U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 01:02 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,334,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
My compassion disappeared when I saw illegal aliens getting more support from my government then my family gets.....

My compassion disappeared when an illegal alien pays less to go to college than my daughter.

I despise any American citizen who calls for compassion for anyone who illegally enters my country.

Maybe i am wrong to feel this way, i don't know anymore. I am bitter, because someone i really cared about someone dear, and important was killed by an illegal driver. You never get over something like this, you just don't. Perhaps it has clouded my judgement, sorry if it has, but it made me bitter. Somone young, whose life was taken way to early all because those who were here illegally, were also drinking and driving. Will never forget that.
I do not underestand how people can be ok with the crime element of illegals being here, after what happened to my friend, i just cannot forget sorry. I will work on trying in the future, but in my own time.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:05 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Compassion is not a bad thing. But it must be measured. Our priority should always be to take care of our own first.
I agree. I cannot for the life of me understand how any U.S. citizen can put the needs of foreigners here illegally above their own fellow citizen's needs. The jobs they are taking from Americans, the stolen I.D.'s, the raping of our tax coffers for their medical and educational needs and welfare they receive from giving birth on our soil, the increased crime rates, the uncontrolled population growth are all devasating to our country and its citizens. How can they hold such misplaced compassion? We are becoming a divided nation, sadly.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:55 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Should we have compassion on illegals?
Yes, I think the governments and the people of their countries should help them when they are sent back home.

For example when the deportees cross over into Juarez, or another border town, I think Mexico should provide them a bus ticket so they can get back home.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:06 AM

10,032 posts, read 6,880,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Oh, right, it's just for their own good. Or you could, you know, just legalize them. But let's be honest, you're not going to support that, because you don't ACTUALLY care about their well being, you're just using that as an excuse.

I could not possibly care less about their well being. They don't want to live in their own country. Why is that our problem?

Old 08-26-2011, 09:45 AM

3,395 posts, read 3,218,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Oh, right, it's just for their own good. Or you could, you know, just legalize them. But let's be honest, you're not going to support that, because you don't ACTUALLY care about their well being, you're just using that as an excuse.
Right, just legalize them. Then what? More specifically, when do the problems in their home country get fixed? If all the labor and talent comes streaming over the border and we keep legalizing them, Mexico will sink deeper and deeper. There is no incentive to fix their problems. They will become more and more reliant on illegals here sending money back to Mexico.

Old 08-26-2011, 11:02 PM

18,856 posts, read 30,561,955 times
No compassion, send them all back, and their "anchors" too. Sieze all assets as well, as they probably never paid taxes.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:00 AM

1,574 posts, read 791,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
No compassion, send them all back, and their "anchors" too. Sieze all assets as well, as they probably never paid taxes.
So it's not the citizenship/legal status that bothers you, obviously, since you advocate sending "anchors" back (back to where? they're US citizens).

So what is it about them?

Old 08-27-2011, 09:10 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
Right, just legalize them. Then what? More specifically, when do the problems in their home country get fixed? If all the labor and talent comes streaming over the border and we keep legalizing them, Mexico will sink deeper and deeper. There is no incentive to fix their problems. They will become more and more reliant on illegals here sending money back to Mexico.
Exactly - Mexico is a democracy for one. There is no excuse to simply abandon their own country, their children and elderly and come here for the easy life handed to them on a silver platter.

The other option to improving your life is to work to reform your own country, build your own country's infrastructure.

The illegals coming over the border are only in it for themselves. Once here, they don't give a damn what happens to those who remained except sometimes they continue to care about close family members left behind. They aren't working to improve their villages, they aren't creating jobs. They're over here rolling in American dollars and government programs but that's only for themselves.

Their family members back home getting the big remittance wires every month now don't have to worry about work or jobs and can pay more for utilities which just causes the rates for others to go up, making it that much harder for the others who don't have the lush remittance money. But also the family members of the illegals lose their work ethic since it becomes easy enough to lay around doing nothing but wait for the Western Union wire.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:26 AM

4,072 posts, read 4,974,117 times
No. It would be like showing compassion for a sociopath.

Old 08-27-2011, 12:43 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
I feel compassion ONLY for their exploited children. I did feel compassion for Dreamies, before I visited their website, and discovered they are nothing but ingrate, entitlement-minded criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or