U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 03:13 PM

10,032 posts, read 6,910,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
It's a hypothetical. Perhaps you've heard of them. Please answer the question.

You first. After you answer every question that you've been asked in this thread I'll get back you.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:15 PM

1,574 posts, read 795,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
It shows that illegals commit more crimes. I know that you don't like it but try to face reality.

Thanks
But you didn't answer the question. You answered some totally difference question.

And if you wanted to honestly show that they actually commit more crimes you would need

A) total prison population, federal, state, and local
B) control for immigration crimes
C) control for other socioeconomic factors
D) actual sources for all your data

Old 08-23-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
bigotry is not limited to race. I have not mentioned race. Stop looking for excuses and answer the question.

I oppose all illegal immigrants of every race and nationality. I also opppse all criminals in the USA. If you think that's bigotry that's fine. So what else have you got? So far the tally for you is: 0

Old 08-23-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
You first. After you answer every question that you've been asked in this thread I'll get back you.
OK, I'll call your bluff. What questions in this thread have I not answered?

Old 08-23-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I am 99% sure you don't understand what the word "data" means.

It just keeps getting better

Old 08-23-2011, 03:31 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,140,029 times
Quote:
But you didn't answer the question. You answered some totally difference question.

And if you wanted to honestly show that they actually commit more crimes you would need

A) total prison population, federal, state, and local
B) control for immigration crimes
C) control for other socioeconomic factors
D) actual sources for all your data
Illegal immigrants cause many problems for The United States. Sometimes referred to as Illegal Aliens, these people have entered the United States via illegal methods. The FBI recently issued a set of statistics regarding crimes committed by illegal immigrants in the United States. The numbers are alarming.
In Los Angeles, over 95% of arrest warrants issued for the crime of murder are for illegal aliens. At least 83% of arrest warrants for murder in Phoenix are for illegal aliens. The number climbs to 86% for Albuquerque. The most wanted lists for each of these cities is comprised of at least 75% illegal aliens.
The problem of prison overcrowding in California has been in the media many times over the past few months. Governor Schwarzenegger has attempted to gain relief from the overcrowding problem by shipping inmates to facilities in other states. Nearly 25% of the California prison population is comprised of illegal aliens. In Arizona, illegal aliens make up over 40% of the prison population and in New Mexico, the number is nearly 50%.
Illegal aliens account for nearly 30% of prison populations nationwide. This includes both state and federal prisons. The cost to house these illegal aliens is more than $1.6 billion dollars each year.

This is for 2007, how bout' these numbers?

Old 08-23-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
In Los Angeles, over 95% of arrest warrants issued for the crime of murder are for illegal aliens.
A five-second google search for this exact phrase turns up a result from snopes.com, which is known for debunking bogus chain emails. As it turns out, this statement as you typed it is false.

Shocking. I'm not going to bother tracking down the rest of your chain-mail lies.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:46 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,037,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Illegal immigrants cause many problems for The United States. Sometimes referred to as Illegal Aliens, these people have entered the United States via illegal methods. The FBI recently issued a set of statistics regarding crimes committed by illegal immigrants in the United States. The numbers are alarming.
In Los Angeles, over 95% of arrest warrants issued for the crime of murder are for illegal aliens. At least 83% of arrest warrants for murder in Phoenix are for illegal aliens. The number climbs to 86% for Albuquerque. The most wanted lists for each of these cities is comprised of at least 75% illegal aliens.
The problem of prison overcrowding in California has been in the media many times over the past few months. Governor Schwarzenegger has attempted to gain relief from the overcrowding problem by shipping inmates to facilities in other states. Nearly 25% of the California prison population is comprised of illegal aliens. In Arizona, illegal aliens make up over 40% of the prison population and in New Mexico, the number is nearly 50%.
Illegal aliens account for nearly 30% of prison populations nationwide. This includes both state and federal prisons. The cost to house these illegal aliens is more than $1.6 billion dollars each year.

This is for 2007, how bout' these numbers?
"Community-created content", what the heck is that? If it is an FBI report, find the press release. Otherwise it just looks like someone came up with some numbers.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:45 PM

Cricket Chirping - YouTube

Old 08-23-2011, 07:37 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,140,029 times
1,013 posts, reputation 85.

1,067 posts, reputation 90.

What is the subliminal message?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration