Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 01:16 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,018,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
That is so not the case, being in real estate for over 15 years, that is a crock. Because a property is abandoned, does not mean any one can just take it over. We got the police involved on certain occasions, where a couple walked away from a property, and there were squatters living in the home. We got the police involved. The people living in the home went to jail, for how long i honestly do not know. You cannot just take over a property, ignorant people would be doing this all the time if that were the case. Usually the bank will take the home over, those living in the home are traspassing on property that does not belong to them. Their names are not on the deeds are they!
Well, again, it depends. "Abandoned" has a pretty specific meaning. If the house in question above was abandoned, who pressed charges against the squatters? If the bank owns a property, then it's not abandoned.

PS: Man "Squats" in Texas Mansion, Now it's His for $16

Old 08-25-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
And do they rush down to city hall, and admit to being illegals, and eager to pay any back taxes owed ? Do they get cracking with hammer, nails, paint, pickett fences ? Add flowers, sod, etc ?
I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. Basically you're just implying that illegals are undesirable.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Please try to stay on topic & stop avoiding the question

This is what you posted: So in your ideal world, when slavery ended should they have sent all the slaves back to africa?
What question am I avoiding? Are you suggesting that I'm avoiding the question that I myself asked?

Old 08-25-2011, 01:20 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,666,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
What question am I avoiding? Are you suggesting that I'm avoiding the question that I myself asked?
No

The question I ask you.

I said why?

You were suggesting with your question slaves should go back to Africa.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:25 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
No

The question I ask you.

I said why?

You were suggesting with your question slaves should go back to Africa.
Wouldn't that be former slaves? Is it referring to descendents of former slaves? Remember, context is important.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:26 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Well, again, it depends. "Abandoned" has a pretty specific meaning. If the house in question above was abandoned, who pressed charges against the squatters? If the bank owns a property, then it's not abandoned.

PS: Man "Squats" in Texas Mansion, Now it's His for $16

It is abandoned till the bank puts the dang thing up for sale. Some of these homes i have been in plenty believe me are pig houses. They have to be cleaned like you would not believe, and upgraded before putting the home on the market. Does not stop these stupid people from breaking into the homes, and living in them. I remember exactly how they did it, they busted a windown from the back family room. Thing is that there were no other homes behind this home. Homes were very far apart. When a neighbor knew that there was something strange going on, he called someone i don't know if it were the police, the previous owners, or the bank. Abandoned may have broad terms yes, but no one person has a right to just take the home over, it does not belong to them. Do you feel this is right and just. Police will intercept if they find out people are living in abandoned houeses, i have seen this happen on many occassions.
'

Old 08-25-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
It is abandoned till the bank puts the dang thing up for sale.
No. Vacant is not the same as abandoned.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:27 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,516 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. Basically you're just implying that illegals are undesirable.
They are undesirable.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
They are undesirable.
So basically you didn't have anything to add to the discussion, you just wanted to make a broad-brush statement stereotyping a huge group of people.

Cool.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
And do they rush down to city hall, and admit to being illegals, and eager to pay any back taxes owed ? Do they get cracking with hammer, nails, paint, pickett fences ? Add flowers, sod, etc ?
I will tell you in very broad terms, what some illegals will do once they break into a home. I was trying to be nice and not wanting to go there. But since someone on here feels that they do have a right, i will tell you exactly what they do once they break into a home that does not have their name on it.

First they will run it down, what ever is left in the homes, they will take for themselves. They the pigs will urinate in the home, on the rug staining and making the home stink to high heaven. They will eat food, and throw the trash all over the home. The bathrooms were totally disgusting with a capital D, sickening, i could not go in the bathrooms, without wanting to literally throw up. I use to be sick, when having to go in a home like that. Just thinking about those homes right now, i am gagging. Illegals who do this kind of thing are plain and simple pigs. Not everyone who does it are illegals, but those that do are plain and in simple english pigs of the worse kind. Don't know how many other realtors have ever put up with a home as this, but it is sickening, disgusting, and plain wrong. I am almost throwing up right now, thinking of the homes i was in with illegals living in them. So much of the time once the police were called they were already gone, on occasions we went in and found the disgusting creatures, and the police called right then and there. The homes were in english terms trashed like you would not believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration