Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 02:22 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
citation needed. We already figured using Benicar's links in another thread that only approx. 1/3 of the total illegal immigration population have kids that qualify for welfare and actually use it. In fact, the link Benicar provided said that only 57% of those with children use welfare.
Which is 57% too many. Because that 57% represents untold billions in government expenditures at a time when governments all over the country are having to make painful, even draconian cuts. That in itself speaks to your lack of reality.

Based on that reply, I'm guessing that if a house caught on fire in your neighborhood, you'd probably say to yourself, "Why it's only a little fire," and not call 9-1-1.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:25 PM

951 posts, read 745,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Which is 57% too many. Because that 57% represents untold billions in tax dollars at a time when governments all over the country are having to make painful, even draconian cuts. That in itself speaks to your lack of reality.

Based on that reply, I'm guessing that if a house caught on fire in your neighborhood, you'd probably say to yourself, "Why it's only a little fire," and not call 9-1-1.

hmmm. He claimed that none can provide for themselves, I provide evidence otherwise which shows that not only do 2/3 not even qualify for welfare and are obviously taking care of themselves, but 43% of the immigrants that do qualify aren't even using it and somehow I won't call 911 for a fire? Good job.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
hmmm. He claimed that none can provide for themselves, I provide evidence otherwise which shows that not only do 2/3 not even qualify for welfare and are obviously taking care of themselves, but 43% of the immigrants that do qualify aren't even using it and somehow I won't call 911 for a fire? Good job.
Ah. The reading comprehension is lacking, I see.

I didn't claim they all can't provide for themselves. Those who can't take care of themselves and take advantage of welfare are taking government largesse in a time of severe cutbacks. Those who can provide for themselves are taking the jobs of those legal residents who, by all rights, should have those jobs. Either way, they constitute a severe problem for legal residents of this country.

My word, you make terrible arguments. Easily refutable. The obvious product of blind, kneejerk ideology masquerading as thought.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:30 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
They qualify for welfare as soon as they give birth.

The males can find some woman with children born here to shack up with - the men might not technically qualify for welfare but they're getting in on it all the same and they certainly enjoy the meals paid for with food stamps courtesy of those USA born children.

The baby brings in the welfare handouts including the government provided housing but technically they count as citizens. The food stamp amount is based on household size- doesn't matter if it's one citizen and 8 illegals. Plus there is WIC, Medicaid - both for the citizen baby and the mother's maternity visits.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
citation needed. We already figured using Benicar's links in another thread that only approx. 1/3 of the total illegal immigration population have kids that qualify for welfare and actually use it. In fact, the link Benicar provided said that only 57% of those with children use welfare.
I doubt that figure included the Medicaid they get for giving birth here in the first place - and of course the Medicaid their children get after being born here.

Extremely few illegals bother buying medical insurance. Even under Obama care where citizens will be forced to buy insurance or pay for Obama care, the illegals are being given another free ride. They can continue to expect free health care, not have to pay a dime.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Once again, the facts don't fit in your little fantasy land. Provide evidence. I mean, I am using Benicar's own links that prove your claims wrong right now.
This time you can provide some links. Get us the link showing us that most illegals after crossing over go and get themselves a medical insurance plan or that most illegals actually pay their hospital bills out of their own pockets, including the maternity hospital stay when they have their anchor babies.

Logic will tell you that they do not. They cannot come here and take all those very low wage jobs that no Americans want and afford the health care costs here.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Ah. The reading comprehension is lacking, I see.

I didn't claim they all can't provide for themselves. Those who can't take care of themselves and take advantage of welfare are taking government largesse in a time of severe cutbacks. Those who can provide for themselves are taking the jobs of those legal residents who, by all rights, should have those jobs. Either way, they constitute a severe problem for legal residents of this country.

My word, you make terrible arguments. Easily refutable. The obvious product of blind, kneejerk ideology masquerading as thought.

For someone telling people they can't read and have sloppy thinking maybe you should reread things before writing. I was talking about Malamute's claim, not yours.

You haven't refuted anything yet btw. You danced around your first claim that white collars don't ever have to worry about jerbs getting stolen after I brought up the simple fact that skilled workers immigrate here all the time.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:38 PM

Back to the topic, compassion. Yes, we can have compassion for all law-breakers. Even the traffic law breakers. If you are driving 70 in a 60 mph zone, the cop shouldn't beat in your face. And illegals can be treated humanely as they are returned home.

Better yet, let their own people show them some compassion for once.

Old 08-27-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
For someone telling people they can't read and have sloppy thinking maybe you should reread things before writing. I was talking about Malamute's claim, not yours.

You haven't refuted anything yet btw. You danced around your first claim that white collars don't ever have to worry about jerbs getting stolen after I brought up the simple fact that skilled workers immigrate here all the time.
Actually, I provided you with a simple and direct answer. We have legal mechanisms in this country that deal with immigration, including skilled immigrants. A skilled worker entering this country has to be approved by INS, the approval dependent on whether the need is so chronic that domestic workers can't be found. Jeez, you really are desperate to make a valid point aren't you?

Old 08-27-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Actually, I provided you with a simple and direct answer. We have legal mechanisms in this country that deal with immigration, including skilled immigrants. A skilled worker entering this country has to be approved by INS, the approval dependent on whether the need is so chronic that domestic workers can't be found. Jeez, you really are desperate to make a valid point aren't you?

No just pointing out that your fantasy land where white collar workers don't compete for their jobs is pretty much b.s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration