U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 02:56 PM

786 posts, read 4,228,809 times

Advertisements

Have you been reading about the Illegal Alien who has been living in a Church for a year so she will not be arrested by Immigration Authorities? Well, she has got bored and now plans to come to Washington DC to lobby for her cause. She is not a typical Illegal Alien, she has a formal deportation order against her. What do you think ICE will do about her?

Here is a link with more information

Illegal immigrant to leave church refuge - U.S. Security - MSNBC.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 03:05 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,949,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Have you been reading about the Illegal Alien who has been living in a Church for a year so she will not be arrested by Immigration Authorities? Well, she has got bored and now plans to come to Washington DC to lobby for her cause. She is not a typical Illegal Alien, she has a formal deportation order against her. What do you think ICE will do about her?

They need to arrest her on the spot to make an example out of her, to show her that you just don't scr*w with the US Gov't. That job that she had at o'hare airport could have gone to an american citizen. She already defied a deportation order. If she loves her child so much, then why doesn't she just take him back to mexico with her?

Old 08-15-2007, 03:07 PM

3,861 posts, read 7,418,211 times
I think that churches that harbor illegal immigrants need to lose their tax-exempt status at the very least.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:12 PM

6,739 posts, read 8,543,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I think that churches that harbor illegal immigrants need to lose their tax-exempt status at the very least.

I agree -

I also think they probably will do nothing, zip, nil, nada........

Old 08-15-2007, 04:37 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,005,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post

I don't think ICE will do anything. If the US government actually wanted her out she would be gone already. In fact, I bet she heads to the White House and has a press conference right under the nose of law enforcement.

Besides, most illegal aliens are not actually physically deported. Most simply just get a DEPORTATION LETTER in the mail ordering them to leave. And they rarely do.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:50 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,025,867 times
She will head to Washington, eat lunch at the White House ( under our tax dollar of course), she will cry freedom and Bush will let her stay. She will then be hired by Bush to fill many empty roles in his cabinet, but she will only make $3.85 an hour. Before Bush' term ends she will be promoted to head of Immigration and we will be flying a Mexican flag.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:30 PM

7,352 posts, read 8,993,140 times
This woman is a master manipulator. Nobody is trying to separate her from her child: she can take her child back to Mexico with her. I am so tired of illegal immigrants like her turning themselves into martyrs, and trying to emotionally blackmail the American people. What I find incredible is that illegal aliens feel that they have the right to demand that the U.S. change its immigration laws. I also find it incredible that they have no interest in working to change their own country, to demand their rights there. To allow this woman, and others like her to stay, is--in effect--to state that immigration laws in the U.S. are meaningless, that no one should have to pay attention to them, that anyone who crosses the border illegally is somehow entitled to do so and to stay in this country, even though they know perfectly well that what they are doing is illegal. And it empowers other people like her to do the same thing, to make the same demands. Meanwhile, poor Americans get no special consideration whatsoever. The U.S. is for Americans and others who are in this country legally. It is not for the taking by anybody who can make it here illegally. For them to cry "unfair," and for anybody to listen to it seriously, is manipulative and selfish.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:53 AM

5,640 posts, read 16,932,091 times
She had stolen identity, she is a thief. I don't feel sorry for someone like that.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:48 AM

185 posts, read 319,555 times
The second time she entered the country illegally (felony) she purposely got pregnant so she could use her child for a tool. What kind of garbage would have a child so she could use it for her own selfish purposes? She doesnt deserve to be a mother. With her disrespect for America and her belligerent, unlawful ways she doesn't deserve to live in a civilized nation.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:44 AM

4,514 posts, read 8,601,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
That job that she had at o'hare airport could have gone to an american citizen.
Wow! This is a good example of Nativist entitlement.

But seriously, an Chicagolander should get that job, not another stranger from downstate or out-of-state who will keep a NATIVE Chicagolander out of a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or