Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 10:23 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
When American lawbreakers are convicted and serve time in jail or prison, families are torn apart. Does God approve of that?
Well obviously God approves of people being born in one country or another so bringing God into it is kind of lame. If God didn't want anyone living in Mexico, there wouldn't be Mexico. You could say Mexicans are refusing the gift of their country, coveting the country of others. "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 10:45 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
  • I'm sure you read or watched the story yesterday or the day before about a man who witnessed a kidnapping and got in his truck and chased after the suspect. In the end he was able to save the girl. Today it turns out he is an illegal alien. His wife is here legally. He's been living here for the past four years.

• I agree with the Obama Administration in reviewing each case. Criminals need to be deported and new illegals should also be deported. However, law abiding people who have been living and working here for awhile should be given a path to citizenship.

• This issue deals 100% with real people, so using a giant axe isn't right and I don't see how any of you right wing Christians can look at yourself in the mirror and think God is happy with you if you think otherwise.

Rescuer of kidnapped girl comes forward as undocumented immigrant - CNN.com
its election time, and what does Christians and right wing have to do with following American laws. so because he save a life now he has the right break the laws of the U.S. police and fire personnel are always saving lives. should they get a crack at breaking a law that would benefit them also! bleeding hearts, is the reason justice should be blind!

Old 08-21-2011, 06:34 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,341,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Enough political correctness. The majority of conservative republicans are proclaim they are loyal Christians. Look at Perry...so you don't think it's hypocritcal to show no compassion at all. Many illegals are criminals and many are not. Many have families here, children etc. If you call yourself a Christian and you don't think it's worth the time to review each deporation case, than you just proved the point any non-Christian says about Christians...they are hypocrites. Or you could view it the other way that conservative republicans are hypocrites. I don't think God would approve of blindly tearing apart families.

Does this god approve when the illegal immigrants voluntarily leave their families at home? Is that considered tearing families apart?

Old 08-21-2011, 07:02 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well obviously God approves of people being born in one country or another so bringing God into it is kind of lame. If God didn't want anyone living in Mexico, there wouldn't be Mexico. You could say Mexicans are refusing the gift of their country, coveting the country of others. "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods".
Excellent post!

Old 08-21-2011, 07:05 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Not always, there are factors you aren´t accounting for, and I´m even wondering if he would have an ability to legally immigrate...
If he didn't have the ability to legally migrate then he should have stayed in his own country. It's that simple!

Old 08-21-2011, 07:33 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,018,516 times
Quote:
I can't believe you're resorting to that silly "imaginary line" argument again. But then, I guess it could be argued that all laws are imaginary (they originated in someone's mind) and shouldn't have to be obeyed.
Well, you're partially right. Laws shouldn't have to be obeyed just because they're "laws." I mean, yeah, that's kind of the point. Laws can be good or bad, just or unjust.

A person crossing an imaginary line in the desert isn't harming you, unlike someone punching you in the face. Yet both are "illegal", much as it used to be illegal for certain people to sit at the front of the bus (because other people imagined they were somehow "harmed" by this).

Old 08-21-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
When American lawbreakers are convicted and serve time in jail or prison, families are torn apart. Does God approve of that?
Turn the other cheek?

Seriously, though, a huge number of people are in US prisons for totally victimless crimes. I really don't think you should be asking for any sort of moral examination of the US prison system.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Wow, really? The fact that something happens indicates that God approves of it?

People are murdered every day, does that mean obviously God approves of people getting murdered?

Old 08-21-2011, 10:12 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,464 times
Quote:
A tourist visa cannot be used to enter the United States to return to your spouse, such would be ¨immigrant intent¨. Please also state which ´K´ visa you are referring to (it sounds like a K-1). I heard that his wife was ¨legal¨, but it didn´t explain whether she is a U.S. citizen or Legal Permanent Resident.

Yes, it matters...

Is that the ¨LR LPR¨ method and timeline? Are you specifically focusing your armchair lawyering on immigration now? If the falacy of your ¨line¨ is that short, how do you know the masses you are identifying as ¨illegals¨ aren´t using your method?
You're assuming things here. He could have entered on a tourist visa, student visa, TN visa, or even a work visa (it doesn't say how he entered only that he has been in the US for 4 years illegally). It also says his wife is a US citizen. He may even have entered on a K Visa. All we know is he chose not to follow through the process (which means he was actually in the process) because he thinks it takes to much time and costs to much.
Quote:
Martha Diaz – who is a U.S. citizen – said that her husband had worked to get his citizenship in the past but stopped because the process took too much time and was too expensive.
He may even be an LPR and thinks that because he didn't get his citizenship that he is illegal. Rock is the one that believes people are actually stupid enough to believe one word can change peoples minds.

You're right, it does matter, and so far you don't appear to have done much research on this topic.

Armchair lawyering? Fallacy? Seems more like ignorance of the details that have been provided to you, and by a lack of quick research of Mr. Diaz Chacon's situation by you. It was Rhymtime that gave us the phrase "Reading is fundemental", look it up.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 08-21-2011 at 10:36 AM..

Old 08-21-2011, 10:25 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Not always, there are factors you aren´t accounting for, and I´m even wondering if he would have an ability to legally immigrate...
And I am wondering why anyone thinks we owe anyone who wants immigrate to this country the right to do so.
But out of curiousty. Why shouldnt illegals have to follow the same path legals had to follow? By the same path I mean apply in the nation of origin, go through the back ground checks, do the biometrics and wait until they are approved before entering this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration