U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 09:23 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,373,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Why don't you take a picture of all the illegals in your house right now. Then post the pic on here and we'll talk about sending them over to my house.
Why don't you get a job in Mexico, and help all these fine folks out. If you really want to help their cause go to Mexico and make things better for them.

Sorry but a home just like mine just sold for 2 million, hate to burst your bubble, but they are not in my area, how bout yours. You make no sense, in my area there are no illegals, i have lived all over the State, and been in real estate. In real estate work, i have been to areas that are infested with illegals, crime comes in, home values go down, and vacant homes after 180 days must be registered. Neighbors in these areas become extremely upset do you blame them.

Sorry but we have no vacant or abandoned homes where i live, how bout where you live?

Old 08-25-2011, 09:48 PM

5,208 posts, read 4,131,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
In the military we call would have could have should haves a blivit. 10 pounds of bs in a 5 pound sack.
The problem with pretend scenarios is that reality is lost to fantasy.
Well lets pretend I was president of the USA.
Lets further pretend that I had the power to change the constitution at will.
I would have every violent criminal in jail executed.
I would have every corrupt cop in prison or later captured placed in general population.
I would raise the standards for non-sponsored immigration. What fields are we lacking what skills need to be supplemented and that would dictate non-sponsored immigration.
For sponsored immigration. Police background checks and health screening collect your VISA at the embassy.
On the border. I would supplement our border patrol with troops stationed stateside. 3 month rotation.
Remember this is an imaginary world.
Illegals caught inside our country would have all assets seized to offset the cost of deportation.
Employers caught knowingly hiring illegals would face prison time and hefty fines.
Land lords caught renting to illegals would face the same.
Illegals would be allowed to self deport no penalty.
Illegals who are caught committing violent crimes or sex crimes would face the maximum penalty.
I would vote for you. Agree with every point.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:30 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,008,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Sorry but we have no vacant or abandoned homes where i live, how bout where you live?
Where I live - in a major city - there are like...many many thousands.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:39 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,373,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Where I live - in a major city - there are like...many many thousands.
No i want to make myself clear. Of course there are thousands and thousands of foreclosures and vacant abandoned properties in Calif. Of course just as there is in every other State right now too.

But as far as where i live there honestly is none. But of course Calif is bombarded with many short sales, bank own properties and repos. So many all around the State, but i would say a lot in L.A. County and the Inland Empire.

There are homes for sale where i live and yes they are selling, and selling well, one just sold in 5 days, i kid you not. Last week one went for 1.9 million, and this weeks that sold went for 1.5 million, not bad for this market we currently are in.
I hate the fact that so many really nice areas, have so many bank owned properties, and short sales, after 180 days a vacant property must be registered, or the original owner, can get fined.

Believe me there are more then thousands in Calif, on a whole. So many short sales, and foreclosures bring the values of other homes down in the same area, even a straight listing the value will come down, sad isn't it.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:50 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,008,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
No i want to make myself clear. Of course there are thousands and thousands of foreclosures and vacant abandoned properties in Calif. Of course just as there is in every other State right now too.

But as far as where i live there honestly is none. But of course Calif is bombarded with many short sales, bank own properties and repos. So many all around the State, but i would say a lot in L.A. County and the Inland Empire.

There are homes for sale where i live and yes they are selling, and selling well, one just sold in 5 days, i kid you not. Last week one went for 1.9 million, and this weeks that sold went for 1.5 million, not bad for this market we currently are in.
I hate the fact that so many really nice areas, have so many bank owned properties, and short sales, after 180 days a vacant property must be registered, or the original owner, can get fined.

Believe me there are more then thousands in Calif, on a whole. So many short sales, and foreclosures bring the values of other homes down in the same area, even a straight listing the value will come down, sad isn't it.
Aside from allowing you to brag about the value of your house, what exactly is the point of this conversation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or