U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-22-2011, 08:35 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,859,367 times
Reputation: 4207

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
You could say caffeine is a gateway drug, too.

Are you going to post a link to stories where a legal immigrant kills someone? Because I can assure you that definitely happens and in that case wouldn't the ITS THE LAW people have "blood on their hands" by your reasoning?

Are you goiong to debate that if Nicolas Guaman, the illegal alien who killed a man, had been deported back in 2007 when he was arrested for drving without a license that the man he killed would still be alive today?
This is where the issues lie. This is why illegal alien supporters who decry deportation have blood on their hands.


http://www.milforddailynews.com/local_news/x1621319560

Last edited by Rick Roma; 08-22-2011 at 09:09 AM..

 
Old 08-22-2011, 08:40 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Are you goiong to debate that if Nicolas Guaman, the illegal alien who killed a man, had been deported back in 2007 when he was arrested for drving without a license that the man he killed would still be alive today?
This is where the issues lie. This is why illegal alien supporters who decry deportation have blood on their hands.
So who has blood on their hands when legal immigrants get drunk and kill people?

Who has blood on their hands when someone gets out of jail after completing their sentence goes out and gets drunk and kills someone?

Who has blood on their hands when a regular citizen with no record gets drunk and kills someone? FWIW, I am pointing out now that we could move these people to the Alaskan interior where they can't hurt anyone.
 
Old 08-22-2011, 08:44 AM
 
Location: bold new city of the south
5,200 posts, read 4,107,506 times
Reputation: 6156
Default Illegal Immigrant From Ecuador Kills Young Massachusetts Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
So who has blood on their hands when legal immigrants get drunk and kill people?

Who has blood on their hands when someone gets out of jail after completing their sentence goes out and gets drunk and kills someone?

Who has blood on their hands when a regular citizen with no record gets drunk and kills someone? FWIW, I am pointing out now that we could move these people to the Alaskan interior where they can't hurt anyone.
So you aren't going to answer his and my question?

This thread is about Guadman, a criminal illegal alien, charged with many crimes.
 
Old 08-22-2011, 08:58 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
So basically your argument is that we have a regime that has criminalized existence for a group of people, we've constructed a web of laws that ensure people continue to commit crimes just by doing things the rest of us do every day without harming anyone....

and this relates back to DUIs how? Clearly Buddy's "gateway" comment was intended to connect these two. I don't think that's your position, so I'm not sure why you're bringing in this other uncontroversial info as if someone disputes it.
What I contend is that we like every other nation on the planet have immigration laws. The group that you contend is victimized are victims of their own decisions. These people were not here and then laws were passed after the fact to make them criminals. If that were the case I would be on your side 100%.
They opted to break our laws before they even entered the country. They opted to live as criminals knowing what they were doing was against our laws.
We didnt construct these laws in reaction to we dont like immigration. We allow more immigration than all others combined. That would indicate that this nation is decidedly pro-immigration. What our laws are meant to do is restrict who we allow to enter for many reasons one of which is to prevent our policies from damaging another nation.
Your correct I don't agree that illegal immigration causes illegals to drink and drive. What I contend is that every crime by an illegal is a crime and that an illegals lifestyle is conducive to committing more crimes. Had the illegal not chosen the path they did they would not be criminals.
Illegal immigration is not a victimless crime.... This nations spends billions a year because of illegals. We are a victim as a nation. Every tax payer is a victim as individuals.
Canada has gun laws I don't agree with. Would I be the victim if I went to Canada with my guns and behaved as I do at home? At home I am allowed to carry and allowed to wear the gun under my jacket. If I do that in Canada I will be arrested.
The point is as a visitor or immigrant to Canada my personal beliefs are irrelevant to Canada's laws. I am no victim if I opt to disregard the laws of that land regardless of how unjust I feel they are. I have the choice not to go there.
By the way. Thank you for the civil approach to your post.
 
Old 08-22-2011, 09:00 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,976,337 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
You could say caffeine is a gateway drug, too.

Are you going to post a link to stories where a legal immigrant kills someone? Because I can assure you that definitely happens and in that case wouldn't the ITS THE LAW people have "blood on their hands" by your reasoning?
The problem with your scenario is that legal immigrants, like legal citizens, do not immediately have the pro-illegal faction (you) jumping to their defense and excusing their actions.

By your reasoning, they are never guilty of anything because some legal resident may have done the same thing. Not a viable argument on your part.
 
Old 08-22-2011, 09:03 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,976,337 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Yes, so? Can you show that those lead to crimes such as DUI? Because THAT's what the OP was implying by making that comment in a thread about an illegal immigrant DUI.
Can you show that being illegal does not lead to other crimes? That is what you are implying. And it is wrong.
 
Old 08-22-2011, 09:04 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,859,367 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
So who has blood on their hands when legal immigrants get drunk and kill people?

Who has blood on their hands when someone gets out of jail after completing their sentence goes out and gets drunk and kills someone?

Who has blood on their hands when a regular citizen with no record gets drunk and kills someone? FWIW, I am pointing out now that we could move these people to the Alaskan interior where they can't hurt anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
So you aren't going to answer his and my question?

This thread is about Guadman, a criminal illegal alien, charged with many crimes.

Please cite the law that states we can move "these people" to the Alaskan interior. Would you like me to cite the law that says illegal aliens can be deported? Those who oppose immigration laws and fight to keep illegal aliens from being deported are responsible for this and many other deaths.
buddy5 is right. You won't directly answer any questions because you have absolutely nothing in this debate.
 
Old 08-22-2011, 09:10 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,976,337 times
Reputation: 3602
[quote=rhymetime;20556691]
Quote:
So basically your argument is that we have a regime that has criminalized existence for a group of people, we've constructed a web of laws that ensure people continue to commit crimes just by doing things the rest of us do every day without harming anyone....


Quote:
and this relates back to DUIs how? Clearly Buddy's "gateway" comment was intended to connect these two. I don't think that's your position, so I'm not sure why you're bringing in this other uncontroversial info as if someone disputes it
What is "clear" to you only exposes your own agenda of blaming the anti-illegal faction for every action taken to handle the illegals. Anyone who disputes your viewpoint just must be wrong, according to you and is just trying to muddy the waters. Look in a mirror much?
 
Old 08-22-2011, 09:26 AM
 
Location: New Hampshire
4,827 posts, read 4,646,310 times
Reputation: 3583
This is such a sad story!

One of my former co-worjers happens to be Matt's cousin and the whole family is devastated.

This is such BS!
 
Old 08-22-2011, 09:30 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
So you aren't going to answer his and my question?
What question? The one that I said was not in dispute?

Quote:
This thread is about Guadman, a criminal illegal alien, charged with many crimes.
OK, so now connect the dots. You made the "gateway" comment, back it up. How did all those non-illegals manage to jump straight to DUI without going through the "gateway" crime?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top