U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 03:19 PM

5,204 posts, read 4,121,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
You didn't remove "gain citizenship" from your rephrased quote...

My family going through the naturalization process is unrelated to any context of illegal immigration...

"All American NYC" was apparently trying to understand "the gist" of her remark, making further mistaken identifiers:

"The point [s]he was trying to make was why would a legal immigrant go all out to support an illegal?"

Maybe he will see your post to better identify "the gist"...

Until your reply, there wasn't a question to respond to. How am I "dancing around her point" if I wasn't asked for an answer? I did prompt on her phraseology, which seemingly no one wants to acknowledge.

To your question, why do you say "supportive"? If I have a family that I have legally immigrated (the true context that relates to why I am being asked about my stance), wouldn't that be identified as "supportive" of those that adhere to immigration laws? I'm following along just fine, but I see inconsistent responses on the thread.

As stated, I am a U.S. citizen, aren't I able to hold whatever stance I want?...

I see, I see, so;

Why are you so supportive of those who flagrantly violate our immigration laws?

Old 08-25-2011, 03:27 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,022,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
I see, I see, so;

Why are you so supportive of those who flagrantly violate our immigration laws?
Define "supportive", I personally don't know any illegal aliens...

Old 08-25-2011, 03:38 PM

5,204 posts, read 4,121,880 times
Quote:

Old 08-25-2011, 04:03 PM

951 posts, read 617,811 times
Describe how wanting to make it easier for people who have never come here yet is supporting criminals.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:06 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Quote:
One doesn't have to know any illegal aliens personally to be a defender of them. One can be sympathetic to a certain national group because of some emotional/cultural ties to them. When that interferes with their national loyalty then it becomes a problem.

Old 08-25-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
...One can be sympathetic to a certain national group because of some emotional/cultural ties to them. When that interferes with their national loyalty then it becomes a problem.
Do you think it has interfered specifically with my "national loyalty"?...

Where is that likely to be "a problem" if so?...

And what is needed to correct it, if so?...

Old 08-25-2011, 06:58 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Quote:
What do you mean by "desperately" and "gain citizenship"?...

My wife has qualified to naturalize from about sometime in February (three years cumulative as a Legal Permanent Resident), we just have to mail in the N-400 application. I really have no other effect on her ability to naturalize, other on her earlier qualification of three years as an LPR, married to the same U.S. citizen for at least three years. Our younger two children will get derivative citizenship (filing N-600's after my wife becomes a citizen, cost-free in our case), and our eldest has aged-out, and will have to apply on her own after five years as a Legal Permanent Resident.
I said “desperately” due to your constant reference to your immigration plight. And, “gain citizenship” because, to my knowledge, your wife and her children have yet to gain citizenship status. After all, you rarely miss an opportunity to include your personal experience in your responses, even when it’s irrelevant to the discussion.

It just strikes me as strange that you would be such an avid pro-illegal given your circumstances. I would expect someone who has experienced the legal immigration process to oppose those who circumvent the law, in particular, not being required to endure the lengthy process like your wife and step-children, not being required to wait their turn, and being rewarded for their lawlessness. That’s all.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I said “desperately” due to your constant reference to your immigration plight. And, “gain citizenship” because, to my knowledge, your wife and her children have yet to gain citizenship status. After all, you rarely miss an opportunity to include your personal experience in your responses, even when it’s irrelevant to the discussion.

It just strikes me as strange that you would be such an avid pro-illegal given your circumstances. I would expect someone who has experienced the legal immigration process to oppose those who circumvent the law, in particular, not being required to endure the lengthy process like your wife and step-children, not being required to wait their turn, and being rewarded for their lawlessness. That’s all.
Huh, I would have thought a connotation of someone "desperately trying to gain citizenship for his family through our legal process" would be something else entirely. I just want to be entirely clear, there's still some mix-ups on gender and statements going around. Hopefully Yac's guidance about not bringing race needlessly into the discussion will also get us all back on track too.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:21 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Do you have a reason to believe it's significantly different than the general population? Are you suggesting that it's higher?
I really don’t care whether the incidence of illegal alien pedophilia is equal to, greater, or less than the general population. The point being, whatever the rate, it does not mitigate the damage. Nor does it excuse or justify their behavior. They shouldn’t be here, period.

Quote:
Yeah, well this doesn't really have anything to do with protecting the children. This has to do with you wanting certain people to be forcibly kept away from you. And you're using the boogeyman as a convenient appeal to emotion to push your agenda.

Nothing new here.
I loathe pedophiles, and anyone who harms innocent, defenseless children. And, that include sickos of ANY race, ethnicity, or nationality. We just happen to be discussing illegal aliens. I want those perverts removed from this country, along with the rest of illegals.

My “agenda” involves the enforcement of our laws, securing our porous borders, and ridding our country of foreign invaders. Yes, nothing new.

Quote:
But that's just an arbitrary distinction. Those laws could be changed just as well as any other laws. If you really cared about saving the children you'd advocate for changing the laws to save the little children.
An arbitrary distinction? Please explain. And, also please explain which laws could be changed. I certainly hope you don’t think our laws will change for black citizens. If you do, dream on, not happening.

Quote:
Yeah, so you're supposedly not claiming they're all pedophiles, but you just keep running back to this "countless illegals are sick perverts" line.
Sorry, but countless illegals ARE sick perverts. If you think I’m lying, Google illegal alien sex crimes.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:25 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Quote:
Huh, I would have thought a connotation of someone "desperately trying to gain citizenship for his family through our legal process" would be something else entirely. I just want to be entirely clear, there's still some mix-ups on gender and statements going around. Hopefully Yac's guidance about not bringing race needlessly into the discussion will also get us all back on track too.
How in the world does this answer Benicar's question? She never even mentioned race either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or