U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 12:45 PM

2,847 posts, read 1,851,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
lol, FAIR and CIS, great sources there, chief.
Then why don't you dispute the numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 12:50 PM

1,574 posts, read 789,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
Someone else already did. Of course, FAIR and CIS both have a well-documented history of spewing bogus information, so this was not a surprise at all.

Old 08-24-2011, 01:34 PM

9,243 posts, read 7,100,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Someone else already did. Of course, FAIR and CIS both have a well-documented history of spewing bogus information, so this was not a surprise at all.
Proof_______

Old 08-24-2011, 01:45 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Proof_______
Did you read the linked data? It's some pretty broad assumptions. I especially enjoy the concessions that illegal aliens contribute, but then having to misconstrue data like "reduced cost school lunches" as "welfare", thus to end up with a shortfall.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:01 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,856,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Apparently this administration believes not enforcing the law, and allowing people to enter the country illegally (and stay here), is more important than getting jobs for legal Americans.
No, no, no.... you don't get it....

They need their votes.....

Old 08-24-2011, 03:05 PM

951 posts, read 616,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post

I love how you guys cry about getting called racists then continue to produce data that comes from racist organizations whose beliefs regarding immigration are echoed here verbatim. Coincidence?

The Tanton Files: FAIR Founder

Old 08-24-2011, 04:16 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,712,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
I love how you guys cry about getting called racists then continue to produce data that comes from racist organizations whose beliefs regarding immigration are echoed here verbatim. Coincidence?

The Tanton Files: FAIR Founder
One doesn't need to look much further than an article called The Church of Morris Dees (http://harpers.org/media/slideshow/annot/2000-11/ - broken link) to understand that even the SPLC "spews bogus information". You base your claims of racism on your version of your ideology for which obviously I don't agree with.

Here's an easy analogy, if you agree with a woman's right to choose, then you agree with Tanton's (he's a Democrat, always has been) ideals. Does that then make you racist?

Old 08-24-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
One doesn't need to look much further than an article called The Church of Morris Dees (http://harpers.org/media/slideshow/annot/2000-11/ - broken link) to understand that even the SPLC "spews bogus information". You base your claims of racism on your version of your ideology for which obviously I don't agree with.

Here's an easy analogy, if you agree with a woman's right to choose, then you agree with Tanton's (he's a Democrat, always has been) ideals. Does that then make you racist?

Haha. OK so you are saying he isn't racist and are defending him now? Well guys, we've found the issue. These guys here don't think you are racist unless you actually wear a white hood and burn crosses and stuff. It's those mean organizations "spewing bogus information" who don't understand what racism really is lol. There's nothing racist about his views or actions at all. <rollseyes>

Women's rights? Yeah, and if you agree with him that Folger's is the best coffee you are also a racist. Durrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Now, show me that all the ties to these white nationalist (racist) organizations Tanton has, and all the donations from white nationalist groups his organizations have accepted are actually false. Then let's see explanations for statements he's actually made.

Last edited by huddledmasses; 08-24-2011 at 05:55 PM..

Old 08-24-2011, 08:30 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,712,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Haha. OK so you are saying he isn't racist and are defending him now? Well guys, we've found the issue. These guys here don't think you are racist unless you actually wear a white hood and burn crosses and stuff. It's those mean organizations "spewing bogus information" who don't understand what racism really is lol. There's nothing racist about his views or actions at all. <rollseyes>

Women's rights? Yeah, and if you agree with him that Folger's is the best coffee you are also a racist. Durrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Now, show me that all the ties to these white nationalist (racist) organizations Tanton has, and all the donations from white nationalist groups his organizations have accepted are actually false. Then let's see explanations for statements he's actually made.
So you are actually incapable of understanding my comment, who'da thunk it? My point is even the acclaimed SPLC is a "bogus spewer of information", which is attempting to do nothing more than what you do, de-legitmize the other to make oneself look more intelligent, although the SPLC makes money at it and you seem to make very little of it. Your only argument towards the CIR and FAIR claims is that they are attached in some way to Tanton, heaven forbid you actually attempt to prove their reports as linked, incorrect.

You again interject your ideology as being the only ideology and all others, if they don't agree with your ideological opinion, are racist, branded racist, or don't understand what racism is.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:07 PM

Yes I'd rather focus on the glaring bias involved (white nationalists and eugenicists funding organizations that say the people they hate are huge burdens) than actually read and decipher where in their reports they were dishonest. This has been done already as well though btw.

I'm sorry for pointing out that racist ideologies are in fact racist.

I don't think people point out racists to "de-legitmize the other to make oneself look more intelligent". They do it to point out racist behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration