U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 10:26 PM

951 posts, read 619,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
So you are actually incapable of understanding my comment, who'da thunk it? My point is even the acclaimed SPLC is a "bogus spewer of information", which is attempting to do nothing more than what you do, de-legitmize the other to make oneself look more intelligent, although the SPLC makes money at it and you seem to make very little of it. Your only argument towards the CIR and FAIR claims is that they are attached in some way to Tanton, heaven forbid you actually attempt to prove their reports as linked, incorrect.

You again interject your ideology as being the only ideology and all others, if they don't agree with your ideological opinion, are racist, branded racist, or don't understand what racism is.
sweet personal attack bro

Also, the SPLC is a 501(c)(3) charity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 10:49 PM

951 posts, read 619,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Your only argument towards the CIR and FAIR claims is that they are attached in some way to Tanton, heaven forbid you actually attempt to prove their reports as linked, incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliveandwellinSA View Post
read and learn
$11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare
To illegal aliens each year by state governments.

FAIR: Immigration and Welfare (http://www.fairus.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=16985&security=1601&news _iv_ctrl=1017 - broken link)

$22 Billion dollars a year is spent on food
Assistance programs such as food stamps,
WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.

The High Cost of Cheap Labor: Illegal Immigration and the Federal Budget | Center for Immigration Studies

$2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on
Medicaid for illegal aliens.

The High Cost of Cheap Labor: Illegal Immigration and the Federal Budget | Center for Immigration Studies

$12 Billion dollars a year is spent on
Primary and secondary school education
For children here illegally and they
Cannot speak a word of English!

$17 Billion dollars a year is spent for
Education for the American-born
Children of illegal aliens, known as
Anchor babies.

$3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to
Incarcerate illegal aliens.

The list goes on
Lol. Every one of these claims is discredited at:

Cost of Illegal Immigrants | FactCheck.org

Quote:
The total cost is a whopping
$ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS

CHAAAAAAAAINNNNNMAIL!!!!!!
"A chain e-mail that makes this claim is loaded with errors and misleading assertions. Published studies vary widely but put the cost to government at a small fraction of that total."

Old 08-24-2011, 11:38 PM

5,212 posts, read 4,135,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Lol. Every one of these claims is discredited at:

Cost of Illegal Immigrants | FactCheck.org

CHAAAAAAAAINNNNNMAIL!!!!!!
"A chain e-mail that makes this claim is loaded with errors and misleading assertions. Published studies vary widely but put the cost to government at a small fraction of that total."
Run by liberals.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:55 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,032,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Run by liberals.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

How did they make CIS disavow the listed claims attributed to them?...

Old 08-25-2011, 12:40 AM

2,075 posts, read 1,783,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrs99 View Post
Really tax evasion most illegal immigrants dont make that much money that they have to pay taxes. Also, 48% of Americans don't pay any income taxes
since they are provisions in tax code for deductions. Lots of undocumented aliens do have Tax Identification number issued by IRS for filing taxes
Damn, that must biggest straw man around. Thats right up there with - it's OK because every body else
does it.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:34 AM

335 posts, read 281,995 times
Quote:
sweet personal attack bro

Also, the SPLC is a 501(c)(3) charity.
In 2003, the tax-exempt SPLC flunked an audit by the Arlington-based Better Business Bureau's Wise Giving Alliance, which requires that "a reasonable percentage, at least 50 percent of total income from all sources, should be applied to programs and activities directly related to the purposes for which the organization exists." The SPLC had spent 89 percent of its total income on fund-raising and administrative costs.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:54 AM

335 posts, read 281,995 times
Quote:
Haha. OK so you are saying he isn't racist and are defending him now? Well guys, we've found the issue. These guys here don't think you are racist unless you actually wear a white hood and burn crosses and stuff. It's those mean organizations "spewing bogus information" who don't understand what racism really is lol. There's nothing racist about his views or actions at all. <rollseyes>

Women's rights? Yeah, and if you agree with him that Folger's is the best coffee you are also a racist. Durrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Now, show me that all the ties to these white nationalist (racist) organizations Tanton has, and all the donations from white nationalist groups his organizations have accepted are actually false. Then let's see explanations for statements he's actually made.
On July 25, 2011, President Obama addressed the National Council of La Raza annual conference. The National Council of La Raza is well known for being a brown nationalist (racist) organization. So Obama has ties to a racist organization.

Old 08-25-2011, 02:56 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,382,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrs99 View Post
Really tax evasion most illegal immigrants dont make that much money that they have to pay taxes. Also, 48% of Americans don't pay any income taxes
since they are provisions in tax code for deductions. Lots of undocumented aliens do have Tax Identification number issued by IRS for filing taxes
You know how many undocumented illegals have jobs as construction workers, making good money, into the woodworking trade, making darn good money, cabinet makers, illeglal making damn good money, painters, putting up wall board, problem is with my contractor last year, on a huge huge home remodel and additions many, illegals would not be good enough for me, i don't care how much he thought he would be saving, i was ready to make a phone call. They had to be Americans, born in this Country working on my remodel. Sorry that is the way it was. Let me tell ya something, some of these guys i know make pretty darn good money, and i know first hand, they pay no taxes, i was told in broken english. Yep my contractor could of gotten in trouble if i blew the whistle on him, but he was a madman, and if he did not end up walking on my job, i probably would have hurt him.
He was Italian, and i also am, it was not pretty, Italians are stubbon, and i would not let the a-- get away with nothing, not even to save a buck.

I was even told by a contractor, sorry but i was, that they hire and use a lot of subs that are illegals, if they do the job good, and they can save a buck, this is all they care about, and they are paid under the table, because i was told this by an illegal himself.

Now i am not putting all contractors down, after the expereince with the idiot i hired, i met some very nice contractors, no they do not all use illegals, just the one willing to skip on quality to save a buck. In his expereince with us, he did not know just how much we know about construction, having added on to a home ourselves when we were yonger, and did a very good job. My hubby if he had the time, and was not sick, could of done a better job then the idiot the illegals did do some work, until i asked to see their papers, this is when the shi- hit the fan.

We ended up having to finish the work, the contractor walked out on, and our work past inspections with flying colors. We could start our own business and do things with quality, just don't have the time. Sorry don't buy what your saying, there are plenty of illegals working in this Country illegally, and not paying taxes.

Last edited by california-jewel; 08-25-2011 at 03:05 AM..

Old 08-25-2011, 03:19 AM

13,183 posts, read 9,289,824 times
IMHO - if the SPLC declared that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, I still would suspect them, and would seek corroboration from unbiased sources.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:00 AM

61,424 posts, read 31,099,241 times
Of those using Romney care in Massachusetts, 70% are illegal aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration