U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 02:00 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,014,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
...After all, in some regions of Mexico, sex with a 12-year-old is a legally acceptable practice.

Worldwide Ages of Consent
Then why does your link say "12 - 18" for all categories in Mexico?...

EDIT: With even a clear remark of "10. In Mexico the federal law varies according to the age gap between partners and is often overruled by regional laws."

Are you saying there is any area in Mexico where an adult can legally have sex with a 12 year-old child? I want full details with a source where it lists only 12. Otherwise it would seem to be an unjustified smear not based on fact.

Last edited by IBMMuseum; 08-24-2011 at 02:13 PM..

Old 08-24-2011, 02:09 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,006,126 times
Quote:
While all child predators are a menace, will you at least admit we don’t need to increase their numbers by staying the deportation of unknown illegal alien pedophiles? I assure you, there are pedophiles among those to be reprieved, given the incidence of child molestation reported among illegal aliens, most notably from Mexico. After all, in some regions of Mexico, sex with a 12-year-old is a legally acceptable practice.

Worldwide Ages of Consent
I don't have any real concern with the idea of deporting pedophiles, except that I'd rather just send them to prison, in a vacuum. But like, that's not the real implication here. We'd definitely - definitely - reduce the number of pedophiles present in the United States by simply deporting vast swathes of illegal immigrants. We'd definitely do the same thing by, say, deporting all of New York City. The implication is that those ends justify those means. I disagree.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:45 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,821,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
It's not absurd. What's absurd is thinking that going after an entire class of people to get the tiny, tiny percentage that are bad apples is a good policy.
Sorry, but your “entire class of people” are ALL here illegally. If we can save even one child from being molested, in my opinion, it is well worth the effort. Furthermore, we won’t know the percentage of pedophiles until AFTER they have molested. Would you want your child to be sacrificed for the sake of the non-offender interlopers? I know I wouldn’t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Of course, going after that entire class isn't absurd if your unstated goal is to get "those people" away from you. Then you're just engaging in run-of-the mill emotional deception.
Emotional deception? No, I want our laws enforced, period. And yes, I want ALL illegal aliens, or according to you, “those people” out of my country.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:49 PM

5,200 posts, read 4,110,607 times
Quote:
Sorry, but your “entire class of people” are ALL here illegally. If we can save even one child from being molested, in my opinion, it is well worth the effort. Furthermore, we won’t know the percentage of pedophiles until AFTER they have molested. Would you want your child to be sacrificed for the sake of the non-offender interlopers? I know I wouldn’t.

Emotional deception? No, I want our laws enforced, period. And yes, I want ALL illegal aliens, or according to you, “those people” out of my country.
All we have to do is enforce existing laws.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:54 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,892,472 times
Its unfair to say or imply that all illegals are pedophiles. It simply isn't true.
However, because they entered illegally we have no way of knowing just how many are here. We were never given the opprotunity to weed them out. Even with back ground checks its possablee to miss some. But how can anyone accept the the idea that well its only a few so no need to pursue the issue? Maybe its easy if you don't have children of your own to worry about. The scarey thing is that all illegals have the mentality that laws only apply if they agree with them. Id fraud? To bad. Tax evasion ? Too bad. Immigration crimes? Too bad. If you don't like it make us legal. Thats an ultimatum not unlike a hastage situation.
Illegals want us to cut them slack. But how many come foward to report those among them who are violent criminals? How many came foward to report this scum bag? No way none knew about him.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:55 PM

Every problem you just listed could be solved by legalizing their presence. Ya dig.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Then why does your link say "12 - 18" for all categories in Mexico?...

EDIT: With even a clear remark of "10. In Mexico the federal law varies according to the age gap between partners and is often overruled by regional laws."

Are you saying there is any area in Mexico where an adult can legally have sex with a 12 year-old child? I want full details with a source where it lists only 12. Otherwise it would seem to be an unjustified smear not based on fact.
You must have me confused with one of your children. You don’t order me to do anything. I provided the age of consent list. It clearly indicates, in Mexico, the age varies from 12-18 according to region. If you want full details, I suggest you research this issue yourself. And, please explain how am I “smearing” Mexico by posting their age of consent?

Old 08-24-2011, 06:00 PM

5,200 posts, read 4,110,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Every problem you just listed could be solved by legalizing their presence. Ya dig.
That's like raising blood alcohol levels to solve drunk driving. Ya dig.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
No, I don’t dig. Please elaborate.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
That's like raising blood alcohol levels to solve drunk driving. Ya dig.
I do not dig. The problem with drunk driving is like, not that they are breaking the law. It's that drunk driving is dangerous and stuff.

The system in places highly incentivizes crimes like ID theft. Complain about it all you want. You tout the disease and then act concerned about its symptoms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or