Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 02:55 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Nope, sorry, it's not. When you park your car at a store, would you say it's abandoned? You're not IN it, it's empty. Did you abandon it?

OK, you can hold that position, but if you do you can't use the previous case of freeing the slaves and letting them stay to draw conclusions about what would happen if you could magically make all illegals disappear.

Yeah, tell that to the farmers in Georgia.

Of course, if that's really your concern then making legal immigration easier would solve that problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Yes, I would agree with that (assuming we're limiting the discussion to real estate. But that dependency doesn't imply the two terms are interchangable.

No, it's just vacant.

Yes, I agree. In those cases, you haven't abandoned the property.

Well, yes, you can. But for reasons already explained, you can't do so in any logically consistent fashion.

Well there's actually a limit to how much they CAN pay without losing money (and note that anyone that hasn't done this sort of work before will be much less efficient, increasing costs even further). Farm produce is a commodity and prices are determined by the market. The farmers can't just jack up their prices to cover cost increases.

Oh, it's easy

IF you have a citizen relative or you're rich.

Well YOU don't see a need for it, oh, case closed. I mean, I don't see a need for a professional basketball league or cheeseburgers or cable TV, so we should just get rid of those, right?
YOUR'E COMPARING

Apples & Oranges

Cable is a service
Cheeseburger is a food
TV is a luxury item

Old 08-25-2011, 02:57 PM

951 posts, read 745,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I will tell you in very broad terms, what some illegals will do once they break into a home. I was trying to be nice and not wanting to go there. But since someone on here feels that they do have a right, i will tell you exactly what they do once they break into a home that does not have their name on it.

First they will run it down, what ever is left in the homes, they will take for themselves. They the pigs will urinate in the home, on the rug staining and making the home stink to high heaven. They will eat food, and throw the trash all over the home. The bathrooms were totally disgusting with a capital D, sickening, i could not go in the bathrooms, without wanting to literally throw up. I use to be sick, when having to go in a home like that. Just thinking about those homes right now, i am gagging. Illegals who do this kind of thing are plain and simple pigs. Not everyone who does it are illegals, but those that do are plain and in simple english pigs of the worse kind. Don't know how many other realtors have ever put up with a home as this, but it is sickening, disgusting, and plain wrong. I am almost throwing up right now, thinking of the homes i was in with illegals living in them. So much of the time once the police were called they were already gone, on occasions we went in and found the disgusting creatures, and the police called right then and there. The homes were in english terms trashed like you would not believe.
Yeah they were already gone but california is sure they were ILLEGALS!!

Old 08-25-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Abandoned or Vacant same dang thing,
um no

Old 08-25-2011, 03:01 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,018,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
YOUR'E COMPARING

Apples & Oranges

Cable is a service
Cheeseburger is a food
TV is a luxury item
So what about those items is so special that makes it impossible to compare those things when it comes specifically to whether we should care if some random internet posters personally sees a need for them?

I'm not trying to compare the nutritional value or utility or tastiness of cable TV to illegal immigration, I'm comparing the authoritativeness of a random internet website poster's determination of how much "we" need these things.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
um no
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm yes when the police were called, if people were in the home, they did not care if the home were vacant or abandoned, people went to jail. Home sign stated No trespassing violators will be prosecuted, what does that mean to you . Look we called the police plenty of times, and yes when we were dealing with areas that had a high hispanic population, there were plenty of illegals invading those areas. You also think this is acceptable. Your car breaks down in the middle of the night, It is now vacat abandoned same difference, someone has the right to take your car, you vacated it, not yours right No friggin different then a home, not yours, not for the taking, stop with the excuses.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm yes when the police were called, if people were in the home, they did not care if the home were vacant or abandoned, people went to jail. Home sign stated No trespassing violators will be prosecuted, what does that mean to you . Look we called the police plenty of times, and yes when we were dealing with areas that had a high hispanic population, there were plenty of illegals invading those areas. You also think this is acceptable. Your car breaks down in the middle of the night, It is now vacat abandoned same difference, someone has the right to take your car, you vacated it, not yours right No friggin different then a home, not yours, not for the taking, stop with the excuses.

Yes abandoned and vacant. Same exact thing. For someone who just said they worked in real estate I'm pretty surprised. Well, not really.

Next we'll be seeing hotels/motels with abandoned signs instead of vacancy signs.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Yeah they were already gone but california is sure they were ILLEGALS!!
Don't get smug please, i know illegals when i see them, and i am sure the smart person you are, you i think would know too, maybe.

Look when we got calls, we were told they were illegals, i don't owe you a thing to tell you about what we did when we found out a home had illegals living in them, none of your business right.

And we are talking about illegals, not Americans, illegals, you know those who break our laws, commit crimes, destroy property that is not theirs to destroy, etc.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:41 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,018,589 times
Quote:
And we are talking about illegals, not Americans, illegals, you know those who break our laws, commit crimes, destroy property that is not theirs to destroy, etc.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Don't get smug please, i know illegals when i see them, and i am sure the smart person you are, you i think would know too, maybe.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration