U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-24-2011, 07:03 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
That's like raising blood alcohol levels to solve drunk driving. Ya dig.
An excellent analogy.

 
Old 08-24-2011, 07:05 PM
 
951 posts, read 617,513 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Its unfair to say or imply that all illegals are pedophiles. It simply isn't true.
Wow. Common sense prevails for once. However you just ignore this statement from here on out.

Quote:
However, because they entered illegally we have no way of knowing just how many are here. We were never given the opprotunity to weed them out. Even with back ground checks its possablee to miss some. But how can anyone accept the the idea that well its only a few so no need to pursue the issue? Maybe its easy if you don't have children of your own to worry about.
Not only do you revert back to saying we should just judge them all as bad to be sure but you are creating arguments for our side that haven't been made, at all. One of the reasons I would like a legal method of entry for these people is so that we will be more effective at weeding out the bad ones. I, nor anyone on this board have advocated that we don't pursue the issue.

Quote:
The scarey thing is that all illegals have the mentality that laws only apply if they agree with them. Id fraud? To bad. Tax evasion ? Too bad. Immigration crimes? Too bad. If you don't like it make us legal. Thats an ultimatum not unlike a hastage situation.
All of these would cease to exist if they could enter legally.

Quote:
Illegals want us to cut them slack. But how many come foward to report those among them who are violent criminals? How many came foward to report this scum bag? No way none knew about him.
So you are now insinuating that all these people knew this pedophile was running around their kids and they didn't care? Rofl. Mkay.
 
Old 08-24-2011, 07:15 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
I don't have any real concern with the idea of deporting pedophiles, except that I'd rather just send them to prison, in a vacuum. But like, that's not the real implication here. We'd definitely - definitely - reduce the number of pedophiles present in the United States by simply deporting vast swathes of illegal immigrants. We'd definitely do the same thing by, say, deporting all of New York City. The implication is that those ends justify those means. I disagree.
We have untold millions of illegal aliens in this country, and an unknown number are pedophiles. Unfortunately, we have no idea who they are, or where they live. We have no obligation whatsoever to legalize illegal aliens. We need to enforce our laws, stop the accommodations and freebies, and then we won’t need to waste tax funds on mass deportation.

Many children have already been victimized by illegal alien pedophiles. How many others must fall prey to these predators because you, Obama, and others believe all illegal aliens should be allowed to stay and pursue the American Dream?
 
Old 08-24-2011, 07:18 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
I do not dig. The problem with drunk driving is like, not that they are breaking the law. It's that drunk driving is dangerous and stuff.

The system in places highly incentivizes crimes like ID theft. Complain about it all you want. You tout the disease and then act concerned about its symptoms.
And pedophilia isn’t?
 
Old 08-24-2011, 07:19 PM
 
951 posts, read 617,513 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
We have untold millions of illegal aliens in this country, and an unknown number are pedophiles. Unfortunately, we have no idea who they are, or where they live. We have no obligation whatsoever to legalize illegal aliens. We need to enforce our laws, stop the accommodations and freebies, and then we won’t need to waste tax funds on mass deportation.

Many children have already been victimized by illegal alien pedophiles. How many others must fall prey to these predators because you, Obama, and others believe they should all be allowed to stay and pursue the American Dream?


So, care to link to where anyone has said they believed pedophiles should be allowed to stay and pursue anything? Yeah I didn't think so.
 
Old 08-24-2011, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,913,834 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Wow. Common sense prevails for once. However you just ignore this statement from here on out.

Not only do you revert back to saying we should just judge them all as bad to be sure but you are creating arguments for our side that haven't been made, at all. One of the reasons I would like a legal method of entry for these people is so that we will be more effective at weeding out the bad ones. I, nor anyone on this board have advocated that we don't pursue the issue.

All of these would cease to exist if they could enter legally.

So you are now insinuating that all these people knew this pedophile was running around their kids and they didn't care? Rofl. Mkay.
I made no such insinuation. I insinuated that some had to have known. Just as some church members know that father paul is is doing questionable things with the alter boys. People know.
Not judging any illegals on anything but their behavior. They ignore our laws and your solution is to reward them with a path to citizenship. never mind that we already allow more immigration than anyone else.
Never mind that the majority of illegals never even made an attempt to enter legally. We should just give them what they want.
Why do we owe them or anyone else a path? But especially illegals who have already demonstrated that they have the same mentality as any other criminal. Our laws are only relevant if the law is in their favor.
Our rights as a nation? No they dont care about that.
No sir. We need to screen every potential immigrant before they enter. We need to be very selective about who we grant the honor of a welcome to our country.
We produce enough criminals on our own, we have no need to import more. Every illegal has demonstrated 1 fact. That they are willing to break our laws.
This is what I judge them on.
using an excuse that if we made it easier, if we just let them in etc is a lame excuse that can be applied to every crime committed.
No not every or even most illegals are violent criminals. But enough are to warrent scrutiny. There are many things I would like to make my life better.
I don't lie, cheat or steal to get them. Nor do most legal immigrants.
 
Old 08-24-2011, 07:21 PM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,119 posts, read 20,193,793 times
Reputation: 8204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick (D), who is a good friend of Obama, recently refused to sign onto ICE Secure Communities which identifies dangerous illegal immigrants because to do so would be racist and then the illegals might not trust the police. Who cares about their victims though....right Deval??

Cops: Framingham man offered to 'buy' 9-year-old girl for sex - Framingham, MA - The MetroWest Daily News
What would his being a friend of Obama have to do with it?

I'm not a racist but..............
 
Old 08-24-2011, 07:21 PM
 
951 posts, read 617,513 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And pedophilia isn’t?

Comprehension fail.

Drunk driving laws are to drunk driving what pedophilia laws are to pedophilia. Now, how does changing immigration laws to better check backgrounds relate here?
 
Old 08-24-2011, 07:23 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,006,880 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
We have untold millions of illegal aliens in this country, and an unknown number are pedophiles. Unfortunately, we have no idea who they are, or where they live. We have no obligation whatsoever to legalize illegal aliens. We need to enforce our laws, stop the accommodations and freebies, and then we won’t need to waste tax funds on mass deportation.

Many children have already been victimized by illegal alien pedophiles. How many others must fall prey to these predators because you, Obama, and others believe they should all be allowed to stay and pursue the American Dream?
Yeah, no one's talking about any "obligations" that you might or might not have.

I'm saying that if your Big Concern #1 was to TRACK the people who are now in our country illegally so that we could govern them in some kind of coherent fashion, then legalization is obviously the solution. But that's not an actual concern of yours, it's just a tangential issue that you bring up when you feel it best bolsters your cause.
 
Old 08-24-2011, 07:27 PM
 
951 posts, read 617,513 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I made no such insinuation. I insinuated that some had to have known. Just as some church members know that father paul is is doing questionable things with the alter boys. People know.
Not judging any illegals on anything but their behavior.
Oh so they ALL didn't know, just some, and you weren't insinuating, you were actually just saying it. Gotcha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top