Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 10:44 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times

Advertisements

A recent poll by Rasmusse

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 10:51 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Politicians don't care. What we want and what will benefit us is incidental to them.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:54 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
It would seem like they would make their decisions based on the polls to get re elected?

Old 08-23-2011, 11:46 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times
Quote:
But last September, when voters were asked if children of illegal immigrants who finish two years of college should be given “a chance” at citizenship, 52% said yes.
Most Voters Oppose Public Schooling, Tuition Breaks, Driver

Rasmussen poll is obviously right wing and all their polling reflect and support right wing ideologies.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:52 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Rasmussen poll is obviously right wing and all their polling reflect and support right wing ideologies.
True. Rassmussen is the least accurate major pollster and has a well-definied right-wing bias.

Rasmussen Polls Were Biased and Inaccurate; Quinnipiac, SurveyUSA Performed Strongly - NYTimes.com

For those who don't know Nate Silver he comes from a background of Baseball statistical analysis. He started out trying to defend Rassmussen from allegations of bias but but as he collected data on their polls and their accuracy (or, rather, lack thereof) he acknowledged they are (by far) the worst pollsters out there.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:06 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Most Voters Oppose Public Schooling, Tuition Breaks, Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
True. Rassmussen is the least accurate major pollster and has a well-definied right-wing bias.

Rasmussen Polls Were Biased and Inaccurate; Quinnipiac, SurveyUSA Performed Strongly - NYTimes.com

For those who don't know Nate Silver he comes from a background of Baseball statistical analysis. He started out trying to defend Rassmussen from allegations of bias but but as he collected data on their polls and their accuracy (or, rather, lack thereof) he acknowledged they are (by far) the worst pollsters out there.
True to form, if you disagree with a poll or article, it must be right-wing and lack credibility. But, if you agree, all is well.

Old 08-23-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
True to form, if you disagree with a poll or article, it must be right-wing and lack credibility. But, if you agree, all is well.
Hey, if you want to ignore real, actual data and just go with your common sense, go right ahead.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:47 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Hey, if you want to ignore real, actual data and just go with your common sense, go right ahead.
When real, actual data is unavailable, one must frequently rely on common sense. However, I do understand, this can be a daunting, if not impossible task for some.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
When real, actual data is unavailable, one must frequently rely on common sense. However, I do understand, this can be a daunting, if not impossible task for some.
You realize I posted a link to a page with real actual data and an explanation of the methodology, right? If you have an issue with that link I'm listening.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:09 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:
You realize I posted a link to a page with real actual data and an explanation of the methodology, right? If you have an issue with that link I'm listening.
Yeah, I question your data. Prove it. You have only one source. I want the real data, if mine is allegedly wrong.

I need the facts below.

A) total prison population, federal, state, and local
B) control for immigration crimes
C) control for other socioeconomic factors
D) actual sources for all your data

Chop chop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration