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

Well he fits a lot of those.

In spite of millions of unemployed Americans who cannot send their kids to college and who are losing their homes and futures, Obama is ramming more globalism through, promising everything to illegals because that's the cheap labor his beloved greedy cheap labor types want. I think that's very cruel to the many unemployed Americans including the high number of unemployed black Americans.

It's pretty cruel when a leader of a nation sells out his own people for the interests of the cheap labor side and the globalist masters who want this nation destroyed and remade into a cheap labor NAU that brings them very high profits.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i don't see obama as a tyrant, just a hypocrite.

i think what makes people mad about the whole illegal immigration debate is how he is trying to play both sides on the issue. he tells his democratic supporters that yes, he is deporting more illegals while, at the same time, he is fighting battles with states trying to enforce immigration laws and forcing taxpayers to pay for those fights.

he talks about the rich giving more and more taxation yet, at the same time, he won't shell money out of his own pocket to keep his deadbeat relatives off the public dole.

they are actual relatives and obama is a rich man (australian):

In 2008, The Times mounted a search for Uncle Omar. Instead of finding him, we discovered his sister, President Obama's Auntie Zeituni, who was living as an illegal immigrant on a Boston housing estate. Uncle Omar and Auntie Zeituni are the children of President Obama's grandfather Hussein Onyango Obama, by his third wife Sarah, the woman President Obama calls "Granny", because she raised his father, Barack Sr, who was Hussein Obama's son by Hussein's second wife, Akumu. (end)

why would obama want to burden the taxpayers further ? why can't he support them instead of shifting them off to the taxpayers? he would rather make total strangers provide for his deadbeat relatives. it just proves that liberals like obama are only after redistribution of OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY.

and the other issue is why are they still in the country illegally sponging off ANYBODY when they have had deportation orders in place.

what is the good of law if you don't enforce it?
The President barely knows these people and is only slightly related to them. They are the half brother and sister of his father, another person he barely knew. Not supporting people who are not really related to you or people you don't know, is not hypocritical. Has he told others to support distant relatives who are strangers? No, so he is not a hypocrite.

How many distant relatives do you support?

The aunt lives in a state supported housing project. Obama hasn't seen her in years and the last time was when she paid her way from Kenya way to see him sworn in as a Senator. Until he was notified about her illegal status, he did not know she was still in the country.

His grandfather had three wives and many children. His father had three wives and Obama has half brothers and sisters he has never met.

What does "obama is a rich man (australian)" mean? It is no secret that Michelle Obama was a successful attorney and Obama wrote two best selling books before he became president.

The president is not going to step into the deportation or non-deportation hearings of these people. He can't legally do that and he has enough problems without getting himself in trouble over people he does not know, socialize with or who are actual relatives. The half aunt was given a pass because of health problems. The uncle will probably be deported. Obama doesn't need the headache and will be glad to see him go.

If you want millionaires and billionaires to keep paying less percentage of their incomes in taxes than their secretaries, great but I think that is foolish and so do billionaires Buffet and Gates.

Quote:
he is fighting battles with states trying to enforce immigration laws and forcing taxpayers to pay for those fights.
The states do not have a legal right to enforce immigration. That is a federal power and whenever a state usurps federal power, the Justice Department must sue to stop it. That's just the way it is under this president or any president. Eisenhower sent in seasoned troops to protect kids to integrate schools after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that there is no separate but equal. The states thought they could segregate and the federal government said they can't. Federal law trumps state law. It's the Supremacy Code.

Obama denies knowing aunt's illegal status - politics - Decision '08 - Barack Obama News - msnbc.com

Quote:
Obama's father, Barack Obama Sr., left the future presidential nominee when the boy was 2, and they reunited only once — for a month long visit when Obama was 10. The elder Obama lived most of his life in Kenya, where he fathered seven other children with three other wives. He died in a car crash in 1982.
Quote:
He first met his father's side of the family when he traveled to Africa 20 years ago. He referred to Onyango as "Auntie Zeituni" when describing the trip in his memoir, saying she was "a proud woman."
Quote:
Obama's campaign said he had seen her a few times since that meeting, beginning with a return trip to Kenya with his future wife, Michelle, in 1992. Onyango visited the family in Chicago on a tourist visa at Obama's invitation about nine years ago, the campaign said, stopping to visit friends on the East Coast before returning to Kenya.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well he fits a lot of those.

In spite of millions of unemployed Americans who cannot send their kids to college and who are losing their homes and futures, Obama is ramming more globalism through, promising everything to illegals because that's the cheap labor his beloved greedy cheap labor types want. I think that's very cruel to the many unemployed Americans including the high number of unemployed black Americans.

It's pretty cruel when a leader of a nation sells out his own people for the interests of the cheap labor side and the globalist masters who want this nation destroyed and remade into a cheap labor NAU that brings them very high profits.

The Republican God, Reagan, starred the immigration problem because his rich pals wanted cheap labor.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:30 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by axixic2 View Post
I didn't add bold. The site did that.

The Justice Department issues rules that concern who it will ask the Court to deport. The JD changed its rules to deport criminals first. The judge didn't make that decision. A judge follows the law for every person in front of him. He only has in front of him who the JD presents. The president does not tell a judge who to deport. The judge would complain about that to Congress and Obama would be impeached. That is very illegal. A judge is not under the control of the presidency.

Do you think judges find, arrest and then deport people?
I was referring to your use of the word “Mex’Kins.” That is what I bolded as unnecessary. Again, I did not mention Mexicans in my response. Nor have I ever used your term when discussing them.

Our judicial system is replete with corruption. Therefore, it is not farfetched for a judge to render decisions to placate politicians, including our president. Have you not heard of the thousands of immigration cases that were scheduled for hearings, but were abruptly dismissed without a single hearing? Even their lawyers were shocked. And, this occurred last year, prior to the new policy.

Quote:
In Houston alone, immigration judges dismissed more than two hundred pending deportation cases (a seven-fold month-over-month increase) in August; there were under 30 such dismissals in July. Of the three-hundred-fifty cases decided in Houston in September, almost half were dismissed without an order of deportation.
Immigration attorneys see deportation cases tossed

No, judges do not find, arrest, and then deport. But, they do dismiss cases according to DOJ directives. I do not believe the new deportation policy is designed to first deport violent criminals, and then pursue the others. Rather, it is just another ruse to allow illegals to remain in this country. I would wholeheartedly support a measure intended to prioritize deportations by targeting the most violent illegals. But, that is not the case. In time, you and others will realize the true agenda after none of the targeted 300,000 are deported, and when most of the “other” illegals are granted a reprieve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration