U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 07:48 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
It's Obama's Policy, not Perry's... regardless of who wins the R nomination, this will be brought up and it will hurt Obama. Independants swung the election to Obama in 2008, they will swing the election again in 2012 but everyday Obama is turning more and more Independants away... this will hurt, mark my word.
You’re right. I know many diehard Obama supporters, primarily black Democrats and Independents, who are now so disenchanted due to this shameful pandering, they have sworn not to vote for him in 2012. They will simply not vote. I voted for him, but he has also lost my support. His new policy has sent a resounding message: Illegal aliens and the Hispanic vote are more important than jobs for the citizens of this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 10:04 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,440,508 times
The only thing I agree with, is identify an illegal, and sent them back to their country of origin. With their children.

Every time an illegal is deported, they should be marked with a tattoo, after five tats, there should be prison time. In their own country. The US could privatize prison in these countries, and pay less than we pay now.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:08 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
...Every time an illegal is deported, they should be marked with a tattoo, after five tats, there should be prison time. In their own country. The US could privatize prison in these countries, and pay less than we pay now.
HAHAHAHA!!!

You´re wanting to make this thread as enjoyable as the Spanish/English topic...

Old 08-24-2011, 10:14 PM

16,438 posts, read 18,510,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
This makes as much sense as ignoring small bank robberies vs bigger ones.
Actually they punish small bank robbers and let the big ones (banksters) get away scot free. But I digress...

Old 08-24-2011, 10:19 PM

16,438 posts, read 18,510,024 times
"Posted by theunbrainwashed
Perry is an illegal alien sympathizer as well"

Yes, regretably he is. I voted for "close the border with the National Guard" Friedman, even though I didn't want Willy Nelson for a State Secretary...

Old 08-24-2011, 10:38 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You’re right. I know many diehard Obama supporters, primarily black Democrats and Independents, who are now so disenchanted due to this shameful pandering, they have sworn not to vote for him in 2012. They will simply not vote. I voted for him, but he has also lost my support. His new policy has sent a resounding message: Illegal aliens and the Hispanic vote are more important than jobs for the citizens of this country.
When it comes down to it, they will vote for Obama. You knew he was "pro-illegal" but you still voted for him before right? Most voters are not one issue voters.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:52 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
So cry foul when you sneak into the football game without buying a ticket and lets choose who gets to stay? Only the people who have not started fights can stay.
There are those at a football game that may have not bought a ticket, but it doesn´t change my experience of the game at all. I am fine with checking for tickets at the gate, but I don´t want roaming security asking each time I want to go to the concession stand or bathroom. At least the analogy here is a step closer than a usual claim.

Old 08-25-2011, 12:23 AM

2,075 posts, read 1,773,289 times
Quote:
The only thing I agree with, is identify an illegal, and sent them back to their country of origin. With their children.

Every time an illegal is deported, they should be marked with a tattoo, after five tats, there should be prison time. In their own country. The US could privatize prison in these countries, and pay less than we pay now.
Great idea. How about a micro-chip for two time
offenders ?

Old 08-25-2011, 07:52 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
There are those at a football game that may have not bought a ticket, but it doesn´t change my experience of the game at all. I am fine with checking for tickets at the gate, but I don´t want roaming security asking each time I want to go to the concession stand or bathroom. At least the analogy here is a step closer than a usual claim.
Not a good analogy. Illegal immigration is negatively impacting us all including you. Those who are sympathizers to them don't mind the hits they are taking because their other agenda is much more important to them than the best interests and the laws of this country. What bothers me is that they don't seem to care about how it is negatively impacting their fellow Americans whose agenda IS in the best intererests of this country.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:56 AM

1,574 posts, read 788,760 times
Quote:
Every time an illegal is deported, they should be marked with a tattoo
wow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration