U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-31-2011, 12:56 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
49 posts, read 59,398 times
Reputation: 60

Advertisements

The real problem also is that Obama seems to wholeheartedly support illegal immigration. He'll deny it of course. But every time I've personally heard him address the issue, he brushes it off like it's no big deal. Or he pretends to be taking care of the problem, when clearly the problem still exists. He obviously either wants to ignore reality or he simply does not care. Then he just blatantly lies or twists statistics. The bottom line is we need to get him and other politicians like him out of office soon before any more damage is done.

Judge for yourselves...

Obama Mocks Border Enforcement: 'They'll Need A Moat' With Alligators - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-31-2011, 03:34 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,893,897 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Wow, can you imagine? Governments issuing documents to their citizens, and those documents actually being accepted? Clearly, civilization is totally over.
Perfectly acceptable in the nation of origin. Not acceptable in place of say a valid drivers license or a green card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2011, 03:38 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 790,033 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Perfectly acceptable in the nation of origin. Not acceptable in place of say a valid drivers license or a green card.
Why do you get to decided for a bank what is acceptable identification? Don't you think they are capable of figuring that out themselves?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2011, 03:42 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,131,308 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeMts View Post
The real problem also is that Obama seems to wholeheartedly support illegal immigration. He'll deny it of course. But every time I've personally heard him address the issue, he brushes it off like it's no big deal. Or he pretends to be taking care of the problem, when clearly the problem still exists. He obviously either wants to ignore reality or he simply does not care. Then he just blatantly lies or twists statistics. The bottom line is we need to get him and other politicians like him out of office soon before any more damage is done.

Judge for yourselves...

Obama Mocks Border Enforcement: 'They'll Need A Moat' With Alligators - YouTube
Why would he enforce the immigration laws when he has relatives in the country illegally? Clearly that presents a huge conflict of interest there. Most people that support illegal immigration stand to personally benefit from it one way or another, or they know someone who's here illegally and they don't want them to get deported. Simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Why do you get to decided for a bank what is acceptable identification? Don't you think they are capable of figuring that out themselves?
Why do I need to provide my Social Security number for a bank account but illegals don't have to, because they don't have any documentation other than a Matrícula Consular?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2011, 03:52 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,893,897 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Why do you get to decided for a bank what is acceptable identification? Don't you think they are capable of figuring that out themselves?
because those banks are insured by the fed. In other words our tax dollars. As we found out deregulating the banking industry was a huge mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2011, 04:00 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
49 posts, read 59,398 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Why do you get to decided for a bank what is acceptable identification? Don't you think they are capable of figuring that out themselves?
Umm... well obviously NOT if that is what they chose to do. What the bank wants and what's actually good for society are two separate things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Why would he enforce the immigration laws when he has relatives in the country illegally? Clearly that presents a huge conflict of interest there. Most people that support illegal immigration stand to personally benefit from it one way or another, or they know someone who's here illegally and they don't want them to get deported. Simple as that.
Good point. All I know is I'm won't be voting for him next election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2011, 04:13 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,131,308 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
because those banks are insured by the fed. In other words our tax dollars. As we found out deregulating the banking industry was a huge mistake.
Actually they are not insured by the Fed. FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) but not the Federal Reserve. They "insure" (cough, TARP) the big boys like Citigroup and BoA not local community bank
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2011, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,893,897 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Actually they are not insured by the Fed. FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) but not the Federal Reserve. They "insure" (cough, TARP) the big boys like Citigroup and BoA not local community bank
I stand corrected. However stand firm on what happens when we deregulate the banking industry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-31-2011, 04:19 PM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,131,308 times
Reputation: 11576
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I stand corrected. However stand firm on what happens when we deregulate the banking industry.
As do I. Banking is the only industry that the government has a legitimate interest in strictly regulating. Im still waiting why rhymetime thinks it's fair that illegals get to use our banks without a SS number, but we have to supply one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2011, 07:08 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 790,033 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
because those banks are insured by the fed. In other words our tax dollars. As we found out deregulating the banking industry was a huge mistake.
What are you talking about? Bank Insurance has basically nothing to do with identification and authentication of people. FDIC insurance doesn't protect banks from people pulling some identity scheme on them, it protects bank customers from bank failure.

As for deregulation, I don't see what this has to do with the discussion either. Are you suggesting that deregulation led to banks not properly identifying customers, which contributed to the financial crisis? Banking is probably in the top three most-regulated industries in the country, even after whatever "deregulation" you're referring to, BTW (I would guess behind healthcare but ahead of airlines).

Let's be specific here. What problems do you foresee if a bank doesn't adequately identify certain illegal alien customers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top